• Last game, I had to split my tac Bomber between 6 attack, plus i had two other stayin in place on ground and on sea at caroline island…  Not only was i missing tac bombers, but i discoverd one was lost in an earlier game!
    DAMN!

• I played another game last night. I ran out of tacky bombers AND mechanized infantry. I used ANZAC TB and UK MI to make up the difference. Hopefully we’ll at least be able to buy more pieces from someone down the road. I also ran out of grey chips and refuse to cannibalize my A&A2004. Instead, I used a roll of dimes.

Question… The battlestrip shows an attack value of 1 for Aircraft Carriers, which is typical for A&A. The map shows no value. If the map read 0, I would conclude the strip is just wrong again, but it just doesn’t read anything. I’ve done some searching in here and not found any hits, so I was wondering if anyone happens to know their attack value, if any?

• The strip is wrong,
    You can ask for an accurate one at WOTC customer service.

• Call the number on the back of your instruction manual for that. They’ll send you a correct one in Feb when they’re available.

• I made a phone call to customer service and was given the cold shoulder on extra Japanese Tactical Bombers and Mechanized Infantry.

I even offered to purchase extras.  He said that there weren’t any available for me to buy, either.

So there you have it.

(In other news, I keep reading about “Karma” and “+1.”  What does this mean?)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Dr.:

Nothing anymore. Ignore it.

• @Variable:

@Dr.:

Nothing anymore. Ignore it.

Was that something that used to be part of this forum, but doesn’t exist any more? I’ve seen people talk about it in very recent posts, and I also was wondering.

It very recently is no longer part of the forums.

• @Variable:

It very recently is no longer part of the forums.

Thanks for clarifying. Okay on the topic of the thread here’s the e-mail I sent to WotC.

To whom it may concern,

First of all let me say I’ve been a long time fan of Wizards of the Coast. I’ve spent a few hundred dollars, on Magic cards, and spent countless hours playing in the past, I own about 50 Forgotten Realms books, and I’ve read through a few of the manuals for Dungeons and Dragons. I also bought Axis and Allies Spring 1942 edition and loved it. I loved it so much that I went and bought the 1940 Pacific edition since I read it could be combined with the 1940 Europe edition when released. I was wary about paying such a high price but had faith in the product having read such great stuff on previous titles, and having such a great experience with one myself. When I opened the box I thought the board looked great, and that the seperate boxes were a welcome edition. I was a bit disappointed with how flimsy the battle board was but was able to accept that fully. When I discovered that the battle strip was the same as the 1942 edition and not for this one I was glad to find that those could be replaced and am already on the list to get a correct one. Some of the rules didn’t make sense to me, and I was baffled at how many errors were already found in the rules. I understand that some things are going to be wrong and accept that but the sheer number of things is just crazy to me. http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16070 There is the website which shows the still unfinished errata. I don’t have access to a printer, nor do I want to pay the library per page or write down all of this by pen and paper. Is there any way those of us that already bought the game can get an updated version of the rulebook. I also understand that the setup has a few minor errors for the US, and ANZAC. How likely would it be to get replacement box tops, or at the very least two stickers with the correct set up for us to put on our boxes. Then I went to set up the game based on the correct set up and noticed that there only only 6 Tac Bombers and Mech Infantry units per power. UK and ANZAC I can kind of understand that for, and even maybe US, but Japan? You need to use almost all of the Tac Bombers in setup. I understand that you’re not going to give 1 unit type per territory per power, but 6 just seems a little short to me. The rules do say to write the unit on a piece of paper, but I don’t feel I should have to do that just because I want 7 or 8 territories with Mech, or Tac Bombers in them. I understand there’s production costs to consider, but there’s also the $90 price tag that those of us also have to consider. For that kind of money, I don’t think it’s too much to request the correct information. Once again I understand mistakes WILL happen, but I just don’t understand how this many mistakes could happen so soon. I originally planned on buying 1940 Europe, but first I need to know what the folks of WotC are doing for those of us fans who’ve supported your products through the years, and even those who are new to your products to keep us wanting to buy from you. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I anxiously await your resonse.        -Mike-

• I got my response. I can tell it’s a cut and paste answer because it tells me how to get a new battle strip in Feb, (which I said I already am getting in the e-mail) and said nothing about the other concerns about the massive errata. It says they have no new Tac Bombers to send much like they did to most other people.

• when they send you a cut and paste reply, and obviously don’t pay attention to anything in your email, call them and say you have a problem w/a reply.  They will ask for a ref #.  Give it to them.  Let them read it.  Then say, So do was my message even read?  Worked for me.

• @MaherC:

when they send you a cut and paste reply, and obviously don’t pay attention to anything in your email, call them and say you have a problem w/a reply.  They will ask for a ref #.  Give it to them.   Let them read it.  Then say, So do was my message even read?  Worked for me.

What’d they end up doing for you?

• let you know when I actually see the items promised in the mail :)

• So I called, and the guy read my e-mail. The guy on the phone said he was sorry and that it’s right it didn’t seem that my e-mail wasn’t read and he understood why I would be upset about my response. He didn’t do much pretty much put a note on my account and told me to send a reply e-mail bringing up how the concerns in my e-mail weren’t actually addressed. He said that they stand by the amount of pieces in the set, and that behind his desk he’s pretty much powerless to do anything.

He must have lost the last game of Magic…

• @Mino1124:

So I called, and the guy read my e-mail. The guy on the phone said he was sorry and that it’s right it didn’t seem that my e-mail wasn’t read and he understood why I would be upset about my response. He didn’t do much pretty much put a note on my account and told me to send a reply e-mail bringing up how the concerns in my e-mail weren’t actually addressed. He said that they stand by the amount of pieces in the set, and that behind his desk he’s pretty much powerless to do anything.

Tell him you want to talk to the person who has the power.

• agree, should have said “get up from your desk then tubby”

• Customizer

@Variable:

He must have lost the last game of Magic…

Silly Planeswalkers….

• Official Q&A

@Craig:

MaherC on January 25, 2010, 12:45:18 pm

Krieghund on January 22, 2010, 12:24:13 pm
    Playtesters never test the final product.  Once it’s final, it’s a little too late for testing.  Once the game design is finalized, it’s up to the editors to make sure that nothing changes during the translation from prototype to final product.  There are many steps in which mistakes can be made.

Kreig you seem to be a decent guy, but I declare shenanigans on what you say here regarding the map itself.   Are you saying the map you played on had the lines for the sea zones correct?  That the names on the board were spelled correctly?   That the setup didn’t have misspellings?     How about the rule regarding IPC values for Maj ICs?  No one caught the issue in Australia?   Or the rule about IC’s on an island?  No one caught NZ?

I will let Krieghund answer these specific questions himself, but I will say that in working on AA50 and then AAE 40/AA40 Global, he is right in saying these issues (or the vast majority) are coming from the WotC side of the equation.

I am not saying that at all.  I cannot and will not comment on where in the process any particular error occurred.  My point was simply that there are many points in the process in which they may occur, and certain parts of the process may be beyond the control of any specific individual.  That being said, game design and production is a team effort, and we are all collectively responsible for the final product.  Anyone outside the process cannot possibly know which individual or individuals are to blame for any given error, and I’m not about to point fingers.

• My I add my 2Cents:

Without Krieghund we would NOT have consistend errata and answers to rule questions. But we still would have faulty product.

Thanks to “Dog of War”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m