• Anyone from Cowtown here?

I’m in the SW right near the LRT line.

I have played the original A&A as well as Imp Games’ East & West extensively. I also have Revised, AA50, D-Day, and Battle of the Bulge (but I haven’t played any of these much/at all)

Hit me up!  :-)

• I know this was posted quite some time ago now.  My friend and I have just started playing…about a year now, Eu1940, Pc1940, spr42.  Always great to find players, learn different strategys

• Customizer

I sometimes go down to Calgary to play with a friend.  Next time I do so I’ll keep you in mind.

Do you travel to Edmonton at all?

• in the summer time ya ill ride up to etown now and again. What versions do you like play? i’m a big fan of the Europe 1940 either ed, and the spring 42 second ed.

• Customizer

I play the following:

AA:Europe 2nd edition
    AA:Pacific 2nd Edition
    AA:Bulge
    AA:D-Day
    AA:1942 2nd edition
    AA:1941
    AA original
    Eagle Games - Napoleon in Europe
    Eagle Games - American Civil War
    Eagle Games - Conquest of the Empire
    HBG - World War II in Europe
    HBG - World War II in the Pacific

• that’s cool sounds like your a big fan like myself.  Do you have any preference to sides axis? allies?  My friend and I are still trying out new strategies.  I enjoy playing the axis the most, however 2 outa 3 times we play the person playing allies usually wins.  Are you a WW2 history buff at all, or just a war game fan?  I have a lot of patients and a knack for painting.  So I have customized my gaming pieces, all historically accurate paint schemes colors and markings for each country.  I hated how messy and cramped piling all those pieces can be so I glued all the fighters and bombers onto stands of varied heights….makes for way more room for all your ground units!  glued tiny magnets onto the carriers for the planes to sit on cause I hated how the would fall off all the time…I’m sure you know what I mean any avid player gets annoyed by this lol.

Also did you try the 1914? whats your opinion of it?

• Customizer

I like it more than I thought I would.  I quite enjoy it.

• Haven’t been on this board in ages; mostly I’m playing Dungeons & Dragons (4th Edition) lately.

I haven’t kept up with A&A over the years, but every now and then I get the itch to try out a new strategy for East & West; that’s still a game that hasn’t really been “solved” but it also was a niche game with a small community, so I guess that’s why.

Are the more recent games particularly complicated? It seems like sub/cruiser/destroyer rules get completely rewritten with each new game…

• Hiyas, I just found this thread. Im in Airdrie, wanted to see if anyone wants to get a game of A&A going on… Sunday is the only day I can really commit to though. Let me know.

• I’m in the process of moving/finding a new place, so I can’t really commit to gaming right now.
    Maybe once that gets all sorted out (hopefully by August) I can get back into the swing of things.

Games I own:
    Original (1984)
    Revised (2004)
    50th Anniversary (2008, I think?)
    D-Day
    Battle of the Bulge
    East & West (cold war expansion by www.ImpGames.com)

• Well, it’s been over a year. I figured I might as well ask if anyone is still around?

• @The:

Well, it’s been over a year. I figured I might as well ask if anyone is still around?

From Calgary and would be interested in finding a Axis and Allies group to play.

• i live downtown in calgary and play fairly regularly, mostly global 1940 (europe 1940  & pacific 1940 combined)

• Hey! Just bumping this up

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m