• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

some closeups

priest-3.JPG
    stuart-5.JPG
    mack-3.JPG

• Coach, these pre-production examples. They look great.  1 question, is the barrel on the Stuart just a little bit to long?  I am really looking forward to purchasing your creations. Cheers

@WARRIOR888:

Coach, these pre-production examples. They look great.  1 question, is the barrel on the Stuart just a little bit to long?  I am really looking forward to purchasing your creations. Cheers

Yes it is,
    I have not marked up the tanks yet, but I will shorten the barrel.
    It is a good sculpt but I think they are off in size, 3mm too long.
    I will look at it and make adjustments.
    Thanks

• Airborne looks awesome.  I’m more excited about this US set than any of the others.  Can’t wait.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Coach, you’ve outdone yourself my man! These are all fantastic. I know it’s dumb to get excited about the truck, but I love that thing! And the planes are great. You may need to go back and have the guy up his game on the Corsair. I think these are better than the other planes that were first done.

• @Variable:

Coach, you’ve outdone yourself my man! These are all fantastic. I know it’s dumb to get excited about the truck, but I love that thing! And the planes are great. You may need to go back and have the guy up his game on the Corsair. I think these are better than the other planes that were first done.

What Corsair?  Clockwise from 11 o’clock, that’s a B-25 Mitchel, a C-47 Skytrain, a TBF Avenger, a P51 Mustang, and judging from the wings, A P40 Tomahawk/Kittyhawk.  Admittedly, the P40 engine cowling isn’t narrow enough, but there’s no Corsair there.

@kcdzim:

@Variable:

What Corsair?  Clockwise from 11 o’clock, that’s a B-25 Mitchel, a C-47 Skytrain, a TBF Avenger, a P51 Mustang, and judging from the wings, A P40 Tomahawk/Kittyhawk.  Admittedly, the P40 engine cowling isn’t narrow enough, but there’s no Corsair there.

Corsair is in my Marine set, and yes, P-40 is too wide!
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Battle-Pieces_c_14.html

• @coachofmany:

New revisions, but I am still not done

The Stuart barrel is way to big, I think … But … Awesome work HBG

@12doze12:

@coachofmany:

please be aware that none of my revisions have been made.

• @coachofmany:

@12doze12:

@coachofmany:

please be aware that none of my revisions have been made.

OK, looking forward for the final result

• They look great. We need Larry to add heavy armour and mechanized artillery. That would be sweet.

• Customizer

@12doze12:

I think it will be easy enough to cut the length of the barrel down some, but the thickness will be really hard to make it as skinny as the Stuart’s barrel was (37mm), in comparison to heavier tanks with bigger guns, at this small scale.  Go too thin and it becomes too easily broken.
    Look at the OOB Matildas for UK and ANZAC.  Their barrels are kind of short and thick.  They look almost as big in thickness as the Shermans, which had 75mm guns.  The Matilda II only had a 40 mm gun, which you know would look much skinnier in barrel thickness, but would also probably be very easily broken too. 
    I’m afraid in some cases we are going to have to deal with a little historical innaccuracy due to the small scale of the pieces.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@GoSanchez6:

They look great. We need Larry to add heavy armour and mechanized artillery. That would be sweet.

We don’t need Larry for that. We have each other  :-D

• TripleA '12

I agree with knp7765 in both his observation and sentiment, regarding the Stuart’s gun barrel.

• id rather it be a little inaccurate than it  being easy to break

• Customizer

Remember the older style OOB Panthers?  They were a little longer and skinnier than the current ones.  Some of the later-made ones came out with good, thick gun barrels that easily withstood being played with.  Some of the earlier-made versions had really thin gun barrels and were always getting bent to one side or the other.  I still come across them occasionally when I get some lot of pieces from someone selling off their games or game parts on eBay.

• I realy like the truck and the tank!
    Hey coach waht about a P47 Thunderbolt?

@crusaderiv:

I realy like the truck and the tank!
    Hey coach waht about a P47 Thunderbolt?

Maybe in the next mould!

• Hey coach…do you have the idea to release UK units?
    I need some UK airplanes. ( I used 1/700 but there’s not a big choice for Royal air force).
    What about the following?
    Bomber = Handley page halifax.
    Light bomber = Mosquito
    Fighter = Hawker Tempest and/or Hurricane.

AL

• Customizer

@crusaderiv:

Hey coach…do you have the idea to release UK units?
    I need some UK airplanes. ( I used 1/700 but there’s not a big choice for Royal air force).
    What about the following?
    Bomber = Handley page halifax.
    Light bomber = Mosquito
    Fighter = Hawker Tempest and/or Hurricane.

AL

The OOB UK Bomber is the Halifax.  Perhaps the Lancaster for a different sculpt.  Also, the OOB Tac Bomber is the Mosquito.  There was another Handley Page 2-engine medium bomber but I can’t remember the name off hand.  Hawker Typhoon might be a good choice for a new Tac Bomber.  I do like your ideas for new fighters.
    FMG might come out with some of these when they do their British sets.  I think HBG wants to see what FMG does and come out with something different.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m