12L - '41 - Bold (allies +3) vs. Botider, -tech, +NO

• '12

that would have been 3/17 hits if you were rolling for fighters and bombers.  why doesn’t anyone ever roll that badly against me with 3’s and 4’s, i mean, it literally happens to me about every other day.   :?

• '12

@Botider:

aa fire is always a crapshoot… i remember a game i was playing last year that i had well in hand, until i got back-to-back aa fire that hit 3 out of 4 ftrs in the same territory, on consecutive turns. needless to say, i didn’t win. it happens… both ways.

can defenders help the cause?

it only happens one way for me, the negative way.  when i’m attacking i get everything shot down, and when i’m defending, i shoot down almost nothing.  i kid you not, i dare you to look back through my games.

• '12

why don’t you just pull off and keep this at least slightly sporting.  :|

• '12

i sonder if anyone plays low luck only with AA fire… that would make a lot of sense since it is SO important and can go so wildly in either direction.

• '12

yeah pull off.  then next round you can attack with all those aircraft again and maybe the aa will even out so the game doesn’t go completely off the rails…  8-)

• '12

or if you attack again, maybe you could roll 3/17 for the aircraft - that could also even things out in a hurry

• 2007 AAR League

:lol: … if we play again i am okay with making aa fire a low-luck roll. it can really swing a game, though it happens rarely (believe it or not).

9 inf, 4 rtl lost… 7 arm, 15 ftr, bmb retreat…

noncombat
    7 arm ind > bur
    15 ftr ind > sz35
    fleet sz37 > sz35

deployment
    inf > bur
    7 inf, ftr > japan

collect
    $35

Botider_vs_Bold_Cjap13.AAM

• 2007 AAR League

i left the bmbr in the ocean… put him in persia.

• '12

the funny thing is, i was just HOPING against HOPE that you would fly all those aircraft over AA just ONCE… so i could have a crack at em, and what do i get for it… a virtual goose egg…  :lol:  that’s boldfresh dice baby!~

• '12

i am so tired of getting hosed by dice.    :?

• '12

i just dare you to go and look at my last ten games and the
    dice i have faced.  you will be shocked.

• 2007 AAR League

actually, i doubt i would surprise me. but who knows…

we all play this game knowing it’s a dice game. i’ve played a lot of games where i’ve tracked the dice, and in about 95% of them the dice stay fairly even most of the time. of course, as you are well aware, the dice can be dead-on even, and one turn of fracked dice totally turns the game - an often does. i’ve played a few games where the dice were just awful for one side or the other the entire game, but my experience has been that over time the dice tend to run 1-2% under average - which is statistically insignificant. of course, that’s the TOTAL dice rolls, and doesn’t take into consideration how wildly a game can swing on a single roll that is way over or way under average, usually in a battle that doesn’t appear that important, but because of the swing in luck, ends up determining the outcome.

anyway, as for running the japanese planes at india, i know it won’t make you feel any better, but that was the plan all along. i was counting on losing at least 3, maybe 4. and that was acceptable for what i wanted to do, as long as i could hit at least 10 of those infantry. now, unless you get fabulously lucky against the japanese, it’s just a matter of time.

surrender offer on the table…

we can swap sides and start again at any time. or keep going if you want. i really think you had a slight lead until the oversight in england. that really turned the tables… it was a $60+ swap, and russia really couldn’t afford that to happen in europe.

• '12

i have no doubt the game was mine before giving you london.  the dice haven’t been off much this game, it was london that is the big difference.  but as i said, i knew your plan was always to run those fighters into india and i was glad - IF i could get the 3 or 4 fighters.  getting only 1 is a realy kick in the nuts when i need it the least.

• '12

not that anyone really needs a kick in the nuts, but we all hope that when it comes, it is one we can afford.  losing london gave me a very slim margin and the ballsack was especially fragile.  :lol:

• '12

UK13 - with 41 buys 3 inf, 4 des

CM

bur () - sbr with 2 bom (ind)

combat:

bur sbr dmg
    DiceRolls: 2@6; Total Hits: 22@6: (4, 5)

• '12

4 dmg to bur

NC

fic - ftr (ind), 2 bom (bur), inf, arm (z36)
    z50 - 2 sub (z36)
    z7 - 4 trn, des, cru, 3 acc, 3 ftr, 3 bat (z5)
    gbr - 5 inf, 2 art, arm (nwy)
    nwy - inf (fin)

place 3 inf (ind)
    place 4 des (z7)

collect 28, has 28

Botider_vs_Bold_Duk13.AAM

• 2007 AAR League

italy 13

purchase
    3 inf, 3 arm… spend $24, save $11

combat
    ind (7 inf, rtl, 14 arm)
    12 inf, 3 rtl per
    2 inf, arm bur
    4 arm cau
    arm tj
    2 inf, rtl tj via 2 trn sz15 > sz35
    ca, bb sz15 > sz35 for bombardment

• 2007 AAR League

ind
    attackers…
    12 inf @ 1, 4 inf/4 rtl @ 2, 6 arm/ca @ 3, bb @ 4
    DiceRolls: 12@1 8@2 7@3 1@4; Total Hits: 812@1: (3, 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2, 2, 5, 6)8@2: (6, 2, 4, 4, 6, 1, 2, 2)7@3: (4, 4, 4, 1, 1, 4, 2)1@4: (3)

call casualties…

• '12

only russian arm left

• '12

guess i’m not gonna catch my makeup call…  :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m