• @SAS:

bump so I can find it easier instead of having to look through previous pages.

Is it possible to have this stickied for reference when discussing the Europe 1940 map?

Bump

And I second the motion for stickiness.

• Question…after France falls will British and American naval units be allowed to enter the Med via Gibraltar? Now that Gibraltar is a strait…

• @mike:

Question…after France falls will British and American naval units be allowed to enter the Med via Gibraltar? Now that Gibraltar is a strait…

why does this question keep comming up? nothing happens after mainland France falls that would prohibit ship movment. Gibraltar is British tt, and as the area in question is referred to as the Straits of Gibralter, I would assume that in order to close this area you would need to control said tt. Therefore, after France falls, nothing should happen to allied access to the Med.

• The question comes up because the opposite side of the GIB straits is a French colony.

• Yes, this much I understand, but why would the fall of mainland france effect this? we know there will be no vichy rules, and to be entirely accurate, the other side was a Spanish colony in morocco, which will more then likely not be in the game.

• Wow – I think the Spanish might be a little upset that you gave Spanish Morocco to the French 

Look at a map of the Western Med.

• @Clyde85:

Yes, this much I understand, but why would the fall of mainland france effect this? we know there will be no vichy rules, and to be entirely accurate, the other side was a Spanish colony in morocco, which will more then likely not be in the game.

But I believe the map depicts it as French.

@reloader-1:

Wow – I think the Spanish might be a little upset that you gave Spanish Morocco to the French 

Look at a map of the Western Med.

Play on whatever you want to play on.
    Look at the map we’re discussing. Looks blue to me.

• hmm…

You sure? 8-)

untitled.JPG

• @reloader-1:

hmm…

You sure? 8-)

I meant blue on the jpg map.

But anyway, I’m looking at the map you’ve kindly provided…. hmm looks like France more than it does Spain to me.
    Are you sure?

Of course it’s hard to tell… do we even know if it’s considered straits in the rules?

• Larry has confirmed Bulgaria as pro-axis.

And I am pretty sure I see a convoy zone between Ireland and England.

And how could Greece not be pro-allied?

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Larry has confirmed Bulgaria as pro-axis.

And I am pretty sure I see a convoy zone between Ireland and England.

And how could Greece not be pro-allied?

Greece is pro ally. I’m 75 percent sure

• @Axisgirl:

They beat Italy. So they need to be Allied

Pro-Allied.

• Super crappy machine guns, at least in COD.

• Forgive me for interupting, but that dosnt have much to do with the map, or why allboxcars wants to give spanish morroco to France  :-D

• @i:

wicth one?

The original COD for PC. I hated the Sten, it was woefully inaccurate compared to the Thompson and didn’t have the fire rate of the Russian PPH.

• @cminke:

yey   you guys are geeks like me!

I said it before, were fans of a WWII strategy game that’s just makes you a bit more geeky (I’m big geek  :oops: )

• @Clyde85:

Forgive me for interupting, but that dosnt have much to do with the map…

Good point. We should return to topic (which is entirely unrelated to how a computer game portrays a SMG).

@Clyde85:

…or why allboxcars wants to give spanish morroco to France

Sadly, not a good point.
    I didn’t create the map with the blue territory which is what is generating the question re straits of GIB.
    Please try to follow the thread.

• allboxcars - from your last post I just realized why you were mistaken.

ignore any of the “maps” that are drawn in paint - those are just people trying to extrapolate territories from the grainy picture of the back of the box map we have.

• @reloader-1:

allboxcars - from your last post I just realized why you were mistaken.

ignore any of the “maps” that are drawn in paint - those are just people trying to extrapolate territories from the grainy picture of the back of the box map we have.

Umm actually I’m not “mistaken”.
    The question was why are people thinking the straits will be closed if France is captured.

As the question is posed in this thread which discusses the maps, I believe I am still correct in saying that it is indeed the way the map is coloured that is creating these questions.

If you have an alternative cause of these questions I’d be glad to read it.

However, at no time did I say that Morocco was French or that it would be in the actual game.

• No, thats is correct boxcars, you didnt say morroco was French, you did say it looked blue though, and unless another powers tt is blue besides the French one would have to conclude……

Anyway the question is why people are concerned the fall of mainland France would cause a clouser of the straits of Gibraltar. Larry has stated several times that there will be no Vichy rules, so blue Morroco, will still be considered Allied tt unless the Germans of Italians march troops in there and take it, which then, might, cause the straits to be closed.

Historically, even with Vichy France, the straits were never closed or were never even in that much danger of being closed. I suspect that in order for the axis to close the strait they will have to invade and capture Gibraltar itself. Not being able to discern to much specific detail from the pictures provided, I believe this to be the case because it makes the most sense, logicaly, from what we’ve been told so far about how these new rules will work

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m