• @Deviant:Scripter:

TG Moses VI, Bush doesn’t need to get Congress’s approval if he wishes to attack Iraq. Therefore, it doesn’t really make a difference if Congress is devided.

A democratic state who can declare an (aggressive) war w/o democratic process? hmmm… scary!
    Just imagine someone who is just slightly more nuts than G.W. …

• @Xi:

Britain has been on board since day one. France and Germany are going slow since they have a large Muslim minority and want to avoid backlash as long as possible. The US accepts the responsibility to lead this time, as we did in Persian Gulf War I. I wish to thank Great Britain for leading patiently during WWI. The US was isolationist until July 8. 1941, but we had great teachers(GB, Winnie and Monty).

Oh my god.

Britain has not been with you since day one, but was the first to follow.
    The reason for Germany and France to not follow you blindly is because we have eyes that are open to see.
    The sentence about WWI and the US being isolationist have no common thread, unless WWI is a typo and should read WWII.

Xi and numbers aren’t friends.

• Britain with us? Tony Blair is with us. Show me a poll where more than 30% of the British people actually back an attack.

France and Germany anywhere near helping us? Right.

And remember, Russia has Veto power in the UN. And just signed a huge trade deal with Iraq.

• @F_alk:

@Deviant:Scripter:

TG Moses VI, Bush doesn’t need to get Congress’s approval if he wishes to attack Iraq. Therefore, it doesn’t really make a difference if Congress is devided.

A democratic state who can declare an (aggressive) war w/o democratic process? hmmm… scary!
    Just imagine someone who is just slightly more nuts than G.W. …

You better not be talking about me F_alk :evil:
    mind you, no one believes i have GW’s power, so i guess that’ not really likely . . . :lol:

• F_k,
    It has been argued that the US Congress gave W the power by their Sept. 14, 2001 declaration in writing. It gave him the power to go after the terrorists. If he makes the connection, BAM . And before congress has to okay it it’s done. :D
    However, W isn’t gonna play a Clinton. G.W. Bush will play nice-nice with the mean old Democrats. The Mean Old Democrats who demand to know how much the war will cost. The same MODs who gave Clinton the Get Out of Jail Free card on the Yugowar! No questions asked. The same MODs who won’t have hearings(and the law states that they must all have hearings) on President Bush’s judicial appointees. Oh, I’m sorry, a few did have hearings, but WEREN’T PUT UP FOR A VOTE! Akbv MODs playing politics, hoping to pull a double house victory in November! ZTVEL!

“You know the one thing that’s wrong with this country?
    Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.”

• William Jefferson Clinton
      –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Excellence is a learned habit. - Xi

• Saddam is not a terrorist. Saddam is a dictator in a Sovereign. This war is about going after terrorists, not going after dictator in the world.

You wanna go after Terrorism? Check out Sudan.

• Britain with us? Tony Blair is with us. Show me a poll where more than 30% of the British people actually back an attack.

I think you are trying to skew statistics a little too much to your liking. I have seen the polls - and 71% oppose military action against Iraq (as you said) – however, there was one little fact that forgot to mentioned: unless it is endorsed by the UN. Obviously this changes the slant of things dramatically. Personally I would support an invasion by Bush without first the support of the Senate or the UN (again, this same thing happened in the “Newsweek Poll”).

France and Germany anywhere near helping us? Right.

Do you need their help? Probably not, though I think approval would be a step in the right direction. Again, I will say that heads of the French and German state want to ensure that any war has the UN seal of approval.

I know this has been talked about as with Yemen, so I wouldn’t count it out.

And remember, Russia has Veto power in the UN. And just signed a huge trade deal with Iraq.

I know that Russian oil companies do have a vested interest in Iraq, though have not chosen to develop them until after the political situation is settled. Russian isn’t going to mess up its relationship with the US because of Iraq.

• @Yanny:

Saddam is not a terrorist. Saddam is a dictator in a Sovereign. This war is about going after terrorists, not going after dictator in the world.

The President of the United States made it crystal clear after 9/11 that we will make no distinction between terrorists and those countries harboring terrorists.

• @Deviant:Scripter:

@Yanny:

Saddam is not a terrorist. Saddam is a dictator in a Sovereign. This war is about going after terrorists, not going after dictator in the world.

The President of the United States made it crystal clear after 9/11 that we will make no distinction between terrorists and those countries harboring terrorists.

Yeah,
    i really hope that someone who was blamed to be a terrorists sues the US for some trillion dollars:
    that would beat one major US-“flaw” with another.

• Except there is no proof Saddam is harboring terrorists. President Bush is going to war over what he thinks Saddam has.

You know, the politicians opposed to this war are the ones who have actually fought a war. People who have seen people die beside them. People like Senator Kerry. President Bush, well he joined the National Guard to get out of Vietnam.

• Ha! I smell myself a liberal! :D

There is no proof that Saddam is harboring terrorists? Would you bet your lunch money on that? :wink: You’d be wrong. There’s lots of evidence that shows connections between Saddam and al-Qaeda. I can show you if you’d like.

Secondly, John Kerry knows jack-shit about protecting our national security. Look at what he did during the Clinton administration. As a matter of fact, Colin Powell is now coming on board the plan.

• I am a moderate. You can see, I don’t think along party lines. Bush is just Ultraconservative.

John Kerry knows more about the military than President Bush does. President Bush coward out of Vietnam.

Ok, show me proof Saddam supports terrorists.

• Bush is just Ultraconservative

Ha, I wish. Bush many be conservative, but not nearly as much as you make him out to be. If you want ultra, trying looking a Dick and Donald - and even I then I would considered them diehard ultras.

• Hey, dudes!
    Today’s news said Russia has softened its
    “Don’t attack Iraq stance.” Heh heh.
    UPDATE: Russia wants someone(I wonder who?) to pay the 8 billion(that’s thousand million, for those who use billion differently than we do in the USA :) ) $s that Iraq owes Russia.
    As I said afore, France and Germany are coverin’ their sases :D .
    They’l be a coupla the last to join, to show independence, but to
    get credit for being in the fight.
    (I bid 3 INF on LIB.) - Xi(purty dam shur)
    –-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make
    people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its
    best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.”

• Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., novelist. “When I Was Twenty-One”,(1974).

Attaboy T_6, I knew you could do it(back to 12.15 ppd.)

• They’l be a coupla the last to join, to show independence, but to
    get credit for being in the fight.

I hate that. :-?

“About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make
    people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its
    best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.”

• Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., novelist. “When I Was Twenty-One”,(1974).

In my humblest opinion, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr was the greatest author of the late 20th Century.

• Iraq has let in Weapons inspectors. Now what will Bush complain about?

Betya he’ll find a new reason.

• Iraq has let in Weapons inspectors. Now what will Bush complain about?

Good. It seems like the our campaign of intensified on Iraq has paid off. Good job, Bush Administration.

Betya he’ll find a new reason.

Betcha he won’t. The Bush administration was already optimistic that a new U.N. resolution calling on Baghdad to comply with long-standing U.N. resolutions would be drafted by the end of the week. Let’s just hope that Saddam was as unconditional as he said to be and to disarm.

• Saudi Arabia has agreed to let the USA use the military airfields (the USA built) in Suadi Arabia If the UN says “Attack Iraq!” They are feeling left out of the developments. Yemen is handing over suspected terrorists, Pakistan is doing the same. Qatar is allowing the USA to build military airfields within their sovereign borders. Bahrain and Oman are considering the same(or has building already begun?). The USA and British fighter bombers have cleared flight corridors from Kuwait and Jordan to Baghdad.
    AND NOW Saddam says the inspectors can come back with no restrictions.
    President G. W. Bush said it is not for Hussein to make the offfer, but for Saddam to accede to the demands of the UN.

I say send 'em in on helicopter gunships. Then the Iraqis can’t cannot play the shell game so easily. Use satellites to help cover western Iraq and blanket the area with fighters. Put an airbase in the zone. Catch or destroy what you can to protect Israel. Then cover southern Iraq to do the same for Kuwait and S. Arabia. Then connect the two areas. Follow with northwestern and western Iraq. After the USA and Britain clear an area put in (examples) Canadian, Egyptian, Russian, French, German, Australian, and a combined Saudi/Kuwait units to cover the zones. Regretfully, Some US units may be needed for this purpose also.
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Advertising is defined as distracting human intelligence
    long enough to get money.” - Anonymous

• T_6,
    Saddam comply?
    What turnip truck did you just fall off of?
    He ain’t dun it in 12 years. What, in the name of Allah, whom Saddam profanes every day, makes you think he’s gonna start now?
    –--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Cats are smarter than dogs. Eight cats won’t
    pull a sled through snow.” - Jeff Valdez

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m