• Hey, I play occasionally with my friends, and from what we read in the rules, then it seems like a unit can not be loaded and unloaded on the same turn, but from reading these forums, it seems like they can, so did we misunderstand the rules or did I misread the topics in here? :)

• @Darksel:

Hey, I play occasionally with my friends, and from what we read in the rules, then it seems like a unit can not be loaded and unloaded on the same turn, but from reading these forums, it seems like they can, so did we misunderstand the rules or did I misread the topics in here? :)

A transport can be loaded and unloaded on the same turn, if you perform both actions either during the combat move phase OR the non-combat move phase. For instance, if you load a transport during combat move but forget to offload it or the transport is forced to retreat, then you wouldn’t be able to offload the units during non-combat.

The same way, you cannot load 2 units into a transport and offload 1 during combat and the other during non-combat.

• Hey all, thought I’d bump this instead of making a new thread.

I have the same issue as OP here.  I’ve played with my friends about ten times, and every one is convinced that loading/unloading is explicitly prohibited by the rules.

Were there two versions of the rules for this edition? Are the rules commonly held among this forum any different than the rules that came with the board?

Also, since my friend, not I, owns the board, I can’t access that book as of right now.  If this is laid out in the rules, can someone maybe give a detailed legal opinion involving this (i.e page number, interpretation, quoting)?

Thanks all

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Welcome to the forum!

It’s explained on page 31 of the rule book. If you don’t have the rule book, check this thread for a download: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16910

The rules say: “Loading onto and/or offloading from a transport counts as a land unit’s entire move [….]”
    Not the “and/or”: the land unit may load and offload in one move, but it may also choose to load, and offload at a later time.

Also: “A transport can load cargo in friendly sea zones before, during, and after it moves. A transport can pick up cargo, move one sea zone, pick up more cargo, move one more sea zone, and offload the cargo at the end of its movement […]”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m