Invitational Classic 2nd edition

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Gentlemen, I am glad we can make this happen! :-) Thank you all for joining!

This will be a league-style tournament with everyone playing everyone twice, once with the Allies and once with the Axis.

The agreed upon rules are finally as follows:

• Russia is not allowed to attack in round 1
    • no technology
    • Economic victory for the Axis if they have 84 or more IPCs after the US-turn

As there is no even number of players, there will be one player free of play, each “match day”. In case you are bored, feel free to already play the following match day, if your opponent is ready to do so,

It looks like the whole tournament is a match Germany against the US, with elche and Martin being from Germany :-)

Please let us have the loser of each game post the result in this thread here, and I can update the results and the ranking table. You can find the game plan and the results and ranking table here:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=120069D2430781F6!846&authkey=!AJaivysx6pBsGhQ

Players with the same number of points share the same ranking, except if the direct competition shows a 1-0 or 2-0.

As Classic is not as lengthy as 1940 Global, I propose to bump after 2 days (or a give a heads-up before a longer absence).

Get in touch with your opponent and set-up these epic battles!

Let’s get ready to rumble - good luck and much fun to everyone!!

• @Martin

So, I cannot access the file. Issues with my Microsoft account.

• Hi there,

I paste the look of the table below.

Nice meeting you - and glad that you on board! It looks like we play already in round one with you playing the Axis. Let me know your dice email address, and I can set-up and launch the game, tomorrow.

Classic.jpg

• @Martin

Hello, thank you for posting this so I can see. Looking forward to the games.

• Me too! :-)

I do not use DropBox - that’s why I used OneDrive. Let’s see - if the issue remains, I could try to use an alternative.

It is 1:20am in Germany - I will go to bed soon and can set-up our game, tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Martin

• @Martin @elche @Ragnell804 @dawgoneit

Without knowing the experience levels of each of you in playing this version and to avoid any surprises, here is a list of non-intuitive “differences” when playing Classic compared to something like G40 or 1942. I bolded what I feel is the most critical of the bunch (at the bottom):

1. “Stack” restriction – Players are restricted in the number of “stacks” they can create by the number of pieces that came in the original game. “Chipping” remains unrestricted. (Page 7, middle column)

2) Column Rolling – In ALL combats, dice are rolled by individual column from lowest to highest. Casualties are applied BEFORE rolling the next column’s attack. (Page 18) This cannot be done through TripleA so we have to ignore this one.

1. During the COMBAT MOVEMENT PHASE, aircraft flying over a territory containing an enemy AA gun are fired upon as they fly over, even if they don’t end movement in that territory. (Page 13, right column)

2. *Newly purchased naval units are not allowed to be placed in sea zones containing enemy naval units. (Page 21, middle column)

3. If their original carrier was sunk, defending fighters may ONLY land on an island/island group or carrier in the same sea zone. Failure to do so results in elimination. (Page 15, left column)

4. Armor MAY “blitz” through a territory containing an AA gun or Industrial Complex. (Rules Clarification, last page, middle column)
      a. AA guns still shoot at aircraft flying over their territory even after having been “blitzed” in this fashon. (Page 5, left column “combat is considered simultaneous”)

5. The Suez Canal can only be utilized if both Anglo-Egypt Sudan and Syria/Iraq are controlled by your side at the BEGINNING of your turn. (axisandallies.org, “the intent was always for the Suez to mimic the Panama Canal rules” -krieghund)

8) During amphibious assaults, no units AT ALL are allowed to retreat (this includes air units). Amphibious assaults are a “fight to the death” as per the Rules Clarification and the official FAQ. In my experience, the game affect of this is to make amphibious assaults against Germany by the western allies very risky.

*optional rule on page 31 removes this restriction

• Awesome, thank you very much! I already became a victim of not knowing #8 a few months back, LOL.

I do not understand #1 though. What is the difference between stacking and chipping? Could you kindly explain this in different words? The first part reads to me as if the numbers of total units is restricted globally, and the second part reads like the opposite.

• @Martin Yep, here is a quote from the official FAQ: https://axisallies.com/rules/axis-allies-rules-classic-2nd-edition-faqs.pdf

Q. Can I have more stacks of bombers (or battleships, or whatever) than there are bomber
    pieces? If so, how would I mark them?

A. Marking them isn’t a problem, because you can’t have them in the first place. The number of playing pieces is a limit on how many forces can be in play. No one, for example, can have more than three bomber forces, or more than two carrier groups. The only exception to this absolute limit is chips; if you run out of chips you can use anything else as a substitute: pennies, beads, slips of paper, or whatever works for your game. Note that this applies throughout the entire turn. A stack of six bombers can’t split up into more than three groups when they fly out to attack.

• @Martin The stack limit for each power is the following (out of box pieces for each power):

(15) Infantry
    (10) Tanks
    (10) Fighters
    (3) Bombers
    (6) Transports
    (6) Submarines
    (3) Battleships
    (2) Aircraft Carriers

• That was super helpful - and new to me. And I guess the same goes for Dawg and elche. Thank you very much!

• @Martin too late for me to join? lol

• @kwaspek104 thank you for asking. Sorry, but we kept this one at 5 players to keep the total number of game realistic, with everyone playing everyone twice…

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@Ragnell804 @The_Good_Captain Dear both,

I have a quick rule question. I thought I was sneaky, doing a strategic bombing before conquering that territory same turn, but this leads to an error message. Can you please advise if it is still possible? If bombing raid comes first, this should be possible. Thank you :-)

bomb1.jpg
    bomb2.jpg

• @Martin yes, you can do this move. The error is likely appearing as this is the only version of Axis and Allies where infrastructure doesn’t prevent blitz. My recommendations is to go to the “Game” tab at the top and then select “roll dice”. Roll 1d6. You both will get the result. Edit out the IPC that were bombed.

• Great - thank you very much for your quick help!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

I didn’t know that there is a dice option within TripleA. But finally I prefer the command line within the forum, as my dice roll did not appear in the summary, and I also did not receive any dice email.

• @Martin said in Invitational Classic 2nd edition:

I didn’t know that there is a dice option within TripleA. But finally I prefer the command line within the forum, as my dice roll did not appear in the summary, and I also did not receive any dice email.

Are you sure you were hooked up to the server? Otherwise, you can always check the “show history” tab under game. If you were hooked up to the server and you can see the result in the history tab, my recommendation is to proceed with this result - sometimes there is a delay in the MARTI sending the dice result and sometimes MARTI will go to your junk mail folder for no reason so be sure to check your Spam box.

• Normally yes, and nothing in the spam folder. I receive all other dice emails through.

As the need for extra dice is really rare, I can live with the command line in the forum. But thank you!

• @Martin

Is it possible to get an updated screenshot of the current standings?

I still cant get into your file on onedrive.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m