Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• @Babubaer:

Can i now repair a Battleship from an ally on my harbour?
    So can an US harbour repair an UK Battleship ?

I´m pretty sure in one Alpha Version it was not possible.

Yes, it’s always been that way, since OOB.
    The repair takes place on the ship owner’s turn in the purchase units phase.

• TripleA

Does USA get to go to war when Germany conquers London?

• @Cow:

Does USA get to go to war when Germany conquers London?

Yes.  As does Russia.

USA can also go to war if any Axis power takes any territory in North America.

• @Krieghund:

AAE40 2nd Edition Rulebook, page 28:

Only infantry, artillery, mechanized infantry, and tanks can capture hostile territories or convert friendly neutrals.

Thanks. I wasn’t aware of that.  : :-D

• If you have a tank can you take an empty enemy terr in combat move and activate or non com into a just activated friendly neutral with the leftover movement point?

• '12

@Jeff28:

If you have a tank can you take an empty enemy terr in combat move and activate or non com into a just activated friendly neutral with the leftover movement point?

that’s a good question!  i’m thinking movement ends when they activate the a friendly neutral…  but what about when they activate a FBPN???

• '12

@Jeff28:

If you have a tank can you take an empty enemy terr in combat move and activate or non com into a just activated friendly neutral with the leftover movement point?

The answer should be no, because converting an empty enemy territory counts as a combat, and only planes can move in both combat and non-combat movement.

A general wording of this is found on page 22 of the Europe 2e book:

Phase 4: Noncombat Move
    In this phase you can move any of your units **_that didn't move in the Combat Move phase or participate in combat during your turn.

Taking an empty enemy territory counts as a combat move._**

• @Jeff28:

Yes.  
    What you can’t do is move a tank (or mech) a second space after entering a just-activated friendly neutral.

• @Eggman:

@Jeff28:

The answer should be no, because converting an empty enemy territory counts as a combat, and only planes can move in both combat and non-combat movement.

A general wording of this is found on page 22 of the Europe 2e book:

Phase 4: Noncombat Move
    In this phase you can move any of your units **_that didn't move in the Combat Move phase or participate in combat during your turn.

Taking an empty enemy territory counts as a combat move.
    You can blitz tanks over a hostile territory in the combat move, and complete its movement into a non-hostile territory in the combat movement phase (in fact, you must complete the tank’s movement then and not later)_**

• '12

@Boldfresh:

@Jeff28:

that’s a good question!  i’m thinking movement ends when they activate the a friendly neutral…  but what about when they activate a FBPN???

gamer you still didn’t answer this one.  a FBPN territory that has a standing army - can a tank or mech move through the territory and move another space, thereby activating the standing army?

• '12

@Gamerman01:

You can blitz tanks over a hostile territory in the combat move, and complete its movement into a non-hostile territory in the combat movement phase (in fact, you must complete the tank’s movement then and not later)

You’re actually agreeing with me.  The question is: can a tank claim an empty space in combat movement and then claim a neutral in non-combat movement.  The answer is no.

• @Eggman:

@Gamerman01:

You can blitz tanks over a hostile territory in the combat move, and complete its movement into a non-hostile territory in the combat movement phase (in fact, you must complete the tank’s movement then and not later)

You’re actually agreeing with me.  The question is: can a tank claim an empty space in combat movement and then claim a neutral in non-combat movement.  The answer is no.

His question was whether you can blitz and then claim a friendly neutral all in one move and the answer is yes

• '12

tripleA only allows the claiming of a friendly neutral in noncombat movement.  what do the rules technically say?  is it done in combat or noncombat?

still doesn’t answer my question of whether the first space of a blitz can be through a friendly but previously neutral country (not a friendly neutral) and move into combat on the second space and thereby activate the standing army if there is one.

• @Boldfresh:

@Boldfresh:

@Jeff28:

that’s a good question!� i’m thinking movement ends when they activate the a friendly neutral…� but what about when they activate a FBPN???

gamer you still didn’t answer this one.� a FBPN territory that has a standing army - can a tank or mech move through the territory and move another space, thereby activating the standing army?�

This could be interpreted two different ways.  Is the FBPN the FIRST territory or the SECOND territory.
    I didn’t answer it separately because in this case the FBPN is no different than a friendly neutral.

If the friendly neutral or FBPN is the FIRST territory of the tank’s movement, it cannot move another space.
    A tank can blitz and take control of an empty non-neutral, non-FBPN territory and then move a SECOND space into any neutral (friendly or no) or FBPN.

In other words, A GROUND UNIT CAN NEVER MOVE ANOTHER SPACE AFTER ACTIVATING A FRIENDLY NEUTRAL

• '12

also if the activation of a friendly neutral can be done in the combat move, can the first space the tank moves be into the friendly neutral and can it then move another space during combat?  if the activation can only be done in noncombat, if the first space of the tank’s noncombat movement is into the friendly neutral, can it then have a second space of movement?

• @Boldfresh:

tripleA only allows the claiming of a friendly neutral in noncombat movement.� what do the rules technically say?� is it done in combat or noncombat?

Only non-combat, so if TripleA doesn’t let you claim a friendly neutral in combat movement, it is correct.

still doesn’t answer my question of whether the first space of a blitz can be through a friendly but previously neutral country (not a friendly neutral) and move into combat on the second space and thereby activate the standing army if there is one.

Jeez, calm down!  :-)

• @Boldfresh:

also if the activation of a friendly neutral can be done in the combat move, can the first space the tank moves be into the friendly neutral and can it then move another space during combat?  if the activation can only be done in noncombat, if the first space of the tank’s noncombat movement is into the friendly neutral, can it then have a second space of movement?

This is the fourth time you’ve asked this question in a matter of minutes, and the answer was in the post prior to this!  In fact, the answer was in my first answer reply.  I did not miss your question.

• '12

@Gamerman01:

@Boldfresh:

@Boldfresh:

@Jeff28:

that’s a good question!� i’m thinking movement ends when they activate the a friendly neutral…� but what about when they activate a FBPN???

gamer you still didn’t answer this one.� a FBPN territory that has a standing army - can a tank or mech move through the territory and move another space, thereby activating the standing army?�

This could be interpreted two different ways. �Is the FBPN the FIRST territory or the SECOND territory.
    I didn’t answer it separately because in this case the FBPN is no different than a friendly neutral.

If the friendly neutral or FBPN is the FIRST territory of the tank’s movement, it cannot move another space.
    A tank can blitz and take control of an empty non-neutral, non-FBPN territory and then move a SECOND space into any neutral (friendly or no) or FBPN.

In other words, A GROUND UNIT CAN NEVER MOVE ANOTHER SPACE AFTER ACTIVATING A FRIENDLY NEUTRAL

what i’m getting at is since a FBPN is different than the friendly neutral because air can land in it prior to activating the standing army, i could see possibility that a tank could move THROUGH the territory in noncombat and activate the standing army.

• @Eggman:

@Gamerman01:

You’re actually agreeing with me.  The question is: can a tank claim an empty space in combat movement and then claim a neutral in non-combat movement.  The answer is no.

I didn’t agree with you.  Read it all again.

I agreed with you that a tank can’t move in the combat AND non-combat phases.

But your answer that a tank cannot blitz an enemy territory and then also activate a friendly neutral was wrong.

• @Boldfresh:

what i’m getting at is since a FBPN is different than the friendly neutral because air can land in it prior to activating the standing army, i could see possibility that a tank could move THROUGH the territory in noncombat and activate the standing army.

What?  Move through WHICH territory?  The FBPN with the standing army, or a different one?  You are not being very clear with your questions!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m