• Long time A&A player, first time Revised player.

Rule book states BB takes 2 hits to destroy.  First hit, lay on its side.  If it survives battle, replace on board in upright position.

Does this indicate that it is “repaired” automatically if it survives battle after taking one hit?

i.e.  German BB attacked by US takes one hit.  Russia attacks next attempting to finish it off - how many hits does it take to sink it?

• Yes.  BB’s automatically repair after battle if not sunk.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Though, many have made house rules that dBattleships are repaired not at the end of the battle, but at the start of the next round.  This simulates the time needed to actually repair it and simulates simultanoius attacks by allied nations on battleships.  Not to mention, it’s just more fun if a submarine can damage it and another from a foreign nation comes to sink it.  gives subs a chance to actually do something other then look pretty.

• 2007 AAR League

And some people I’ve talked to have made it a rule that BBs repair only in a SZ that borders an IC…

• I think that rule is a carry over from one of the other versions of A&A (Europe, Pacific, etc.)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Adonai:

And some people I’ve talked to have made it a rule that BBs repair only in a SZ that borders an IC…

Isn’t that how it is in World at War (1939 Version with France and China?)

I liked that one too, but it resulted in battleships camping friendly industrial complexes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m