• '19 Moderator

@froodster:

Who’s the guy sticking his barrel into CC’s ear? looks dangerous.

That’s Chris, he’s registered here, but he doesn’t post and I forgot his login.  In the picture depth is messing with you, Tim is standing a couple feet forward of the rest of us.

@Imperious:

Wait you guys are shooting live ammo? is this legal? WTF?

LOL, this is Arizona not Kalifornia ;)

@froodster:

That first picture’s awesome though. One question - what’s he shooting at? Whatever it was, I bet it’s dead now if it wasn’t before!

I should have gotten a picture of the target.  I have a couple of 1/2" steel plates on a rack, they swing back when you hit them.  I will have to spend a hour or two next week welding up the holes we made. :)

• '19 Moderator

By the way, I’m the one with the M14…

• 2007 AAR League

I guess that makes you the guy with the grey t-shirt? I recognize an AK47 and an M16, that’s about the extent of my knowledge. What’s the M14 all about?

And what is that BFG in your avatar?

• '19 Moderator

The M14 was between the M1 Garand and the M16 in the American Army.  It’s a Semi or full auto .308 (7.62 x 51 NATO)  It i still used in Infantry units for the designated marksman.  It is also sometimes used as a police sniper rifle.

In my avatar I have an M9 9mm Bereta in my right hand, an M4 5.56mm carbine in my lap, and a SAW Squad Automatic Weapon, 5.56mm belt fed machinegun in my left.  These were all issued to me in Iraq and I carried which ever was appropriate for the mission I was on.

• 2007 AAR League

Oh yeah, the M4 - I googled it and now that I see a picture, I remember I had a GI Joe with one of those and I always thought it looked cool. Didn’t know the name though.

Does the SAW have another name, eg M? I seem to remember that there’s a heavy machine gun called an M60 or M1?

Shouldn’t know this stuff for being raised in a pacifist family…

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, it’s an M249, everyone just calls it a SAW though.

The M2 is a heavy the M60 is the old light MG, replaced by the M240B

The SAW I suppose is a sort of Light light MG

That’s Great!

• '19 Moderator

One of the disadvantages of being the one with the camera is you can end up with pictures of a strange Canadian with your kids.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 2007 AAR League

What a great picture to promote civil unions! Two dads, two happy kids, out enjoying a day in the park…  :evil:

Just jokes. What’s the story with those rock paintings?

• '19 Moderator

LMAO… I am going to have to point Chris to this discussion so he can read that…

We went on a hike in the Superstition Mountains.  Those are native petrographs located on the rocks around a spring in the canyon.  They are actualy carved into the rock.  The trail was named many years ago unfortunately, it’s called Hieroglyphics Trail.  :roll:

• 2007 AAR League

Well they’re not the most butch looking guys. Maybe if they were still carrying assault rifles it would help  :-D (CC is going to kill me - no CC, you’re a manly man, that first picture proves it, don’t worry…)

• '19 Moderator

Well, I think he left Arizona 5 points higher on the manly scale.  He had to learn to slam the door on my old 4x4 as well as shooting an assortment of modern military weapons.  Hell, I bet seven new hairs popped out on his chest!

• 2007 AAR League

Cute kids, by the way :)

• 2007 AAR League

way to go CC and dezert.  Got to fire out a lot of lead.  very very nice.

Yeah, imperious, with rational states, its legal to shoot guns as a sporting activity.  keep your aim up.  unless your just a born natural like me.

CC went way up on manly points, and respect points in my book.  docs blasting off some rounds, just gotta love it.

• We also went to a coyotes game and somehow ended up on the internet

Hey, CC got to see the Jets play live again, nice.

• @Mr:

We also went to a coyotes game and somehow ended up on the internet

Hey, CC got to see the Jets play live again, nice.

That was awesome.  Great to see an NHL game again (i had actually seen the ‘yotes when they played the Oilers in Winnipeg last year).
    The whole trip was awesome.  I think i put away more beer than any two weekends together, and it was great to play some ftf games.  The hiking was wonderful - loved the scenery (sp?)
    now the shootin’ - that was something else altogether.  We just had a poopload of fun.  Since i’ve purchased a bunch of guns that i keep by my bed and in my glove-compartment . . . ok that last bit was a joke.
    But i had a lot of fun and i even hit the target that i was shooting at when i was trying to hit it a few times!!
    I didn’t get to try a flamethrower/bazooka/grenade launcher yet tho’ . . . next visit!

• :-D

8-)

i’m jealous

• @dezrtfish:

The M14 was between the M1 Garand and the M16 in the American Army.  It’s a Semi or full auto .308 (7.62 x 51 NATO)  It i still used in Infantry units for the designated marksman.  It is also sometimes used as a police sniper rifle.

In my avatar I have an M9 9mm Bereta in my right hand, an M4 5.56mm carbine in my lap, and a SAW Squad Automatic Weapon, 5.56mm belt fed machinegun in my left.  These were all issued to me in Iraq and I carried which ever was appropriate for the mission I was on.

they let you keep all that.  :-o :-o and they complian about the ak-47  being legal.  :roll:

• '19 Moderator

The weapons in my avatar are issued :wink:

• Squad
    Automatic
    Weapon

Basically an MG that can be easily used by one guy, and so fits nicely into squads.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m