• How about Radar: AAA defnd at two aircraft can attack subs w/o destroyer.
    replace mech infantry with Marines  non mech Infantry attack @ 2 during amphibious assaults can be combined with artillery.

• @allboxcars:

IMTO I think the techs that improve kit would be less unbalancing if they were new units rather than instant global upgrades.

So if you develop jet fighters then your ICs can start cranking out that ultra-awesome FMG fighter you’re dying to put on the board.

Otherwise, you’re still stuck with prop-driven air.

What does IMTO mean?

• @Funcioneta:

Only a poor player will fall against that. Wise players will prevent losing to a luck shoot

This all stems back to the original game which had heavy bomber technology, and I don’t care how good of a player you think you are, if your opponent got heavy bombers, you were done.

• Customizer

@Brain:

@Funcioneta:

Only a poor player will fall against that. Wise players will prevent losing to a luck shoot

This all stems back to the original game which had heavy bomber technology, and I don’t care how good of a player you think you are, if your opponent got heavy bombers, you were done.

not true,
    so long as it is not early in the game
    and so long as they do not have more than 1 or 2 bombers when they get this tech,
    and so long as you were not already losing,

you can still win….
    in fact, sometimes I find the players who get this tech suddenly buying too many bombers and not enough ground, then throwing their bombers away and being reckless.

i once won a game against a player who spent 5 ipcs every turn on tech, and 9 or 10 turns got a tech.  by the end of the game, he was missing only 2 techs.  and I still won.  he was making reckless moves, thinking that his tech had won him the game.

• So what you are saying is you can beat a reckless player. I think we can all say that.

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

What does IMTO mean?

In My Temporary Opinion  [read it while it lasts]…

Thanks for clearing that up. A lot of opinions around here are temporary.

• been there

• My opponent got HB and Super sub very early in the game. That said, if it weren’T of my luck, we would probably be dead by now. Oh yea, he is usa. Can you ask for better tech?

• I’d like to see a torpedo bombers something that would give first strike to tac bombers vs ships or
    even let them pick here target in sea combat

• @finnman:

I’d like to see a torpedo bombers something that would give first strike to tac bombers vs ships or

i dont think tropedo bomber would get first strike but maybe targeted attack. becase they had to dive down on ships and aim at they.

• Targeted attacks would be a nice rule, perhaps you would select your target and then attack at 1 less than your normal attack value.

• @i:

@finnman:

I’d like to see a torpedo bombers something that would give first strike to tac bombers vs ships or

i dont think tropedo bomber would get first strike but maybe targeted attack. becase they had to dive down on ships and aim at they.

good point

• @finnman:

@i:

@finnman:

good point

Okay, you think it is a good point, but what ideas do you have for a targeted attack rule.

• @Brain:

@finnman:

@i:

@finnman:

good point

Okay, you think it is a good point, but what ideas do you have for a targeted attack rule.

Just let tac bombers pick there target in see combat
    so they don’t need to start taking casualties on subs or destroyers and skip to the battle ships and cruisers
    if this to over powered then you could make only on first round of combat or only when attacking

• I think a targeted attack would be more difficult than hitting targets that present themselves which is why I believe a targeted attack should be allowed at a lesser attack value, and maybe we could blend your idea and say it could only be used on the first round.

• Advanced Bomb Sights - Your bombers and tactical bombers may select their target in combat on the roll of a “1” when they attack. Other sucessful hits are assigned by the defender as normal.

• @oztea:

Advanced Bomb Sights - Your bombers and tactical bombers may select their target in combat on the roll of a “1” when they attack. Other sucessful hits are assigned by the defender as normal.

This rule kind of gives you the best of both worlds. You’re not really taking a risk but you are rewarded if you are lucky enough to roll a 1. I am usually opposed to such rules. I believe there has to be some kind of a risk to be rewarded so highly.

• well its a tech……your risk is you dont get it. your reward is it is usefull
    none of the other techs involve a different kind of risk/reward, so i dont think i get your point.
    Advanced bomb sights could replace heavy bombers and Id think everyone could be happy.

Ammend it to:

Advanced Bomb Sights - Your bombers and tactical bombers may select their target in combat on the roll of a “1” when they attack. Other sucessful hits are assigned by the defender as normal. Bombers may reroll their die during strategic bombing, but must accept the 2nd result.

• I guess I just wasn’t thinking along the lines of tech. Sorry about that. I was thinking along the lines of just a standard rule.

• @Brain:

I guess I just wasn’t thinking along the lines of tech. Sorry about that. I was thinking along the lines of just a standard rule.

That would be kind of cool, and worth looking into for future a and a games. The attacker sometimes did choose it’s targets, so maybe a rule that if you rolled a hit, you rolled the dice again and if you get a one then you get to choose your hit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m