• Hi, I’m new on the forums but as I was looking around I noticed everyone said there is no good Atlantic shuck for the US. I decided to try and prove that myself and I came up with something. However, it seems like it is at least toeing the edge of being too little too late if not definitely too little too late. The end result is 2 transports a turn into NWE or FRA from USA 5 on while still getting 4 transports worth of troops into Africa and fighters into Russia albeit with 2 turns where Russia only gets 1 fighter.
    The actual moves are:

On USA 1
    Purchase: 1 AC (14) + 2 Transport (14) + 1 Destroyer (8) + 1 ART (4) = Total (40) Save (2)
    Combat Move: 1 Cruiser + E. US FTR + W. US FTR +Bom to sz. 11 (This is under the assumption that both German subs attacked sz. 11 and at least one survived)
    Resolve Combat: (likely submerged)
    NCM: AC in sz. 53 + FTR from Hawaii + Destroyer in sz. 53 go to sz. 41. FTR from sz. 53 goes to W. AUS. BB and Transport + 2 INF from sz. 56 go to sz. 19. Bom from sz. 11 goes to UK (Optional). 2 INF + Tank + ART from E. US go to sz. 11. SUB from sz. 53 goes to sz. 56. (Assuming Japan has not hit Panama)
    Place Units: All in E. US
    Collect Income: 40 (Assuming Japan takes Anhwei and Yunnan)

On USA 2
    Purchase: 1 Transport (7) + 4 SUBS (24) = Total (31) Save (2 + 9)
    Combat Move: 1 cruiser + 1 Destroyer + 1 Bom to wherever those German subs went (only if UK didn’t eliminate and there aren’t enough German planes to take out 1 loaded AC (unlikely)) and 2 INF + 1 Tank + 1 ART to Morocco.
    Resolve Combat: Take hit on cruiser if there is a combat in the sea
    NCM: 1 loaded AC + 1 Destroyer (Optional) + 1 Cruiser (Optional) from sz. 11 to sz. 13. BB and Transport + 2 INF from sz. 19 to sz. 11. 1 INF + 1 ART move into sz. 11. 1 FTR from W. AUS to India. 1 FTR from sz. 41 to W. AUS. 1 AC + 1 Destroyer from sz. 41 to sz. 22. Bom to whever it can land (UK is optimal)
    Place Units: 4 SUBS in W. US + 1 Transport in E. US
    Collect Income: 40 (Assuming Japan takes Szechwan and you take Morocco)

On USA 3
    Purchase: 2 FTR (20) + 2 INF (6) + 2 ART (8) = Total (34) Save (11 + 6)
    Combat Move: 2 INF + 1 Tank + 1 ART to Algeria and 1 SBR on Berlin
    Resolve Combat:
    NCM: 3 INF + 1 ART to Morocco. 1 AC to sz. 11. 1 Destroyer + 1 Cruiser (if not last turn) + 1 Destroyer + 1 BB to sz. 13. 5 SUBs to sz. 53. 1 Destroyer to sz. 57.
    Place Units: All to sz. 11
    Collect Income: 40 (Assuming Japan takes Sinkiang and you take Algeria)

On USA 4
    Purchase: 2 FTR (20) + 2 INF (6) + 2 ART (8) + 2 Transports (14) = Total (48) Save (17 -8)
    Combat move: 2 INF + 1 Tank + 1 ART to Libvya and 1 SBR on Berlin (if alive)
    Resolve Combat:
    NCM: 2 FTR from sz. 11 to Iceland. 3 INF + 1 ART to Algeria. 2 INF + 2 ART to sz. 13. 5 SUBs to sz. 59. 1 Destroyer to sz. 60
    Place Units: All in sz. 11
    Collect Income: 41 (Assuming you take Libya)

On USA 5
    Purchase: 2 FTR (20) + 2 INF (6) + 2 ART (8) + 1 AC = Total (34) Save (9 - 7)
    Combat Move: 2 INF + 1 ART + 1 Tank to Egypt and (if emtpy) blitz to TJ. 2 INF + 2 ART from sz 13 to FRA or NWE. 5 SUBS to sz. 60 or 62 (depending if Japan places blocker) (Assuming Japan destroys blocker) (If Japan runs to sz. 36 stay in sz. 59). 1 SBR on Berlin. (if alive)
    Resolve Combat:
    NCM: 1 loaded AC + 1 BB + 2 Destroyers + 1 Cruiser from sz. 13 to sz. 8. 1 half loaded AC + 4 transports + 2 INF + 1 Tank + 1 ART to sz. 12. 1 FTR from sz. 11 to Iceland. 2 FTR from Iceland to W. Russia or Moscow. 3 INF + 1 ART to Libya.
    Place Units: All Units on E. US
    Collect Income: 41 (Assuming you still control all of North Africa and attack on FRA was rebuffed)

From there you continue purchasing 2 FTR, 2 INF, and 2 Tanks a turn. On USA 6 the FTR in Iceland goes to Russia, the FTR in sz. 12 goes to Iceland, and the 2 FTRs from E. US stack the AC in sz. 12. On USA 7 the 2 FTRs bought in E. US fly to Iceland and the 1 FTR on Iceland flies to Russia. The lone tank in Africa has the option of continuing to Caucasus, India, or turning around right back into Africa.
    I’d welcome any feedback.

• Edit: On USA 1, Pearl not Panama. On USA 5, Total 48 not 34. On USA 1 the Flying Tiger goes to Egypt or India and the INF from Szechwan head to Sinkiang. On USA 2 the INF from Sinkiang go to Kazakh. When Kazakh is no longer holdable they retreat to Russia.

• As I look around some more, I see what should have been clear from the beginning. The transit is bad because it is worse than previous versions. I have only ever played AA 1942 2nd Edition so I didn’t realize this. Also, On USA 5 the fleet in sz. 11 should move to sz. 10 not 12.

• @The-Mink

Hi Mink

It’s a puzzle and even when you figure it out, the dice says otherwise :)

I’d suggest giving Anniversary and Global a try when you get time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m