• Just wondering if anyone else skips the battle board ?

Our typical plan was to just put the attacking units and defending units within the territory or touching the border of the territory and then roll for unit attacks/defenses lowest numbers first and remove casualties after the defender has rolled.

example
    attacker has 4 inf, 2 armor, 1 fighter
    defender has 3 inf, 1 armor, 1 fighter

attacker rolls 4 dice at 1, 3 dice at 3 and we keep the count by using the success dice as markers.
    defender rolls 3 dice at 2, 1 at 3 and 1 at 4.
    pick out the desired casualties , remove pieces, start again.

when the units just won’t fit correctly in a smaller space, we would just count them from the territory they originated from and any surviving units that retreated would stay in the territory they came from.

Thanks!
    d

• in my table top test of Anniversary edition, which I just got, i have only needed the battleboard a few times, when units greater than 10 on attack and defense.
    It’s interesting how bad dice rolls can doom a larger attack force and reshape the game drastically. In this game the dominant countries have each had a really bad turn of dice rolls change their fate. Another thing for dice is the technology rolls, so far, only 1 country has one and many many IPUs were spent trying to get them, which also affected the games early stages for Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m