• How are you scoring commies vs. demos?

Communist Losses:

S.Korea, Turkey, Greece, Ukraine, Hungary, Moldova, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czechoslovokia, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Taiwan, Russia, Kazakstan, Georgia, Armenia, Chile, Venezuela, Turkeministan, Azerbajin, Spain, Germany, Romania, Congo, Mongolia, Belorussia, Nicaragua.

Communist Victories:

China, N.Korea, Cuba, Vietnam

How are the commies winning?

• Communism, is, for now, loosing. But i think it’s inevitable, it’s a step we’ll have to pass someday; just imagine, it’s pure utopy; everyone has equal power (money), the perfect harmony of a society, it would not encourage competition, avidity, not those who are polluting to make better profit. Even if you don’t believe it will work, i think it’s still a noble goal, with strong will we can achieve communism, but i do not believe in the communist revolution, anyway not in the sence of Marx.

About Cuba, it’s a pretty great victory, they’re doing very well even with the santion by the USA, i’m not saying Castro is clean, but at least not as currupted as Bastista. And Chile failed because of the USA, the CIA does not seem to embrace Democracy when America risk to loose money.

• @FinsterniS:

Communism, is, for now, loosing. But i think it’s inevitable, it’s a step we’ll have to pass someday; just imagine, it’s pure utopy; everyone has equal power (money), the perfect harmony of a society, it would not encourage competition, avidity, not those who are polluting to make better profit. Even if you don’t believe it will work, i think it’s still a noble goal, with strong will we can achieve communism, but i do not believe in the communist revolution, anyway not in the sence of Marx.

About Cuba, it’s a pretty great victory, they’re doing very well even with the santion by the USA, i’m not saying Castro is clean, but at least not as currupted as Bastista. And Chile failed because of the USA, the CIA does not seem to embrace Democracy when America risk to loose money.

what a joke.
    equal power? just because everyone has equal amounts of one currency (money) does not mean that’s something we should work towards (i see examples of this every day), nor does it mean that its an equal society for everyone as different currencies will arise and the “ruling classes” will be defined by some other currency.
    Competition and profit, like many other things can be excellent motivators or they can work against society. I’m a very competitive person, and i am working towards many profits - monetary, life experience, wisdom, etc.
    And i think there are many Cubans who would quickly disagree with your assessment.

• just because everyone has equal amounts of one currency (money) does not mean that’s something we should work towards (i see examples of this every day), nor does it mean that its an equal society for everyone as different currencies will arise and the “ruling classes” will be defined by some other currency.

A pure communist society works without money. It is only that the people each have equal opportunities without economic inequality.

Competition and profit, like many other things can be excellent motivators or they can work against society. I’m a very competitive person, and i am working towards many profits - monetary, life experience, wisdom, etc.

There is still competition, though it works more under Associative Competition. For an example of this, look at the Liberty Shipbuilding yards during WWII.

And i think there are many Cubans who would quickly disagree with your assessment.

And I don’t think many Cubans live in a Communist Society… :-?

Communism, is, for now, loosing.

I’m not so sure about that… :-?

i do not believe in the communist revolution, anyway not in the sence of Marx.

Marx believed in different kinds of communist revolution…

About Cuba, it’s a pretty great victory, they’re doing very well even with the santion by the USA, i’m not saying Castro is clean, but at least not as currupted as Bastista.

Underneath Cuba is not doing so well. It is very difficult for communism to operate within one country. Also much political censorship exist in Cuba. :-?

• what a joke.
    equal power? just because everyone has equal amounts of one currency (money) does not mean that’s something we should work towards (i see examples of this every day), nor does it mean that its an equal society for everyone as different currencies will arise and the “ruling classes” will be defined by some other currency.

It’s still very close, money is power to buy, and in very capitalistic soceity, it’s power to have better lawyer, better medicare, better live, better education. It’s not only injustice, it’s antisocial, the rich have better right.

If we could live in a society without competition (it’s not for now), we could maybe live peacefully, without destroying our neibourg. Also Cuba is the best victory of communism for now, it’s not very big, “great” is exagerated, but it’s still better than North Korea and than China, if we can call china a communist country anymore. Anyway, like i find, communism is loosing for now, it’s more in the mind of intellectuals than in pratice.

Marx believed in different kinds of communist revolution…

Marc firmly believe that one day, the proletarians will revolt. In his context he was right but we are not living in the same world as he did.

A pure communist society works without money. It is only that the people each have equal opportunities without economic inequality.

We are far from the last state of communism…

I really wonder how well cuba could be without the US embargo…

• Marc firmly believe that one day, the proletarians will revolt. In his context he was right but we are not living in the same world as he did.

Marx also strongly believed in countries where democracy was strong, there would be no need to revolt…

We are far from the last state of communism…

Capitalism has not yet exhausted its productive efforts.

I really wonder how well cuba could be without the US embargo…

Jimmy Carter may not have been a great president, but he ranks among one of the best, most active past-presidents. You could learn a thing or two about him.

• Jimmy Carter may not have been a great president, but he ranks among one of the best, most active past-presidents. You could learn a thing or two about him.

I obviously don’t know much about all your president, but i always thought Carter was one of the best.

About Marx and Democracy, i know he said something like “democracy is the road to communism” or something like that, but 1; he did not believe in the current (in his time) democracy, 2; he thought revolution was inevitable in lots of situation. I don’t want to bash against Marx, the guy is admirable, as Engels, the context was not the same as it is now.

• @FinsterniS:

what a joke.

It’s still very close, money is power to buy, and in very capitalistic soceity, it’s power to have better lawyer, better medicare, better live, better education. It’s not only injustice, it’s antisocial, the rich have better right…

maybe some rich people have “earned” better rightts. Or is “to earn” an evil infinitive in Europe? Certainly those who have inherited and stolen money are not amoung those (but in a communist society people will obtain power through similar nepotistic/criminal means too) who may be described as earning something, however for the rest of us, i like the idea of working to earn stuff, and those who won’t work well many (not all - the disabled etc.) have made their bed, they may now lie in it. It’s amazing - getting accosted downtown for change 2 blocks from the “Manpower” offices where people can earn $100/day . . . lazy!

If we could live in a society without competition (it’s not for now), we could maybe live peacefully, without destroying our neibourg. Also Cuba is the best victory of communism for now, it’s not very big, “great” is exagerated, but it’s still better than North Korea and than China, if we can call china a communist country anymore. Anyway, like i find, communism is loosing for now, it’s more in the mind of intellectuals than in pratice.

In a capitalist environment i compete against other people all the time. In industry i competed against other reps, other companies. In medical school i compete for cherished residency spots in nice cities with the rest of the Canadian medical student population. Should not the best candidate for that plastics spot get it? Why should i, if i’m not willing wot work for it? Without copmetition all you have is an arbitrary sorting of the brain surgeons from the “monkey workers” (i.e. people who do monkey work). Which do you want working on your brain? For me, i don’t just want some doctor doing operations on my brain, I want THE BEST - the one who worked harder than everyone else, who learned more. Competition - it worked for evolution, it can work in society.

• 1; he did not believe in the current (in his time) democracy,

The current form of democracy was not democracy, only the dictatorship of the wealthy. But I do remember, around 1850(?), he had strong anti-democracy feelings, but soon realized that the democratic way to communism would be much better than the revolt of the workers.

but i always thought Carter was one of the best.

Being president for him was something a little too much to handle. Still a great man, but not all great men make good presidents.

• @yourbuttocks:

How are you scoring commies vs. demos?

by wars or civil wars.
    So, i could add all the countries that dropped into the USSRs sphere of influence during and after WW2, and the three uprisings that were beaten down in them.

• @cystic:

maybe some rich people have “earned” better rightts. Or is “to earn” an evil infinitive in Europe?

Not necessarily :)…. but it’s just so hard to tell wether someone earned or stole :), esp. when you look at the big coorporations and their bosses… they claim they earn, but obviously steal ;).

Certainly those who have inherited and stolen money are not amoung those (but in a communist society people will obtain power through similar nepotistic/criminal means too) who may be described as earning something, …

Well, in a communist society, there would be neither need nor desire to become criminal :).

however for the rest of us, i like the idea of working to earn stuff, and those who won’t work well many (not all - the disabled etc.) have made their bed, they may now lie in it.

Would be the same in a communist society. But there of course, you want to work for the better of all, a different kind of motivation than working for the better of you. You can have competition in that, but it will be fair and just competition, without trying to gain power/influence/prestige on the cost of others, but just by what you have achieved working.

In a capitalist environment i compete against other people all the time. In industry i competed against other reps, other companies. In medical school i compete for cherished residency spots in nice cities with the rest of the Canadian medical student population. Should not the best candidate for that plastics spot get it? Why should i, if i’m not willing wot work for it?

You shouldn’t, of course.
    … and you don’t try to make yourself look better on the cost of others, do you?

Without copmetition all you have is an arbitrary sorting of the brain surgeons from the “monkey workers” (i.e. people who do monkey work). Which do you want working on your brain? For me, i don’t just want some doctor doing operations on my brain, I want THE BEST - the one who worked harder than everyone else, who learned more. Competition - it worked for evolution, it can work in society.

It can work for society…. unfortunately, in nature “cheating” is detected and punished. You can’t “pretend” to an advantage in the competition in nature. You can in society though, or why else do we need commercials, marketing and all that. You can cheat your way through human society, claim things for yourself you’ve never done etc… I have heard a small story, of someone giving a talk about some research he did: whenever he was involved in the work in the lab he said “i found”, “i did”, “i saw”… whenever he was not involved, he siad “we saw”, “we did”, “we found”…
    that’s what i call cheating, and it is commonplace in this society!

• yea well back on topic i think we should all get Hearts of Iron and play each other one day :) it would be quite interesting ^_^

• We call that having a social conscience, i’m of the “advantaged”, because i am making high studies, but this does’nt justify that i will have better rights, it would be arrogant and injustified, i don’t want better treatments, better lawyer, that would be more like parasitism. I don’t consider i am an higher being or more important than a commercant or a cook, i am not working harder, and even if i am we have to consider the “whole”, not only the parts, i just had the potential to make to the university, so what, i should be considered an higher citizen, with better rights ? Don’t you have a social conscience, or you only think about yourself ? And how will you make your money, who will pay for that ?

For me, i don’t just want some doctor doing operations on my brain, I want THE BEST - the one who worked harder than everyone else, who learned more.

What’s that, if not egoism ?

Competition - it worked for evolution, it can work in society.

Sorry but this is not that simple. You found like a social Darwinist. With this rethoric you can justify war and holocaust. War is armed competition between states, and it’s the product of competition. Also i find it funny, that someone from a religion like chritianism, who does’nt believe human are animal, believe we are working like “animals”, even i, that believe we, humans, are animals, don’t believe we have to work exactly like most of them, because like Engels said, our hands and our conscience give us more choice, like ants and other beings we are marginal.

• too . . . much . . . misguided . . . ridiculousness . . . .
    too . . . little . . . time . . . must . . . sleep more . . . .

• by wars or civil wars.
    So, i could add all the countries that dropped into the USSRs sphere of influence during and after WW2, and the three uprisings that were beaten down in them.

You can judge and review wars and victories all you want but the only one that matters is the next one…

Well, in a communist society, there would be neither need nor desire to become criminal

You can help to reduce crime in a communist society but you can never fully eliminate it. :)

• @TG:

Well, in a communist society, there would be neither need nor desire to become criminal

You can help to reduce crime in a communist society but you can never fully eliminate it. :)

i think i’d be working on smuggling a better life for myself.

• If that’s how you want to live your life. :)

• @cystic:

@TG:

i think i’d be working on smuggling a better life for myself.

Hmmm, Fin already mentioned that:
    Is that christian behavior?

• btw:

I’ve got HoI….

whoooooooooowhoooooooowhoooo

it rocks ! It just rocks. Rocks rocks rocks!!!

• Heh… lucky you. Some are still too poor to afford it. :(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m