• Thanks for clarifying and since their are 9 countries could we just have three players that have three countries

• Official Q&A

You can split the powers among the players in any way that you like, as long as one player doesn’t control both Axis and Allied powers.  The recommended distribution of powers to players is on page 31 of the Rulebook.

• @LittleByrd98:

Thanks for clarifying and since their are 9 countries could we just have three players that have three countries

You could, but it’s not recommended. That would mean one player playing all of the axis powers, against everyone else. The axis player would be doing half of the moves on the board.

• I know the US has some rules about not being at war but I am confused on one point.  Can the Australian fighters land in Pearl Harbor to help defend it before US is at war or no?  Thanks

• @chompers:

I know the US has some rules about not being at war but I am confused on one point.  Can the Australian fighters land in Pearl Harbor to help defend it before US is at war or no?  Thanks

No.  No allied units can land in territory of any neutral.  This rule is not exclusive to the USA.  You can’t land in USSR when she’s neutral, either.

The answer is right there in the sidebar of page 15, under movement.

• Gamerman…you are so cool…I wish I could be you… :lol: :lol: :lol: :-P

• @questioneer:

Gamerman…you are so cool…I wish I could be you… :lol: :lol: :lol: :-P

Because he gets to answer rule questions?

• No, because he’s and “AA vet” :roll:

• '12

q. you could become an AA vet too, you just need to play about a thousand games  :-D

• oh baby, I’m so jealous :lol:

• '12

understandable…  :lol:

• Can you destroy carriers as casaulties or make them damaged if you have aircraft in a fight that would need to land on them? Or since the aircraft would otherwise be unable to land, would you be forced to take aircraft as casaulties until an extra carrier is no longer needed to land them.

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

Can you destroy carriers as casaulties or make them damaged if you have aircraft in a fight that would need to land on them? Or since the aircraft would otherwise be unable to land, would you be forced to take aircraft as casaulties until an extra carrier is no longer needed to land them.

You can take the carriers as hits.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

Can you destroy carriers as casaulties or make them damaged if you have aircraft in a fight that would need to land on them? Or since the aircraft would otherwise be unable to land, would you be forced to take aircraft as casaulties until an extra carrier is no longer needed to land them.

The only time you have to worry about the rule against suicide fighters is in the combat movement phase.  You have to demonstrate that if all fighters survive combat they have a safe landing place.

During combat you can choose any casualties you want (except for ships in an amphibious assault, of course).

• @gamerman01:

During combat you can choose any casualties you want (except for ships in an amphibious assault, of course).

Is the exception related to transports?

W

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

Is the exception related to transports?

W

No, but you’re right.  You can never choose transports until they’re the only boat remaining.

I meant when you fire a supporting shot you can’t lose the ships.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

The only time you have to worry about the rule against suicide fighters is in the combat movement phase.  You have to demonstrate that if all fighters survive combat they have a safe landing place.

So as long as I go into combat saying “If everything survives, these fighters can land”, I can knock out all of my carriers and have them suicide due to lack of an actual landing zone.

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Sorry if this has been asked and answered already… Playing Global, UK has declared war on Japan. Can UK-Pacific move warships into the sea zone around The Philippines while U.S. warships are there? If so, can Japan attack those ships without also attacking the U.S. fleet?

• @Slacker:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already… Playing Global, UK has declared war on Japan. Can UK-Pacific move warships into the sea zone around The Philippines while U.S. warships are there? If so, can Japan attack those ships without also attacking the U.S. fleet?

Yes to both questions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m