• I am just gonna through this strategy out there and see what people think. I am new to this board so I am not sure if it has been discussed before so I apologize in advance.

Germany’s main problem (in my opinion) against Russia is the lack of infantry and amount of territories between G Factory and the Russian front. Germany players I have played against rarely buy infantry mainly because it takes to long to get them in the battle against Russia. My strategy is as follows. G1 might be familiar but, Ill find out soon.

G1 buys 3 tanks and one bomber. Save 4 dollars for R&D next turn.

Opening attacks:
    Germany’s major goal is to take Karelia. To do this use 2 infantry from Finland, 3 fighter, 1 bomber, ((1 infantry from Germany, 1 tank from Poland) Transport) Germany has an 89% of winning.

Other territories to take are Baltic States and East Poland. Use Chech tanks for Baltic and Poland units for East Poland.

Sea Battles: Use 2 subs and 1 fighter against British  battleship and transport. (might get away with 2 subs but this is a must win battle) Cruiser and sub in SeaZone 5 to take out British cruiser.

Other: If you feel your artillery can take out E Poland then send extra tank to Ukraine and capture it.

G2
    If all above was successful you should have 35 ipc (37 w/Ukraine). Purchase 4 tanks and one factory. with saved money and 2 ipc from Urkraine but R&D or an extra tank.

If Karelia was lost to Russia focus on taking that back again by using transport if it survived.

By this time I either start strategic bombing UK or use bombers to help take out Egypt.

land fighters in Poland and make sure it is protected during Russia’s turn (possible from British transport).

What this does is that it allows Germany to place infantry and or tanks closer the Russian front. With Poland and Karelia pumping out units it is easier to defend and launch attack from.

Also Germany should constantly strategic bomb Russia (Britain only if Japan is having a tough time). Germany’s units should be focused on Russia. The defence of France should be left to Italy.

Eager to hear any thoughts on this approach.

• @Dracnum:

Germany’s main problem (in my opinion) against Russia is the lack of infantry and amount of territories between G Factory and the Russian front.
    ….
    G1 buys 3 tanks and one bomber. Save 4 dollars for R&D next turn.

G2
    Purchase 4 tanks and one factory. with saved money and 2 ipc from Urkraine but R&D or an extra tank.

Odd how your purchases in the first two round do not include any inf (Germany’s main problem, as you put it)

My suggestion is to read through the strategy threads here and look for discussions about German IC buys.  There’s several threads out there.

• during G3 i would buy infantry and place in karelia and Poland. They get to Russia at about the same time as if i bought them in G1. The infantry in Polandand karelia are closer know and can be used as fodder and defense sooner then if I moved them from Germany.

• @Dracnum:

during G3 i would buy infantry and place in karelia and Poland. They get to Russia at about the same time as if i bought them in G1. The infantry in Polandand karelia are closer know and can be used as fodder and defense sooner then if I moved them from Germany.

You might think that, but instead of buying a 15 IC for Poland, I can buy 5 inf that same turn.  Then I would have 2 MORE inf in the same location(Poland) the next turn as opposed to 3 inf placed via the next turns buy.

As you will find in other threads about German IC purchases, try a G1 IC buy in Bulgaria.  Now you ARE talking about 1 territory closer to russia.

• @axis_roll:

@Dracnum:

during G3 i would buy infantry and place in karelia and Poland. They get to Russia at about the same time as if i bought them in G1. The infantry in Polandand karelia are closer know and can be used as fodder and defense sooner then if I moved them from Germany.

You might think that, but instead of buying a 15 IC for Poland, I can buy 5 inf that same turn.  Then I would have 2 MORE inf in the same location(Poland) the next turn as opposed to 3 inf placed via the next turns buy.

As you will find in other threads about German IC purchases, try a G1 IC buy in Bulgaria.  Now you ARE talking about 1 territory closer to russia.

You mean Romania?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@axis_roll:

…, try a G1 IC buy in Bulgaria.

You mean Romania?

It is labelled as both Bulgaria/Romania
    Similiar to Czech/Hungary

• @axis_roll:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@axis_roll:

…, try a G1 IC buy in Bulgaria.

You mean Romania?