• Picked up the Japanese from the shop yesterday,

Japan3.jpg

• When do you think Fairplay will have them in stock?

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@DrLarsen:

Wow! I dug a couple of tanks from The War Game out of storage to compare and I found that the new TT pieces dwarf even them!  TT’s Panther is about the size of TWG’s Tiger!  TT’s Elephant is about the size of TWG’s Maus!  (interesting double irony there, I guess…)  Yeah, I have to say, TT: you’d best scale them down for AAA compatibility.

Yes I got my four sets of TT units yesterday and the tanks are quite large. For the most part not good for AA. Maybe can be used for BotB using ILs larger map. I made my first two bunkers out of the infantry pedestals. Cut the gun off the top and then drilled a small hole in the center of the portal that is located on the edge. Glued a portion of a gun in the drilled hole. Looks like one of those small bunkers on the Maginot line.

Check out my photo of bunker prototypes made from TT infantry units next to AA tanks.

IMAG0044.JPG

• '10

@DrLarsen:

Wow! I dug a couple of tanks from The War Game out of storage to compare and I found that the new TT pieces dwarf even them!  TT’s Panther is about the size of TWG’s Tiger!  TT’s Elephant is about the size of TWG’s Maus!  (interesting double irony there, I guess…)  Yeah, I have to say, TT: you’d best scale them down for AAA compatibility.

Photo of TT tiger1 next to The War Game tiger1 with the cross on top. Compare to the AA panther.

IMAG0031.JPG

• Customizer

That War Game Tiger looks really nice.  Is The War Game still available anywhere?  I tried looking it up on eBay but typing in “The War Game” gave me almost 7,000 results and a lot of stuff that wasn’t even remotely related.

• @Table:

Picked up the Japanese from the shop yesterday,

:| … Is that a broken/bent gun I see on the first tank?  And stress marks on one of the others.  :(

• '10

@knp7765:

That War Game Tiger looks really nice.  Is The War Game still available anywhere?  I tried looking it up on eBay but typing in “The War Game” gave me almost 7,000 results and a lot of stuff that wasn’t even remotely related.

Try typing in “The War Game:World War II”. But remember that all the sculpts in that game are different colored German units.

• Customizer

@Fishmoto37:

@knp7765:

Try typing in “The War Game:World War II”. But remember that all the sculpts in that game are different colored German units.

Thanks Fishmoto37.  Yeah, I know they are different and not really compatible with A&A units.  I guess that I’m just hooked on collecting little miniature combat pieces.  You ought to see my large collection of Xeno naval pieces in about 19 different colors.  I will never use them in any game but I just keep collecting them.

• Customizer

@Table:

I WANT THEM!  When are you going to have them ready to sell?

• Customizer

Hey Fishmoto37.  Is “The War Game” made by Pegasus Hobbies?  If so, I found 4 of them on eBay thanks to your tip on how to type it in.  All four with shipping are over $100.  Is this game out of print now?  Or just hard to find?  Well, I guess I will pass on this.  It was more of a curiosity anyway.  Thanks again for your help.

• '10

@knp7765:

Hey Fishmoto37.  Is “The War Game” made by Pegasus Hobbies?  If so, I found 4 of them on eBay thanks to your tip on how to type it in.  All four with shipping are over $100.  Is this game out of print now?  Or just hard to find?  Well, I guess I will pass on this.  It was more of a curiosity anyway.  Thanks again for your help.

I dont think that it is hard to find. It just is hard to find at a reduced price. I found a used one about a year ago and kept a few of the pieces and sold the rest on E-Bay. The major and minor ICs are really neat for the new AAG1940.

• Customizer

I’ve been using the old white ICs from the MB version of A&A for minor and the newer grey ICs for major.  I’ve also got a lot of the old white AA guns which I haven’t figured out a use for them yet.  Maybe if someone gets the Radar technology, where AA guns hit on 2 instead of just 1, I could replace the grey guns for white guns for that country.

• Knp,

I’ll post pictures later, but I’ve been using “city” pieces from the newest edition of Risk. They are made in the same factory and in the same colors as A&A pieces.

It’s $2.50 for a bag of 15 cities and all the “blue” armies from Risk.

• The bunkers are nice but tanks need to be bigger.  :-D

@Fishmoto37:

@Fishmoto37:

@DrLarsen:

Yes I got my four sets of TT units yesterday and the tanks are quite large. For the most part not good for AA. Maybe can be used for BotB using ILs larger map. I made my first two bunkers out of the infantry pedestals. Cut the gun off the top and then drilled a small hole in the center of the portal that is located on the edge. Glued a portion of a gun in the drilled hole. Looks like one of those small bunkers on the Maginot line.

Check out my photo of bunker prototypes made from TT infantry units next to AA tanks.

• They have them up now.

@reloader-1:

When do you think Fairplay will have them in stock?

• @Rorschach:

@Table:

:| … Is that a broken/bent gun I see on the first tank?  And stress marks on one of the others.  :(

You have going back out to look at the pieces but I believe they are all good.  It could be that I’m taking the picture from about 4 inches and it was indoors with a flash.

• Customizer

@reloader-1:

Knp,

I’ll post pictures later, but I’ve been using “city” pieces from the newest edition of Risk. They are made in the same factory and in the same colors as A&A pieces.

It’s $2.50 for a bag of 15 cities and all the “blue” armies from Risk.

Yeah, I have that edition of Risk.  It’s the one where all the army pieces are little arrows, right?  So you use those city pieces for minor ICs?  That’s cool.  What do you use the “blue” army pieces for?  You can order the city pieces by themselves, without the whole game?  I imagine Risk has a website for ordering stuff.  I will have to check that out.

• '10

@Table:

The bunkers are nice but tanks need to be bigger.  :-D

@Fishmoto37:

@Fishmoto37:

@DrLarsen:

What exactly do you mean when you say the tanks need to be bigger? Are you referring to AA OR TT tanks? The AA map boards will not support TT tanks as they are too large to fit in most of the small land territories. Some of your TT tanks might work on large maps like ILs 1939 map or on the Tide of Iron map tiles. (Or Memior 44)

• Customizer

@Table:

They have them up now.

@reloader-1:

When do you think Fairplay will have them in stock?

COOL!  Thank you.  I just went in and placed my order for three sets.  Looking forward to getting them.

• Some of your TT tanks might work on large maps like ILs 1939 map

Only the small ones… as heavy tanks. The others are totally incompatible. They don’t even work in The War Game.

The detail of these tanks makes them only suitable for AA. If Jacks reaching for the hardcore wargame audience, they will complain even worse than us because they are totally committed to accuracy.

If they cant paint them to look just like the models they already have they will be a no go. These pieces are game pieces with low detail. That will suffice for AA except for the size. So the bottom line is make them smaller because the larger tanks only reflect worse the level of detail and accuracy of the models.

Just make them for boardgames that don’t need alot of ‘accuracy’ like AA.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m