• If a customer drops down $90 for a game and is unhappy and what will make him happy is an additional 9 cents worth of plastic, then customer service should be more than happy to give it to them, but they are going to let their pride get in the way.

• agreed.  there is no reason that every single person who calls or emails shouldn’t get a complete japanese refill.  It would shut us up.  I for one would be saying how great WOTC’s customer service is.  I wouldn’t care about typo’s and the cardboard as much, because they did their best to make me happy.

but they can’t even read our emails.  they cut and paste their reply and move along.  you have to call them, and “call them” on their BS.    I supposedly have 4 Tac Bombers coming just to stop me from calling them.  We’ll see.  If I don’t have them Friday, the calls begin again.

• @MaherC:

nope, not saying that at all.  I’m saying that people have been doing what you did to get extra pieces, when they got the 6 they were supposed to get.

YOU are well within your right to get more pieces if you only got 4 Tacs in your set.  That BLOWS!

Some people have been getting extra pieces and some haven’t in this thread, leaving many people wondering if they just weren’t lucky or if they weren’t saying the right thing.

Ok, that’s fine, I didn’t want any misunderstandings  :-) I could see how that would be an easy “tactic” for some to do, and I agree with you that that would be plain wrong – and could make it so I get zip!  :cry: lol

• don’t worry about making anyone upset, I’ve been on the forums for all of about a month and everyone hates me, but they still answer my questions :)

• Cant they sell some lot on ebay?
    Cant any dude able to mold, mold us some tac and sell them?
    Sure i can pay 5 bucks to get them!  I would even buy mech.

• I actually had to call them because I was missing some Chinese, odd I know, it’s being taken care of, but I haven’t seen them yet.  I was told it can take up to 2 weeks to process the request before they get mailed out.  Which yesterday was the 2 week mark.

Anyone else have similar experience with these time frames?

• what did you say to them?

• Nothing much, I skipped email all together and just called them up on the phone.
    Explained that I only received 5 chinese infantry and couldn’t even start the game as I was missing so many.

It was only chinese infantry, they apologized for the problem, asked for my address and such and told me they would process it and send out replacements.  Before I hung up they also mentioned to me, I didn’t bring it up, that there was a problem with the battleboard and new ones were being made.  They put me on the list for it.

I called back last week as I hadn’t seen the parts yet, but then informed me it can take up to 2 weeks to process the request before it ships, so monday was 2 weeks, so if I don’t see anything by friday I’m planning to call again.

• I have access to a kit for making lead musketballs.  Now I need a tacbomber mold.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@valthonis:

Nothing much, I skipped email all together and just called them up on the phone.
    Explained that I only received 5 chinese infantry and couldn’t even start the game as I was missing so many.

It was only chinese infantry, they apologized for the problem, asked for my address and such and told me they would process it and send out replacements.  Before I hung up they also mentioned to me, I didn’t bring it up, that there was a problem with the battleboard and new ones were being made.  They put me on the list for it.

I called back last week as I hadn’t seen the parts yet, but then informed me it can take up to 2 weeks to process the request before it ships, so monday was 2 weeks, so if I don’t see anything by friday I’m planning to call again.

I have always received replacements from WOTC when they said they were on the way. It may be the fine folks at the US Post Office…

• friday will be day 14 for me.  we’ll see.

• I’m greatly interesting in Pacific 1940 but with this thread I don’t see myself getting it anytime soon. Has WotC said anything about a ‘fixed’ version being sent out to stores that I have missed? And if so when will that be?

• Honestly there has only been one person who has said their copy is unplayable (getting 2 copies of the same 1/2 of the map…which you can check easily enough if you buy it at your local hobby store and open it in house)

Odds are you will get the 6 tac bombers they intended.  It is enough to set the game up and play with, just a pain at times.

The rule changes can be found on this forum.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for a re-release.

• Well, I called customer service to complain about the TAC bomber shortage.

Again, nothing the grunt on the phone could do about it except pass the feedback on. He admitted mine was not the first complaint, lol.

Told him a lot of third parties had already corrected their mistakes: I already printed out correct Battleboard, correct Set up sheets, etc…(In large part due to this website)

Related that the games I hosted at my home all had one thing in common: Japan has a shortage of Tactical Bomber pieces on turn 1. Ridiculous that they expect players to improvise pieces on turn one. How could this not have been caught during play-testing?

Praised the game overall but was disappointed in the production and editing problems for a premium-priced game.

Told him that I knew about their correct battlestrip offer.
    I said keep the battlestrip, keep any correct set up sheets, keep the corrected rulebook. Those issues I was able to resolve on my own.

Just send me 6 additional TAC bombers for Japan and I’m a happy customer.

Was planning to buy the Europe1940 game but NOT before I received additional TAC bombers for Japan.

I received a reference number and I followed up with an email quoting the reference number in the subject line (thought it would be more likely to be opened and read.)

Squeaky wheel, gang. Everyone needs to complain multiple times.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Van_Trump:

Squeaky wheel, gang. Everyone needs to complain multiple times.

I think that’s the answer too. I have had to email WOTC regarding P40, AA50, GC, and DD. I wasn’t the first on any of them. Strength in numbers on this one.

• Agreed, complaints in numbers always works!  :)
    But when possible I think people really need to call.  Email is great and easy, but from a customer service point of view, it’s harder to ignore the person on the phone than to send a simple canned email response back.

I called back last night to check the status as it has been over 2 weeks for me and my missing chinamen, got confirmation that it has shipped, so at least that’s a plus.

• This may sound crazy, but I have a sure fire solution for the tac bomber shortage that is pretty easy to pull off and doesn’t involve WoC at all.

Go to a local hobby shop that sells ship models and pick yourself up a set of 1/700 scale aircraft for aircraft carriers and some spray paint cans of the different colors. A company called Trumpeter makes a bunch of different WW II and pre-war dive bombers, torpedo bombers and other types and they usually come in an 18 aircraft box. A few other companies make them as well. If you don’t have a good local shop, they can be found online at several hobby retailers.

I’ve been doing this since I was a kid along with having mech infantry using GHQ 1/285 half tracks. To say we modified the game a bit over the years is an understatement. :-D

• Good idea, is there japan tactical bomber?

• @Boyardee:

Good idea, is there japan tactical bomber?

Actually, you can get Val’s, Kates and various other Japanese carrier borne bombers from a few of the Japanese model makers - Hasegawa, Tamiya and Fujimi - all make IJN carrier aircraft sets.

Here is a link to one of the sets from a place I buy from: http://www.pacificfront.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_35&products_id=218

And another: http://www.pacificfront.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_35&products_id=79

They also have some German sets, a little more expensive though:

http://www.pacificfront.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_35&products_id=372

http://www.pacificfront.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_35&products_id=374

They have British and American sets as well. Not much in the way of Russian stuff, only modern jets really.

• the point being, we shouldn’t have to supplement their game…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m