Kwaspek104 (Germany) vs. VictoryFirst (Allies) | Original Europe, Game 1

• @VictoryFirst Ah yes, it’s the age old strategy. There are many different variations of it, but it boils down to 1 or 2 rounds of infantry than all tanks for 1 or two rounds. Buy all inf when Western Allies are close by. It apparently breaks the game (may or not be true).

If you would like, I can try it against you lol. I was trying the naval strategy with you because I like subs lol.

• @kwaspek104

Lo, that’s actually the strategy I use myself for Germany. First 2 rounds 2 infantry, then all tanks for subsequent rounds, then a mixture to defend against Allies, and also a very aggressive G1 attack on the EF. I think there’s no way to beat that. However I would love to give it a try in our next game. Still figuring out what the best way is to pressure Germany as the Allies. Going to the Med feels to slow IMO, going North doesn’t achieve very much and pressuring Germany directly via Denmark or Holland can get you bogged down if Germany builds up a stack of infantry.

• indeed. I will steal your variation of the strategy then - 4 inf Rumania

• Awesome, I’ll set us up and you can do your G1. Did you see the Europe 1.5 version?

• I did! It is wonderful.

• Just finished another solo game and the Germans won… again! This game is super tough as the Allies… I fear it needs a considerable bid to make it balanced.

• @VictoryFirst That’s interesting, I did a solo game as well and the Germans only had 3% on Moscow on turn 6 lol. I must be doing something wrong as the Germans. I didn’t play after turn 6 tho so they may still have the advantage after that.

• @kwaspek104

Lol, in my solo games, Moscow usually falls on G8. I had one game where it was G10 but in that game I only built fighters as the Western Allies and flew them over to Moscow, which doesn’t give them a chance for victory it seems, it just prolongs the game. I could show you my Germany strategy. We can start a game right away if you feel something for playing two games at the same time with me 😂

• yeah if western allies keeps building fighters, Germans don’t have to defend their capital as much, so they can just keep making their tanks. It’s a tricky balance, one I’m not sure the Allies can consistently do. But that’s why we play these games lol.

• @VictoryFirst yeah feel free to start the game as Germany

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m