• @Commando:

Pro Axis neutrals means countries that are pro axis that have not been activated by an Axis power yet. Meaning, Iraq starts as pro-axis. If Iraq is activated by Germany, Italy or Japan, then it is no longer pro-axis. It is a territory controlled by the Axis power that activated it.

Wouldn’t Russia still collect the NO if taking Iraq from Germany or Italy?  I think so.

@Global-commander:

@Commando:

Pro Axis neutrals means countries that are pro axis that have not been activated by an Axis power yet. Meaning, Iraq starts as pro-axis. If Iraq is activated by Germany, Italy or Japan, then it is no longer pro-axis. It is a territory controlled by the Axis power that activated it.

what I wondered was weather Russia could deliberately turn a country pro-axis just to capture it to collect the bonus.

This is part of why I think it is unlikely, but I guess RAW suggest otherwise.

• It applies only to the territories that begin the game “pro-axis”.  It would not apply to territories that begin true neutral, even if they switch allegiance later.

• @Stoney229:

@Commando:

Wouldn’t Russia still collect the NO if taking Iraq from Germany or Italy?  I think so.

@Global-commander:

@Commando:

what I wondered was weather Russia could deliberately turn a country pro-axis just to capture it to collect the bonus.

what is RAW?

• @Global-commander:

@Stoney229:

@Commando:

@Global-commander:

@Commando:

what is RAW?

rules as written.  essentially referring to the specific wording of the rules and not the errata or interpretations, although generally those are backed up convincingly by the wording of the rules.

Whether people refer to “RAW” as OOB specifically or if they include the official Alpha modifications isn’t always clear, although most people appear to have embraced Alpha 3 as the standard at this point, unless noted otherwise.

• @kcdzim:

It applies only to the territories that begin the game “pro-axis”.� It would not apply to territories that begin true neutral, even if they switch allegiance later.

are you sure of this? it does not specify “original pro-axis”, but it does specify original German or Italian territories. one could infer from this that territories that become pro-axis would be included.

• @Global-commander:

@kcdzim:

It applies only to the territories that begin the game “pro-axis”.� It would not apply to territories that begin true neutral, even if they switch allegiance later.

are you sure of this? it does not specify “original pro-axis”, but it does specify original German or Italian territories. one could infer from this that territories that become pro-axis would be included.

yes, I’m sure.  The wording means “original german”, “original italian” and “original pro-axis”.   By your interpretation of the wording it doesn’t specify original Italian, and that is NOT the case.

“3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls. Theme: Propaganda value and spread of Communism.”

• @kcdzim:

@Global-commander:

@kcdzim:

yes, I’m sure.  The wording means “original german”, “original italian” and “original pro-axis”.   By your interpretation of the wording it doesn’t specify original Italian, and that is NOT the case.

“3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls. Theme: Propaganda value and spread of Communism.” ok, thanks.

• Where can I find the correct set-up that shows England with  AA guns?

• also, can you build minors on captured territories?

• @Global-commander:

Where can I find the correct set-up that shows England with  AA guns?

http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149

@Global-commander:

also, can you build minors on captured territories?

Yes, as long as it is not an island and is worth 2 ipcs or more.

• @kcdzim:

@Global-commander:

Where can I find the correct set-up that shows England with  AA guns?

http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149

@Global-commander:

also, can you build minors on captured territories?

Yes, as long as it is not an island and is worth 2 ipcs or more. I thought england had 5 AA guns.

• is there an alpha 3  set-up where england has 5 AA guns?

• @Global-commander:

is there an alpha 3  set-up where england has 5 AA guns?

There may have been sometime in the past but that setup is no longer current/accurate/official.  It has been superseded and the link provided is the absolute in current/accurate/official and is meant to be the OOB rules/setup for the reprint.

• @kcdzim:

@Global-commander:

There may have been sometime in the past but that setup is no longer current/accurate/official.  It has been superseded and the link provided is the absolute in current/accurate/official and is meant to be the OOB rules/setup for the reprint.ok, when is a reprint coming?

• @Global-commander:

@kcdzim:

@Global-commander:

There may have been sometime in the past but that setup is no longer current/accurate/official.  It has been superseded and the link provided is the absolute in current/accurate/official and is meant to be the OOB rules/setup for the reprint.

ok, when is a reprint coming?

ummmmm… Later this year at the earliest, sometime in the future at the latest.

• is there ever a time when Russia would be allowed to place a complex on Manchuria in alpha 3?

• @Global-commander:

is there ever a time when Russia would be allowed to place a complex on Manchuria in alpha 3?

No.  Nor in Alpha 2, or OOB.  That’s a chinese territory and will always be liberated as chinese.

• @kcdzim:

@Global-commander:

is there ever a time when Russia would be allowed to place a complex on Manchuria in alpha 3?

No.  Nor in Alpha 2, or OOB.  That’s a chinese territory and will always be liberated as chinese.

ok, I just thought that there was a game where Russia did not liberate allied territories, but kept them.

• @Global-commander:

@kcdzim:

@Global-commander:

ok, I just thought that there was a game where Russia did not liberate allied territories, but kept them.

no.  That’s a house rule that some have proposed, but it has never been official in any version

• You could build a minor on Korea, however.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m