[Global 1940] Special Abilities Idea

• Imagine this, each country has a special ability. It will activate at a specific round number. This would get rid of the tech charts btw.

Examples:

• U.S.A, After 2 Axis capitals are taken they get one Nuke. This can clean out a whole area filled with units (including any thing else, shipyards, airbases etc.). This territory can not be entered or used by any way until 3 rounds after. The U.S.A has 3 they can use. This could prevent it being a dragged out game with the last player standing stacking up on their homeland.

• Germany, After round 9 Germany is able to build Jet fighters. They are like fighters but they cost 12 IPC’S. It can Move 5, Roll’s a 4 or less on defense. Rolls at a 5 if it contains air combat. Can not be hit by AAA Guns.

• Japan, they already have one.

These are just some examples it’s a start to a idea.

• PantherP Panther moved this topic from Axis & Allies Global 1940

• @FranceNeedsMorePower

We would normally call these national advantages. You can find a lot of other ideas using that as a search query.

I personally find it ahistorical for nuclear bomb development to be tied to capital capture. I would propose a specific turn like turn 10 or 11.

For jet fighters, I don’t think it’s a good idea to give them increased range (ahistorical). The fighters were known for their speed, not their range. As such it should have the same range as other fighters but increased combat capabilities (attack at 4, defend at 5). Good idea to give it air battle and AAA special capabilities. Maybe don’t allow it to operate off of carriers for balancing purposes.

• @SuperbattleshipYamato I agree with those changes, I feel like only some nations should have them, for example I don’t think Anzac had any so called super powers or special abilities.

A few more examples:

France: French Resistance, is able to recruit one Infantry to one mainland French Territory. 1 per turn. Put the piece on it’s back to represent it is hiding from the Germans.

I can’t think of any other ones. I feel Germany could have a tun of them, Jets, Strong Tanks etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m