• @Clyde85:

Intresting thought, but I have always thought that China should be seperated from the US not more intergrated with them. You are 100% correct that the US did supply all of the Chinese airforces aircraft (and provided training for their pilots in Arizona) and also supplied massives amounts of other war supplies to the Chinese army. However, the US couldnt get the Chinese to do anything the US wanted them to do with all of it! So bringing the two countries closer together in this regard would be counter to the actual historical situation.

One idea I had heard was to up the size of the Chinese starting force. This would represent the stalement that existed in the China Theater at that time, but since their economy is so small any major loss to them would nigh impossible to replace. This way you could better represent the situation of the Chinese getting support from the allied powers (burma road) but the Chinese not wanting to risk them in an attack on the Japanese (low economy, forces made up entierly of Infantry with little to no arty).

Making the Chinese starting force larger would help but I think there needs to some expense represented to the US for keeping China going. The main reason I saw to combine them is that the US player is already controling China. Then any extra help they want to give China would come out of the US IPC pool. Maybe just reduce the US war bonus a little and bump up China’s starting force is simpler.Near as I can figure the cost to the US for helping China should run about 3-4 IPC’s per turn since the US spent about 2 billion in China during the war. If the Burma road was open this would probly be 2-3 IPC’s per turn. Or maybe  allow the US to give China 3 IPC per turn instead. Some things to think about.

• I see what you’re trying to do with these ideas, but you need to be careful or you’ll make the US-China partnership in the game become a penility for the US which wouldnt be fair. Ideas I have heard have been to do things like;

If the burma road is open allow the US to replace the Chinese fighter if it gets destroyed.
    If the burma road is open AND the US is at war allow them to purchase 1 unit for the Chinese per turn.

I like both of these and would better represent the US’s support to the Chinese, and also the importance of the Buram road. The second idea would need to be limited to land and air units only (obviously) but to have no more then 1 of each non-infantry/arty unit type (no more then 1 fighter, tatical bobmber, tank, mech infantry, ect…)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m