Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• FMG, thank you for your latest update.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

What color will ANZAC be?

I’m assuming the same color they are now

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@Razor:

Yes, but why bother to make the ANZAC pieces if they are not nation specific molds ? Razor wants ANZAC infantry with the Stetson hats, not the brit helmets.

Because like with MOST AAA games… you never get enough pieces.  AND our set will include some “special” units.

But will one of the UK infantry have a Stetson hat?

• AAP40 ANZAC are grey.  I never got the origional AAP

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

AAP40 ANZAC are grey.  I never got the origional AAP

In orginal AAP they’re just UK units.

• Yeah, having the AAP40 ANZACs in grey is SOO disappointing.  Whatever could have possessed them to do such a thing?!?  They should have done them in that light green that they’d done some of the early UK units in (and they should have done the AAA Italians in light grey, like TWG).

So, FMG, are you guys going to follow their lead on this one?  I understand totally you’re wanting as much consistency with them as possible, but this might make them too close to your Germans.  Oh, and I want that Stetson hat, too.  (Otherwise, pretty much anything else would be the same as either the US or the UK, as most Aussie/ANZAC gear was either American or British.)

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Basically Razor want ANZAC infantry to look like this :

• '10

@Razor:

@Emperor_Taiki:

Basically Razor want ANZAC infantry to look like this :

Hey…  If the base set pays for itself and goes well, the sky is the limit! I like the idea of special anzac infantry also…  but we will have to see the cost…  making a whole mould for one unit is kind of expensive.

• Looks like Razor already has his ANZAC pieces.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Nah, that’s a stock photo from plasticsoldierreview.com

• I vote for the middle pose.

• @Brain:

I vote for the middle pose.

Razor think that the pose far right in this pic are closer to the present british infantry

the pose at far right in this one is good too

And since it is a new side, Razor will edit in the first pic that B.D. commented

And to the oazy ones that dont read previous page, this is the ANZAC infantry sculps suggestions

• Razor hope France will be next, and offer some infantry poses:

• The guy in top row, far right, stuck up one of his arms. Better than nothing.

• Well, those Airfix Aussies shouldn’t be too hard to find… no need for a whole new mold set, just buy these off the shelf…

Now, for the Frenchies on the other hand… it might be nice to have some unique French vehicles, and in some sort of blue, probably.

MAN! I still can’t get over the idiocy of making the AAP40 Aussies in grey, compounding the backwards, bizarro mistake of making the AAA Italians in a brown that looks almost like that of the Russians!  AAARGH!?!  :?  (Sorry, just had to send that cry of angst out into a community where someone might undestand my frustration.)

• Dont your wife understand your frustration ?

• Good one, Razor!

• Let’s focus on getting the Italians taken care of first before we worry about the ANZAC or French. This thread is getting off subject….

• The Italian stuff has all been decided already. We are merely waiting for the product release. So now is the time to start talking about future products if there are to be future products.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

True, but in order to ensure production happens and there is funding for the rest of the pieces, think chain letter meets pyramid scheme. In other words, buy A&A for your friends X-mas presents, then play a bunch of games with them to get them really hooked. Then show them this thread and tell them to put some money aside for their pieces etc. etc. We could be at the top of the pyramid and get all the pieces we ask for as long as we keep making sales for FMG.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m