G40 Whitmann (AXIS) VS. JamesAleman (ALLIES)

• Rnd1
    ALG: (DEF: 2INF+1ARM+1TAC+2FHT)
    ALB->ALG: 1INF+1ARM
    SIT->ALG: 1RTL TOB+1INF
    SIT->ALG: 1ARM NIT+1INF
    SIT->ALG: 1FHT

ATK:
    DiceRolls: 2@1 2@2 3@3; Total Hits: 02@1: (4, 4)2@2: (6, 5)3@3: (4, 6, 5)

DEF:
    DiceRolls: 2@2 2@3 2@4; Total Hits: 32@2: (5, 5)2@3: (3, 6)2@4: (2, 3)

• Rnd2
    ALG: (DEF: 2INF+1ARM+1TAC+2FHT)
    ALB->ALG: 1INF+1ARM
    SIT->ALG: 1RTL TOB+1INF
    SIT->ALG: 1ARM NIT+1INF
    SIT->ALG: 1FHT

ATK:
    DiceRolls: 1@2 3@3; Total Hits: 11@2: (4)3@3: (3, 5, 4)

DEF:
    DiceRolls: 2@2 2@3 2@4; Total Hits: 22@2: (5, 5)2@3: (4, 1)2@4: (6, 4)

• On that note I really do concede the game…

I have rolled just about the worst imaginable scenario in every important battle I have touched this game!  I see absolutely no chance that at this point I could still win.  You showed fantastic sportsmanship thus far, allowing a reroll in AMU however given the reroll went nearly a poorly as the first time and my Italian move, which granted is much less certain on the dice has completely blown up.  I concede and best of luck to you in the rest of the tournament.

Cheers, Whitmann

• I am sorry about this. I must admit, I have never been luckier in an axis game. I feel for you, as I’ve been down that poor dice road before (although, not as bad). When the dust settles, I hope we can have a friendly rematch.

As you can see, since Germany did not take France and they lost 2 air units, I was planning on loading two french units onto the UK transport, which would bring up to 4 additional units into UK if you did not at least try to stop me. Clearing Algeria would have permitted the German airforce to destroy the fleet off of Gibraltar. (On a side note, I had this occur to me and I failed to clear Tunisia. France counter attacked my surviving Italian tank with 2 inf (Mor+Tun) and won, thus preventing the fleet assault.) You however, did attack Tunisia and that would have made any counter attack of Algeria unlikely. Your move was a good one, and had a great chance of success.

Unless the German fleet moved to block my access, UK is going to get 4(or 3 if you hit in the final round) more land units, and that could have delayed a successful sea lion until round 4 or later.

I understand your frustration and wish to play you again,

James

• I guess I’ll just send Jen a PM to report the outcome of this match?

I’ll do my best to win this tourney for you!  :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Game over.

JamesAleman proceeds to Round 2 Winner’s Circuit.
    Whitmann proceeds to Round 2 Redemption Circuit.

• Thanks again, Whitmann

Would one of you two upload a “completed” map? I’d like to post the finished game map for others to do their intelligence.  Sort of even out the playing field a little between those that have time to scour the boards researching their opponents and those who would do it if someone compiled the data for them.

• I reconstructed this combat move map from written instructions:

01hItaly_G40_Whitmann(Axis)_vs_JamesAleman(Allies).AAM

• Here is the final map, shows results of those battles completed and most of the battle of Algeria.

The game ended during the conduct combat phase, not all battles were completed or resolved.

Hope that helps,
    James

01hItaly_G40_Whitmann(Axis)_vs_JamesAleman(Allies).AAM

Thank you James.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m