Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@Omega1759 I have never done the “Japan skips China” plan. Does he buy lots of bombers to project power into India, the Money Islands, and Russia simultaneously?

In my view he buys enough navy to keep control of SZ6, money Island. Put a bit of pressure on Russia, Make sure that Chinese don’t push him out too quickly by pressuring forces. Put enough pressure on India to keep Moscow weak.

If Japan absorbs most of US spending, the Axis are sure winner here because both Russia and Egypt will fall. It’s only a matter of time and he can be patient (he can be even out earned and achieve it)

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@Omega1759 I am actually fine if Italy spends all of his money reinforcing Gibraltar. I am much more worried of a Japan+Italy crush of Egpyt. He has so many evil things he can do now that he is avoiding China completely.

This is a risk, but because it’s risky I don’t think this is what he has planned. I think he’s playing logistics with a slow and steady push. He will surely be in a position to exploit mistakes if there are any along the way.

@Omega1759 I was talking about spending the 50 PU bid in the Atlantic/Africa and failing to do any significant attacks against Italy on the first round. Playing an entirely defensive game is a guaranteed loss for the Allies.

Yah, there is a swing of at least 200 IPCs from sending the fleet out in the Pacific and not making a determined stand in the Atlantic. The Luftwaffe is intact with a 50 IPC bid, it’s a complete waste. Note how the IPC gap is only 225 at the end of J2, you usually see 300-350 at this point. Without bid we would be at 175!

• @Omega1759 so does China move to Guizhou this round, supported one more round by UK assistance? I really wish that Russia would keep their fighters in Moscow since they are sitting there on the Western front and will never be able to do very much. They could have helped reinforce China and then returned by the time Germany had any exploitable weaknesses.

• I think that China needs to make a run for Manchuria and Korea to deprive Japan of the income. If they are adding 5 new units per round, they will be unattackable by the time they get up there.

• @Omega1759 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Yah, there is a swing of at least 200 IPCs from sending the fleet out in the Pacific and not making a determined stand in the Atlantic. The Luftwaffe is intact with a 50 IPC bid, it’s a complete waste. Note how the IPC gap is only 225 at the end of J2, you usually see 300-350 at this point. Without bid we would be at 175!

The intact Luftwaffe is the worst part. He should have at least lost a few planes taking out the UK fleet after the Italian fleet was destroyed. Once he boosts it up with a bunch of bombers, it will be a force of dread. Adam’s biggest complaint about the game is the overpowered nature of Axis bombers that can project power in so many directions.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Other bad aspect for the allies, Japan not about to lose transports any time soon. Imagine him build ~1 carrier a turn + 13 infantry, that’s entirely possible.

• @Omega1759 why build 13 infantry? What would they possibly do for Japan as he skips China?

@Omega1759 why build 13 infantry? What would they possibly do for Japan as he skips China?

I don’t think he needs to skip China. He just needs to hold on to what he has and hold DEI. By doing this he would have 60+ IPC per turn which is enough to require lots of American spend in the Pacific (otherwise China will be crushed and India will be crushed).

• @Omega1759 If he was planning to attack China, he would not have made the moves he just did these two rounds. He could have easily crushed Yunnan this round if he moved slightly differently on J1. Instead, he opted to allow China to build 4 art this round, bring them up to 20 units. Insanely large.

He could have forced China to retreat to Gansu if he had wanted to by this point. Obviously he has other intentions for the forces he sent North. The only other logical option is an attack into Russia and an abandonment of China. This conclusion is supported by the lack of factories in Mainland China.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris

China’s resurgence would be slow at best, that stack needs to stick together and cannot spread quickly. There are simply too many ground units in China (23?) and planes around to exhaust Japan. UK help might help but with all these transports.

It’s not like China is about to fall anytime soon.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris

My point is that he doesn’t need to wipe out China, he just needs to contain it. Just like the US fleet you do not need to wipe it out, just contain it. The real price is India and there’s a way to strangle it down with what he has on the board.

• @Omega1759 China is already surging. I think we can move to Guizhou this round, stacking it with at least 23 units to prevent counterattack. He won’t waste his air force killing Chinese units. He could have killed the force far cheaper by this point if head wanted to.

It will be over 30 units in a few turns.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris

Doesn’t matter, Japan is at 770 IPC at the end of J2. Can you believe it?

• @Omega1759 my point is he will give up on containing China and abandon China mainland completely. That is his special plan in this game. He lets China have a stack of 50 units. Who cares. His focus is winning the game in Europe. There will be no way that he can win in the Pacific.

Jiangsu and Guangdong will eventually be captured by China, leaving him no way to get enough victory cities.

@Omega1759 my point is he will give up on containing China and abandon China mainland completely. That is his special plan in this game. He lets China have a stack of 50 units. Who cares. His focus is winning the game in Europe. There will be no way that he can win in the Pacific.

Jiangsu and Guangdong will eventually be captured by China, leaving him no way to get enough victory cities.

We’ll see. He’s not focused on China and I agree. Let’s observe how long it takes for China to get out of control.

• @Omega1759 China’s out of control. No Japanese force can stand next to the 15 inf + 4 art + plane this round, and it will grow another 4 units per round for the foreseeable future. This could have been cheaply avoided if Japan had simply attacked Hunan on J1. He chose an unusual variant of the opening for a reason.

@Omega1759 China’s out of control. No Japanese force can stand next to the 15 inf + 4 art + plane this round, and it will grow another 4 units per round for the foreseeable future. This could have been cheaply avoided if Japan had simply attacked Hunan on J1. He chose an unusual variant of the opening for a reason.

He can go to Hunan or Keichow, but he exposes Yunnan as a result and doesn’t touch any expensive territory from either place yet. Meanwhile Japan an IC in French Indochina, an intact air force, a huge navy, 6 transports and 55 IPC to spend. China would need tremendous UK + Russian + US + Anzac support to explode as you’re describing. 4 units per turn isn’t hard to contain for Japan.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@farmboy said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

I just did a practice turn to see what the end result would look like. There would be a number of things that I would still want to think about here. These would include the distribution of units between Yunnan and India and whether the fleets in 54 and 109 are safe. 63 and 106 are also options there. I didn’t stack Malta as I had initially planned as I thought that was too risky. And I decided that because the Japan fleet is in the South I could afford to not build the naval base, but still a point to consider. I also assumed the inf on the transport off Hawaii was there in error and edited it on to Hawaii. But it might be too late to do that or not an error. And sorry if this is annoying. I just had some time and no other turns to play and enjoyed the procrastination. allied turns tutor game.tsvg

I think this is a good move on balance. It chases the Italians out of Gibraltar and allows the British Navy + Canadian troops to put pressure on the Axis. In this fashion there is some pressure on the European theater and we start getting back in shape. Going after Japan in the Pacific is a fantasy, we just want to make sure to hold Hawaii, Sydney and keep India for as long as we can.

1. if you win the battle in the Carolines and stack the sea zone with all of the Allied fleet, and land the ANZAC planes on the island, you should be able to withstand a full attack. If you lose the battle (4% chance), and can’t land supporting planes on the island, I think he will destroy your fleet. Worth double checking the numbers since you lose the game if he destroys your Pacific fleet. My question is why park in Caroline this round if you are going to retreat back to Queensland next round?

I haven’t read any of the other posts yet, but find the questions good and want to answer them.

Carolines is a great strategical spot. I want to still be able to pressure both the DEI, Tokyo and the coast of China.

It’s not certain that the fleet retreats to z54. It will only do that if it gets plenty of counter-pressure, which means J has to commit for it, which relieves UK-Pac and China.

@Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

1. What are you planning to do with so many American transports? You don’t yet control the Pacific, won’t control the Pacific with just one more carrier + destroyer, and probably won’t control it for a while. You are in big trouble in Europe compared to a standard game, where you normally are in big trouble.

The idea is to get the Atlantic troop-shuffle going. That needs control of z91, which needs control of Gibraltar. An alternative is to go north via Iceland, but that takes an nb from UK and the southern tr is exposed.

I don’t cry over spilled milk. The good thing with the Gibraltar-mess is that G invested a lot of resources there. It’s no biggie since the air is flexible, but still, R has a lot less to worry about atm. Especially Leningrad is usually an easy grab, which it definitely isn’t now. That’s 7 IPC lost for G.

@Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

1. When do you plan to switch spending to the Atlantic? China and India are actually in a great position compared to a standard match. I am really shocked that Yunnan is alive and well. Soon you will have 19 inf + 4 art + a plane in China. I don’t really understand this Japanese plan for Andrew, but this is the biggest force that I have seen in ages.

I already have. 4 tr is not a slight thing. Also, some of the Pac-spending will smoothly and sneakily switch over to the Atlantic, putting serious pressure on Gibraltar. That’s my present idea atleast.

I like the strong China a lot. UK-Pac has to be careful not to lose Calcutta though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m