Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• FMG’s big marketing gig is quality plastic.

whatever color they choose, I don’t think it will be just copies of existing units.

• @cminke:

any one have any pics of the pieces??
    :? :? :? :-D :-( :-) :-D

My friend… A little bit of searching would have shown you thread that is two below this called “FMG Pieces Project”

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13894.0

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

Yes, but what color should Canada be (yellow-green, green-yellow, light blue?)?  Should India be a separate color (tan [in between UK and ANZAC light and dark tan], yellow, black)? 
    Spain?
    Turkey? (black?)
    Or should all neutrals be white?

No India seperate color, no Canada, no Spain, no Turkey, and I would like :

Axis Neutrals = Light Grey
    Allies Neutrals = Light Brown

• '10

@Brain:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

Yes, but what color should Canada be (yellow-green, green-yellow, light blue?)?  Should India be a separate color (tan [in between UK and ANZAC light and dark tan], yellow, black)? 
    Spain?
    Turkey? (black?)
    Or should all neutrals be white?

No India seperate color, no Canada, no Spain, no Turkey, and I would like :

Axis Neutrals = Light Grey
    Allies Neutrals = Light Brown

These are good ideas should we be able to do the Neutrals in the future!

• Canada had how many troops in WWII? The British Empire is already represented with UK/ ANZAC / India, and Canadian Roundels.

Other than rah-rahing your own particular country, what major impact would adding Canada as a country provide to Axis & Allies? It would break up the UK’s power even more, (a country that can sorely afford that), and strengthen the Axis.

Or are you suggesting we break up the Axis to include the Germans, Italians, Romanians, Hungarians, etc?

Look, I love Canada as much as anyone else does, and they did provide a lot of support in WWII and WWI, but they are definitely not a major power.

And no, I am not mentally insane.

• Btw, Cminke, I am not opposed to using different colored pieces for units built in Canada - they would add a little “flavour” to the game, and you could see Canada’s impact in the different fronts (Pacific, Atlantic). They would, however, not be any different than British units and move along with the UK units.

See, I’m not too insane!  :-)

• @reloader-1:

Btw, Cminke, I am not opposed to using different colored pieces for units built in Canada - they would add a little “flavour” to the game, and you could see Canada’s impact in the different fronts (Pacific, Atlantic). They would, however, not be any different than British units and move along with the UK units.

See, I’m not too insane!  :-)

But, I am. :-o 
    I am okay with different molds, I guess, but I don’t want any more powers added to the game.
    If this makes me insane so be it, I am brain damaged, as you know.

• Don’t get me wrong, I love variety in plastic miniatures. But, we must remember that we are not only loosely replicating the fighting forces at the time, but also the economy to field such forces. If the major powers keep getting divided into increasingly smaller subsets, then none of the subsets will ever have income to field enough units to carry on the war.

Just my two-cents on the subject….

• For all you people who want more than Italy, Japan, Germany, USSR, UK, USA, China and France, you had better buy some Italians when they come out because if they don’t sell, I don’t think that we will get anything more. Tell all your friends, get the word out. Buy FMG Italian pieces in mass quantities.

• x40000 to what Brain Damaged said - plunk down as much as possible for the Italian pieces - if we all plunked down for $100 worth of pieces, FMG could have the capital necessary to produce as many addt’l sets as you like (assuming “all” of us is at least 500 or so people  :-))

• Ι am sorry but it is difficult to search over 80 pages so if it is already answered please forgive me: These miniatures are hard plastic like A&A games, or soft like Warlords of Europe?

As for the proposal of Turkey for release? Yeah, right after Sweden and Switzerland, you can make Turkey, Peru and Vatican City armies :lol: They fought so hard during WWII it would be a pity not to be represented. :-D

• @cminke:

yes u are :-D. and i dident say that i wanted them included in the axis and allies europe game :-P.  i just stated that thay wolud be a kick A** power is they were to be included in any major way :evil:. 8-)

i aggre that they would break up britans income to much and not allow for enogh units to keep germany away from london :-(, but they would still be kick A**. :evil: 8-)

I would love canada to be represented in the game but not as a major power. All I want is for Canadian IPCs be spent in the Quebec Factory. Just split income in Europe. In fact this is how I will play the game  when it comes out. :mrgreen:

• I am not FMG, but I can pretty much guarantee they will be hard plastic like A&A - otherwise detail in the pieces would pretty much be impossible to see!

Guys, lets be honest about Canada - even making a couple pieces would cost a few thousand dollars, and really you would end up with the exact same UK/India/ANZAC pieces.

As powers in Axis & Allies, we already have:

Russia
    Germany
    UK
    India
    ANZAC
    Japan
    China
    US
    Italy
    France

That is a HUGE investment, in terms of money and time to make pieces. If FMG makes all those, and they sell out succesfully (a big if!), then maybe additional countries could be made. However, if new units will be made, most probably it should be a neutral set, with a pro-axis and a pro-allied neutrals and they would probably include some “cast-off” or “early-war” units, such as Panzer II’s for Spain/Portugal etc, and T-26’s for Mongolia/Turkey etc.

After those have been made, perhaps FMG can make some pieces for Canada - there are a couple ways they could do this, one is by selecting a few pieces from the UK/US selections and just molding them in different colors, or they could make a couple unique land pieces and mold those in a new color. In any case, I do think it will make sense for FMG to do a “Canadian” unique infantry eventually - but much patience will be necessary!

• To be honest, Cminke, I have no affiliation with FMG other than being a great fan of his company, and of the work that he is doing.

I am not sure how expensive it is to mold the same units in new colors - it might be a reasonable amount, but only FMG would know. However, making sculpts, and then making molds out of the sculpts, and finally molding plastic units in large quantities, requires a lot of money.

I know FMG will do everything possible to accommodate us in all of our requests.

• Different colors is not a problem as long as you are using the same mold. Plastic is cheap. It is the mold that costs money and they are not cheap especially if you have detailed pieces, which is what they are making.

• '10

Only pictures of Italy have been released

• Does anyone have any house rules for these commander units, blockhouses, and Army HQs?

I’ve had a few ideas of what i wanted to do with these.

Mechanized Infantry (the half tracks)
    cost 5
    Attack 2( 3 when paired with artillery)
    Defense 2
    Move 2
    May blitz like a tank

Motorized Infantry (trucks)
    Cost 4
    Attack 1 (2 when paired with artillery)
    Defense 2
    Move 2
    May increase the move of an infantry division by 1
    May blitz like a tank

Pillbox/Blockhouse
    Cost 20
    Attack 0
    Defense 3
    Move 0
    Increases the defensive value of all infantry in the province to 3.
    Limit of 6 of these may be built. If you don’t lose your fortress as a casualty before the final round of combat and you lose the battle, then the fortress will be captured by the occupiers of the province. They will then gain the benefits of the fortress.

commander  units -
    Cost 15 ipcs
    attack 1
    defense 1
    move 2
    Raises the attack or defensive rating of one type of unit by 1 for the duration of a battle. The effects can stack with the fortresses. So, for example, commander Chukov could make Russian infantry defend at a 4 in the fortress city of Stalingrad.

Army HQ
    Cost 20 ipcs
    attack 1
    Defense 1
    move 1
    Raises the attack or defense rating of a single type of unit by one for one battle in the HQ’s province or any adjacent land province.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@dannyboy2016:

Does anyone have any house rules for these commander units, blockhouses, and Army HQs?

I’ve had a few ideas of what i wanted to do with these.

Mechanized Infantry (the half tracks)
    cost 5
    Attack 2( 3 when paired with artillery)
    Defense 2
    Move 2
    May blitz like a tank

Motorized Infantry (trucks)
    Cost 4
    Attack 1 (2 when paired with artillery)
    Defense 2
    Move 2
    May increase the move of an infantry division by 1
    May blitz like a tank

Pillbox/Blockhouse
    Cost 20
    Attack 0
    Defense 3
    Move 0
    Increases the defensive value of all infantry in the province to 3.
    Limit of 6 of these may be built. If you don’t lose your fortress as a casualty before the final round of combat and you lose the battle, then the fortress will be captured by the occupiers of the province. They will then gain the benefits of the fortress.

commander  units -
    Cost 15 ipcs
    attack 1
    defense 1
    move 2
    Raises the attack or defensive rating of one type of unit by 1 for the duration of a battle. The effects can stack with the fortresses. So, for example, commander Chukov could make Russian infantry defend at a 4 in the fortress city of Stalingrad.

Army HQ
    Cost 20 ipcs
    attack 1
    Defense 1
    move 1
    Raises the attack or defense rating of a single type of unit by one for one battle in the HQ’s province or any adjacent land province.

Why would the Hq cost more than the commander and have less ability?

• '10

Does anyone have any house rules for these commander units, blockhouses, and Army HQs?

Why would the Hq cost more than the commander and have less ability?

Go to the House Rules Thread, Stay on Topic

• Back on the colors idea:

Canada: Tan (b/c UK is light tan and ANZAC is dark tan)

India: Maroon

*Philippines: Dark green (I think it would be cool to have a Filipino Scout unit)

For the neutrals, I think there might be too many to have a color for each, but…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m