• @idk_iam_swiss:

and no attacking women and children is not dishonerable. they contribute to the war effort too! and shooting EVERYthing gives you a crazy reputation which gives you a psychological advantage in future battles.

I take it you are a big fan of the japanese the aztecs the nazis and vlad the impaler?  If not where are we drawing the line?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

I would have to agree with Imperious…Sherman was the best. and no attacking women and children is not dishonerable. they contribute to the war effort too! and shooting EVERYthing gives you a crazy reputation which gives you a psychological advantage in future battles. WAY better general. wasnt afraid to make the tough choices.

The winners of wars write the history. Had a Confederate Army burned a state captial like Sherman did, American History would have labeled the leader of that Army a criminal.

• Forrest Gump was the best

• A large portion of Chambersburg, Pa was burned down in 1864. The city was invaded several times throughout the war. The damage may not have been as significant as Fredericksburg or Atlanta.

• '16 '15 '10

That’s cause it was the only free state city the redcoats could get to  :wink:

I think that incident was a mixture of banditry and revenge…probably not sanctioned by Lee.

• '10

When did the British decide to help the south?@Zhukov44:

I think that incident was a mixture of banditry and revenge…probably not sanctioned by Lee.

• @Fishmoto37:

When did the British decide to help the south?@Zhukov44:

Yeah, I thought we were talking Civil War here.

• @Brain:

Yeah, I thought we were talking Civil War here.

Whats so civil about wars anyway ?

• The War of Southern Independence is how we southern refer to the War between the States.

• Possibly you are correct zhukov, however the city was invaded several times and as far as I am aware, the invasions were conducted by line troops rather than full fledged bandits and outlaws. (like Quantril in Missouri and Kansas, he was much worse than a bandit). In early fights the targets were limited pretty much to strategic targets. I think it was Early who gave the orders to wreck Thaddeous Stevens Ironworks and that probably was more revenge and anger than anything.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m