Analysis of a game on TripleA (thought you’d might like to know this stuff)

• 2024 2023 '22

Two nights ago I set up a TripleA Global 1940 second edition no bids game. I set the AI to fast on both sides, and let them battle it out.

The Axis won in Europe. Japan had a good time, with the naval war being quite chill. Mainland Asia was intense though, with India constantly being quite a thorn in Japan’s side, Japan was counterattacking against British gains in China though.

Now that it’s done, here’s what I noticed (conversation starters, parts I want to discuss, and the most important parts are bolded):

1. There is a lot more cooperation between sides. For example:

US and UK fleets shielded each other in the Atlantic (the US and UK usually kept to their own navies when I played).

Germany and Japan heavily shared territory with each other (there wasn’t as much cooperation when I played)

Japan had a much more active role against the Soviets.

Keep in mind this cooperation may be because my games are different. The AI Allies went for full KGF, while my Allies (particularly US) seesaw between theatres. This leads to fewer navies and transports needing to cover each other (less exist in the Atlantic) and Japan needing to help Germany out more.

1. Britain, France, and ANZAC poured units (like 20 infantry, 5 aircraft, and 10 heavy equipment, keep in mind this is just an estimate) into the Soviet Union.

Is this a good strategy? The Western Allies moving units into the Soviet Union would result in the loss of 5 IPCs of bonus income to the Soviets.

1. AI Germany had a much higher infantry to artillery/ tanks ratio than I usually do.

2. The AI Allies clustered around East Africa.

Why are they doing this and is this a good strategy? Not sure whether to copy it.

1. AI Germany did a G2 and AI Japan a J2. This is very different from what I do, waiting for the Allies to declare war. Not sure what to make of this, since this choice is so momentous.

2. ANZAC moved their units all over the map. It’s probably for dan openers, though it’s still odd. Funny enough, ANZAC had a medium sized fleet of a battleship and an aircraft carrier.

3. The Allies declared war on true neutrals. Why?

What benefits does this gain for the Allies? It almost proved to be the downfall of the Allies (I won’t say it was, the scale and units involved were too much for 20 infantry to make a difference, though Turkey gave Germany a free pass in the Middle East.

1. Aircraft were often used by themselves to destroy ground units. I do the same thing, but I’m not sure if the AI is as stupid as me or so smart it actually thinks it’s a good idea.

If you’d like pictures, notify me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m