• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@chuckcarey:

I just orderd aap40…. why after reading all these emails I now don’t feel very good about it :x

You should feel just fine about it. It’s still a great game and the map and rules alone are worth owning. Like the others have said, there are a few QC issues that need resolution but if you own any of the other games, especially AA50, you can solve many of them yourself.

• @Variable:

@chuckcarey:

I just orderd aap40…. why after reading all these emails I now don’t feel very good about it :x

You should feel just fine about it. It’s still a great game and the map and rules alone are worth owning. Like the others have said, there are a few QC issues that need resolution but if you own any of the other games, especially AA50, you can solve many of them yourself.

DITTO what Variable said

• @allboxcars:

@skinny1:

Why do I keep getting bad karma on here? For speaking negatively about a reality? Do I have to call everyone a chimp to stay in good graces?

Well I think some people use karma rather benignly as a “vote” button indicating they wouldn’t do what you did, adopt your house rule or accept your interpretation of X. Sort of a “don’t count me in for that, thanks”.

Of course others do it because you dare to disagree with them after they spent half their lives one year making house rules and then constructing a shrine to them. So -1 for being a heretic.

And still more use it just to say “I think you’re an @$$” and other ad hominem expressions at random times just to rack up karma against you as if it actually meant anything. They probably kick puppies too.

(BTW I was at -22 when I wrote this, I’m sure it will drop this afternoon.)

Personally, I think anyone who has more +karma than Kreighund is suspect.

And I’m sure there should be a similar observation to be made about suspiciously high levels of -karma but I am far, far too lazy to look for a benchmark.

Either way, karma’s too vague of a gesture to spend too much time looking at.

At least as of right now i am batting .500. Someone is liking my disapproval with the game company. or someone feels sorry for me.  :?

• +1 TO YOU SIR…NOW U R ABOVE THE MENDOZA LINE…

• '10

@RJL518:

+1 TO YOU SIR…NOW U R ABOVE THE MENDOZA LINE…

I thought the Mendoza line was .200

• i know…i just wanted to make the man feel specia :-D

• @skinny1:

Any one want to buy some used Axis and Allies games? I have all but 1942. I am done with WotC and will not buy another game from that company.

If you are serious email me about your AA50 game

• @RJL518:

i know…i just wanted to make the man feel specia :-D

Thanks. I appreciate that.

@trackmagic:

@skinny1:

Any one want to buy some used Axis and Allies games? I have all but 1942. I am done with WotC and will not buy another game from that company.

If you are serious email me about your AA50 game

I would but my wife said that I have to keep them because I would regret getting rid of them. So for now I am keeping it.

• Shes probably right. If you read this forum you are probably pretty into Axis and Allies. Even if you are upset with WOTC.

• Karma  - I don’t even know how it works…

I’d prefer people telling me why the gave me good/bad karma too…

• @Richter:

Karma  - I don’t even know how it works…

I’d prefer people telling me why the gave me good/bad karma too…

well…i just gave u +1 to you…just becuz u are the Baron

• @trackmagic:

Shes probably right. If you read this forum you are probably pretty into Axis and Allies. Even if you are upset with WOTC.

I was pretty mad when I saw that others were getting extra Jap tac bombers and I was turned down again. Since then I have cooled down and re-read the post about Larry saying that the issue is being looked into and to have patience. I couldn’t imagine going down stairs and not having an Axis and Allies game set up to strategize over when we resume play. I usually have to wait until Saturday nights to play a couple of rounds and it would be really bad to not have one to play. I regret saying that I would sell them just because of WotC. I even thought about having the Axis & Allies that is printed on the AA50 map tattooed on the bottom side of my forearms with the country markers under the appropriate label. If the wife would let me do that I would be a happy camper.  :-D

• Thats gonna be one big tattoo… :-D

• Wait until A&A Europe 1940 comes out.  Then you can have pacific map on one arm and the europe map on the other!

• @valthonis:

Wait until A&A Europe 1940 comes out.  Then you can have pacific map on one arm and the europe map on the other!

I don’t have Popeye arms.  :-D  Just the name Axis & Allies as it appears on the AA50 map.

• Hi,

I received my 6 Japanese  Tac Bombers this Monday in the mail.

I had to send about six essays to WOTC to get them, but it was worth it.

I tried to be as nice as possible……while pointing out every mistake included in the game. I basically said they never listen to their fan base and ignore the requests from their biggest customers.

I wrote a 3 page long letter to this effect. And mentioned that Europe had better come with the right number of pieces and have some one run spell check on the box.

I think I just got the peices because I was sending them at least one email a day.

Bug them enough and they may just listen…if you are lucky, maybe…

• I had an old World at War (unauthorized) expansion that started the game at 1939. Included were small sized industrial centers that are perfect for the level 3 industrial centers. I just use the older industrial centers for the level 10’s.

Would have been nice to have such things included in a “cadillac-priced” game.

• I was surprised to see a big yellow envelope in my mailbox yesterday and thought maybe WotC came through. Then I turned it over and saw it was an HDMI cable I ordered last week.

:roll:

• I have only sent off 3 emails so far, and still the same answer. I will prabably try what you did Stockus13  and write an essay to WOTC.

• I’m not sure if it would make a difference with WotC, but I’ve had a problem with <popular electronics=“” store=“”>before (basically saying X product would be available on Tuesday in limited numbers, only to arrive on Tuesday morning and being told it sold out on Monday).

It wasn’t a huge deal, it was a PC game that came on a single dvd versus 6 cds, but I was annoyed at the lie/misleading nature of the advertisement.

Anyways, my point is I sent multiple emails to their customer service and kept getting nowhere. 
    Finally I just wrote a physical letter to their complaint department, I stated my concerns and frustrations clearly.  I didn’t think much of it, but then about 3 weeks later I got a letter back apologizing for the situation and a gift card in the amount of the game.  Sure I still got stuck with the 6 cds instead of the single dvd, but at that point I at least felt the company did care and wanted to make some amends.

I plan on sending a physical letter to WotC, might not get anywhere, but the small change to send it is worth the chance.</popular>

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m