• Beamdog Online version 3.0 ranked game.
    Haven’t played in a while just double checking

Rd one pearl harbor push with japan.
    Defender aircraft carrier takes first hit fighter does not get hit.
    I retreat with the expectation that the fighter will crash into the sea without a place to land. It lands on Hawaii instead.
    I thought defending fighters on carriers crashed without carrier to land on?

I m 2 rounds out from a major naval battle off the coast of Japan. If the fighters on carriers will automatically land on Japan. I ll change my defensive profile to take hits on carriers before fighters. But if it’s a glitch or something I don’t want all my fighters going down into the sea without a place to land.

• @genericgeneral said in Quick rule clarification please.:

I retreat with the expectation that the fighter will crash into the sea without a place to land. It lands on Hawaii instead.
    I thought defending fighters on carriers crashed without carrier to land on?

No. I have no clue how close to the boardgame rules the Beamdog variant currently is, but here it seems to follow the OOB rules:

A fighter based on a defending carrier must land on the same carrier if possible after the battle. If that carrier is destroyed in combat, it must try to land elsewhere. It must land on a different friendly carrier in the same sea zone, move 1 space to a friendly territory, island, or aircraft carrier, or be destroyed.
    (Rulebook, page 26)

• @Panther thank you very much.

• Correctly, when a defending carrier is destroyed and a fighter survives, the fighter may move up to 1 space to land. If it cannot land, it is destroyed. 1942 Online does not allow you to designate which territory is landed in, e.g. if a German carrier in sea zone 5 is destroyed, German fighter(s) may land on Finland, Norway, Berlin, or elsewhere according to 1942 Online’s handling.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m