• So I have  recently ( meaning 1 year ago) started a gaming group. First we played AA revised in June 2009, then August, then December. For christmas I got AA42 and played that in January. Then I had an idea: we started playing every other month, switching out with Settlers of Catan. Recently I began a quest to get the 1940s. With a schedule in mind:
    January: Settlers Of Catan
    February: AAP40
    March:AA42
    April:AAE40
    May:**
    June: AAG40
    Repeat…
    With this, I have free open summer Or winter break for the big, 7 player game (the core of the group is 5 people with 1 close friend and 1 other friend). Now My Issue:
    ** is a game which does not exist, Ideally there would be a sixth game, (non AA-related) with 5-6 players, that requires strategy and keeps players interested. However I have no where to start. Here are my thoughts:
    Carcassone

Puerto Rico
    Dominion
    Your thoughts?

• Dominion is great. I have the base game, Intrigue, and Alchemy with plans to get Seaside and Prosperity. I have Catan as well but have not played Carcossone or Puerto Rico. Get Catan: Seafarers if you do not have that yet. My family has had a good time playing that expansion.

• Probably the best strategy game that requires you to “know” your opponents, if you can still find it is Samurai Swords/Shogun.

Puerto Rico is one of those rare beauties of a game that you have to try!

GG

• '10

@JamesAleman:

Probably the best strategy game that requires you to “know” your opponents, if you can still find it is Samurai Swords/Shogun.

One of the BEST games ever…  if you can still find it.

• How about Diplomacy?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@JamesAleman:

Probably the best strategy game that requires you to “know” your opponents, if you can still find it is Samurai Swords/Shogun.

One of the BEST games ever…  if you can still find it.

I just got rid of my copy not too long ago along with my old copy of the MB game Conquest of the Empire.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m