• Just post here when it’s done!!  Looking forward to it.

Sea zones are printed on the whole map, now, right?

• No, they don’t, at least in Europe. I find letters printed annoying when mixed with the units. It’s better having them higligted in the toolbar (one of the reasons why I prefer short names for territories)

Anyway, it’s very easy custom your own map with paint (the ‘map.bmp’ file). Such printings can be modified/added without changing the compatibility of the module

• Full version is released! Please, read the full readme included (at least the 1.0 version stuff). Download the file, and then unzip F40.gim folder to your AABattlemap folder. Start a game selecting ‘Axis and Allies: Global 1940’. Old savegames still work, but you must update the new diplomatic and optionals charts, and also convert french boats to Indian boats painted in blue if you want the french do convoy raids. The file is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fqzralqgw3v49l4

Please, tell me if you find some error

• Yeah!!  I have it 3 minutes after release!  :-D

• Note that I’ll not fix all the graphics at least until Alpha setup is official. I’m pretty exhausted now and out of time. Enjoy!  :lol:

• Looking forward to fixed graphics, yes, but thanks for this.  Big improvement.

Let’s all give it up for Func!!!

This will help me immensely, playing several games at once.

By the way, when things slow down a little for me I’m going to ask you to play another game with me.

• Umm, there is a major problem with that map. The territories and sea zones are mislabled. For example, Z89 is called Greenland, West Germany is called USA NO, and Moscow is called Mozambique, for example.

BTW, you have 2 rows of French ships. Do both cause convoy raids?

• And that problem means that, since Finland is labeled ANZAC NO, Germany gets +3 if it has Finland.

• BTW, func, Alberta borders CUS

• @calvinhobbesliker:

calvin, read, Read, READ, and go back and reread.

Funcioneta’s already stated in reply #112 and #115 for the answer to your question.

• @BadSpeller:

@calvinhobbesliker:

calvin, read, Read, READ, and go back and reread.

Funcioneta’s already stated in reply #112 and #115 for the answer to your question.

Neither of them really answers the question. They both say Indian ships are now blue so French can raid convoys

• Hmm, I am having the same issue as Calvin on my computer.  When I downloaded it earlier today on a different computer, I didn’t notice this problem (all zones and territories are wrong on Europe Board).  It must have been right on that computer, because the convoys worked.  But on this one, everything’s completely off (UK is the Jap NO for Hawaii, for example).

What is causing this?  I just over-wrote my F40 folder in my Battlemap directory.

• Mine seems to be fine.

However, I did delete the old F40.gim file; and then copy paste the new one to the list.

• @BadSpeller:

Mine seems to be fine.

However, I did delete the old F40.gim file; and then copy paste the new one to the list.

I reinstalled it and it still didn’t work…

• Not sure what ACME wall option is for. With it on, I can still put chinese units outside china

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Not sure what ACME wall option is for. With it on, I can still put chinese units outside china

Calvin, it’s so the player remembers what options they’re playing with.  So if the box has the China symbol, it’s OOB China can’t leave China rules.  If it’s empty, you’re playing with Func’s favorite house rule that Chinamen can roam the world and the flying tigers can pounce on Japanese transports.

ACME wall is Func’s pet peeve.  He did the module, so he gets to leave his signature on it.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Not sure what ACME wall option is for. With it on, I can still put chinese units outside china

Calvin, it’s so the player remembers what options they’re playing with.  So if the box has the China symbol, it’s OOB China can’t leave China rules.  If it’s empty, you’re playing with Func’s favorite house rule that Chinamen can roam the world and the flying tigers can pounce on Japanese transports.

ACME wall is Func’s pet peeve.  He did the module, so he gets to leave his signature on it.

I see.

• Mine is fine.  Looking foward to more updates.  thanks Func :-)

• I checked the issues noticed by calvin:

• The optional boxes are only reminders. However, the diplomatic boxes are important if you want to use the auto-convoy feature

• Territories and SZs are not mismatched (double checked). I guess that is a problem of instalation: you should delete the old F40.gim folder totally and only then install the new one

• Gamerman is right with the ACME wall (including the pet peeve status  :lol: ). Observe that the default is always the OOB rules (ON in this case). If you don’t want chinamen out of China, Burma and Hong Kong, simply don’t delete the marker, but, in any case, it’s just a reminder

• The french ships and the convoy system: AABattlemap seems to have a limitation on the number of power that can do and suffer autocalculated convoy raids (asked to and confirmed by Stoney, who did the tutorial). That limit is 8. China (the 9th power) is not a problem for obvious reasons, but France, the 10th, can be a issue because usually at least the Madagascar dd survives and potentially even the Mediterranean fleet could have a chance. If you want auto-calculated convoy raids work, you must mark the proper France-vs-axis power at war box, and use the blue boats included in the 5th/dummy/India row (it’s ‘row’ the word?). The setup starting french fleet is indeed based in those boats. This will allow France do convoy raids. However, in the rare case that Paris is liberated and can collect income before the end of the game, France is NOT going to suffer convoy damage, so you MUST calculate it manually. Finally, if you don’t want auto-calculated convoy raids, simply 1) delete the optional marker, 2) use non-national markers for the diplomatic chart (I advise using pro-axis or pro-allies markers) and 3) delete the fake french boats and use normal french boats of the 10th row

• @calvinhobbesliker:

BTW, func, Alberta borders CUS

It doesn’t border. Krieg said this in the FAQs thread

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m