• @Gharen:

That is a great point of them putting a unique roundel there for the possibility of the US doing NCM as a neutral.  Kinda interesting the more you think about it and yes I can’t wait for this board to come out as well, been chomping at the bit to play this combiner board.

You and everyone else.

• @Gharen:

That is a great point of them putting a unique roundel there for the possibility of the US doing NCM as a neutral.

Well not THAT great of a point… after all it’s not permitted in AAP40 so it’s less likely that they’ll introduce it out of the blue in Europe or Global.

But I’m still thinking it has some political effect… maybe Germany can occupy any UK territory without triggering a US DoW… except Canadian territories.  :?

And personally, I’m not yet ready to ditch the idea of House Ruling a greater role for Canada… yes, yes it disperses production BUT there’s gotta be some balance as I think the house rule would also be permitting the UK to have the Energizer Battery Bunny Capitol that re-locates to the Dominion and keeps going, and going…

• If you take money away from UK by giving it to others (Canada), then that will be the cause of UK’s impending failure.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Brain:

If you take money away from UK by giving it to others (Canada), then that will be the cause of UK’s impending failure.

Crap BD, you better tell Larry quick before they release the game and it’s totally unwinnable for the allies!

It shouldn’t come as a surprise to you guys that I like the idea of a forced build in Canada for the UK (or “split income” as Larry has stated).

This idea is novel, historically accurate and strategically important. Perhaps too small to be its own power (and Canada followed UK policy in the war anyway) There should be some way to represent the fact that so much of British wartime production came from Canada and had to cross the Atlantic before it was of any use. My guess is that, armed with an airbase, Canada will be the main centre for production of aircraft for the UK. (as was the case in the war.) If you can build 3 planes in Canada and use your 10 build in the UK for land/naval units it seems Canada would become an asset for production freeing space to pump out loaded landing craft in the British isles.

• I agree. The game is being skewed too much. Ideally, the game should be completely historically accurate, with only the # of Axis troops being changed so as to balance the game. There shouldn’t be this balance, and counter balance, and counter counter balance, and counter… till the game really isn’t world war two any more.

• Basically adding Canada as a power is going to be a set back for the amount of turns it takes to get from Canada to UK in the amount of IPC’s taken away from UK and added to Canada, because it will take that many turns to transport the troops from Canada to UK where they would already be in the game as it is today.

• Exactly. You are correct. This would not only be more realistic, it would also be the perfect modification needed to allow for Operation Sea Lion. This has never been possible before b/c the U.K. unrealistically and unfairly got all of those ipcs automatically on Britain (usually in the form of 8 infantry if it even looked like Germany was thinking about invading). This would change that.

• Re-balancing the game with Canada added would take a lot of play-testing.

• @Brain:

Re-balancing the game with Canada added would take a lot of play-testing.

I’M SORRY BD
    WHAT WAS THAT?!?!
    WOTC WOULD NEED A LOT OF PLAY-TESTING?? ??
    MAN, YOU’LL HAVE TO TYPE LOUDER I CAN’T HEAR OVER EVERYONE YELLING “OH OH PICK ME! PICK ME!”
    :-D

• Fighters are gonna be SO valuable for UK in this game.  The ability to sortie out of Britain to protect your new naval builds is gonna put alot of pressure on the German aircraft.  Or if theres a complex in Canada, UK can just build its navy there I guess and bring it over when it has enough planes.

So UK is gonna have to worry about protecting its Atlantic Navy with fighters while securing it’s convoys, building units in India to protect against Japan, and sending forces to Africa to fend of Italy.

I think they’re gonna be the most fun country to play in this game.

• no people see why canada is important you can bulid planes\ships there so you bulid ground on the uk!
    good aganst sealion.

• @robbie358:

Fighters are gonna be SO valuable for UK in this game.  The ability to sortie out of Britain to protect your new naval builds is gonna put alot of pressure on the German aircraft.  Or if theres a complex in Canada, UK can just build its navy there I guess and bring it over when it has enough planes.

So UK is gonna have to worry about protecting its Atlantic Navy with fighters while securing it’s convoys, building units in India to protect against Japan, and sending forces to Africa to fend of Italy.

Yea, I agree that they should be… But will they? If Scotland is to be a territory, then Britain will no longer be an island, so will fighters on Britain still be able to scramble to protect their fleets? I think they should, b/c what’s the difference between england and Japan? But I don’t know what the rules will be. And sign me up for play-testing any day, free of charge.

• Ha ha ha… then the info wouldn’t be a secret. remember its not that they dont WANT to tell us information…its that larry and kreig CANT tell us information. They aren’t allowed to.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Ha ha ha… then the info wouldn’t be a secret. remember its not that they dont WANT to tell us information…its that larry and kreig CANT tell us information. They aren’t allowed to.

They can neither confirm or deny this statement.

• @The:

@robbie358:

Fighters are gonna be SO valuable for UK in this game.  The ability to sortie out of Britain to protect your new naval builds is gonna put alot of pressure on the German aircraft.  Or if theres a complex in Canada, UK can just build its navy there I guess and bring it over when it has enough planes.

Yea, I agree that they should be… But will they? If Scotland is to be a territory, then Britain will no longer be an island, so will fighters on Britain still be able to scramble to protect their fleets? I think they should, b/c what’s the difference between england and Japan? But I don’t know what the rules will be. And sign me up for play-testing any day, free of charge.

If England is going to be two territories and therefore can’t scramble, it will be so annoying!  What is the point of making England two territories anyway when Japan is one and the entire eastern seaboard of the US is one?  I could understand if they do that so that UK can’t scramble its planes in 5 different sea zones from a single territory, that makes sense (Scotland can scramble to 2 & 3, maybe 6; England can scramble to 6, 7, & 8’), but otherwise I’ll be very upset if Great Britain isn’t an exception to the “only islands can scramble, and islands are a single territory surrounded by sea zones” rule.  :x

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

@The:

@robbie358:

Fighters are gonna be SO valuable for UK in this game.  The ability to sortie out of Britain to protect your new naval builds is gonna put alot of pressure on the German aircraft.  Or if theres a complex in Canada, UK can just build its navy there I guess and bring it over when it has enough planes.

If England is going to be two territories and therefore can’t scramble, it will be so annoying!  What is the point of making England two territories anyway when Japan is one and the entire eastern seaboard of the US is one?  I could understand if they do that so that UK can’t scramble its planes in 5 different sea zones from a single territory, that makes sense (Scotland can scramble to 2 & 3, maybe 6; England can scramble to 6, 7, & 8’), but otherwise I’ll be very upset if Great Britain isn’t an exception to the “only islands can scramble, and islands are a single territory surrounded by sea zones” rule.  :x

So much for the Battle of Britain.

Yeah that would suck.

• @Canuck12:

@Brain:

If you take money away from UK by giving it to others (Canada), then that will be the cause of UK’s impending failure.

Crap BD, you better tell Larry quick before they release the game and it’s totally unwinnable for the allies!

It shouldn’t come as a surprise to you guys that I like the idea of a forced build in Canada for the UK (or “split income” as Larry has stated).

This idea is novel, historically accurate and strategically important. Perhaps too small to be its own power (and Canada followed UK policy in the war anyway) There should be some way to represent the fact that so much of British wartime production came from Canada and had to cross the Atlantic before it was of any use. My guess is that, armed with an airbase, Canada will be the main centre for production of aircraft for the UK. (as was the case in the war.) If you can build 3 planes in Canada and use your 10 build in the UK for land/naval units it seems Canada would become an asset for production freeing space to pump out loaded landing craft in the British isles.

I think split income is a wonderful idea that I support greatly.
    I think Canada as a whole separate power is a bit much. Canada is actually stronger as part of the UK than as an independent power. An independent Canada can’t attack with the UK.

• I think Canada as a whole separate power is a bit much. Canada is actually stronger as part of the UK than as an independent power. An independent Canada can’t attack with the UK.

Unless you made a rule that stated that commonwealth provinces could attack with the U.K.

• ya you could do that contrys like anzac and maybe canada only have like 10-14 ipcs so a combined attack not that stronge

• @molinar13:

Historians are still debating whether it was or not

Which ones?  Definitely not a Major Power like the United Kingdom, USA, USSR, Japan, Germany, France or Italy.  However, if Canada did not aide the UK during WW2, (with food, munitions, tanks, heavy guns, airplanes, ships, etc) from 1939 to the entry of the USA in Dec 1941, there is a possibility that the UK might of had a much more difficult time than they did?
    GOJEONGUMDO

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m