• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Clyde85:

I guess I play from a very different stand point then most people I guess. I can see the advantage of attacking places like Greece and Yugoslavia, I always prefer the Italians to take the Balkans. Gives them a bit more of an economy that they can “walk to” rather then having to spend their limited IPCs on trying to control Africa. So I could see Italy doing alot of can opening for Germany on the eastern front, in my games. I also tend to have the Germans take southern France on G1, this allowing them to have an IC to produce units directly into the Med to support. Another thing I’ve seen done with Germany that I have to say is very effective, is having the Germans attack Yugoslavia on G1, but only doing 1 round of combat and retreating to Romania. This weakend the Yugo forces, and makes it easier for the Italians to take it on I1, but it also allows Germany to move the 6 infantry in southern Germany right to the eastern front to use on G2.

By attacking Yougo / Greece though, the tanks need to contribute or the progress in Africa is being slowed down. I see moving the 2 italian tanks in position to take Baltic states at I2 very important strategically.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m