• Do you buy the IC for India on UK1? Did the Gibralter BB survive G1?

I think if Germany bid that I would have united my fleet in sz8 and built an AC there on UK1 then I would have dared him to come out.

I did not build an IC for India, instead I bought an AC and trn for Britain. I was not going to try an Asian Wall strategy. Perhaps I’ll try that next time. I placed them off the coast of France (moved the BB and trn to join them), so he was able to sortie and hit them, but basically it was a mutual destruction battle. His AC survived, along with 2 planes. He landed the planes in WEU and I killed the empty AC immediately with British air on B2. As I said, I’m not sure if it was the best move (pretty well eliminates B1 purchases plus ftrs), but it did eliminate the Baltic fleet early in the game, which is important, so I’m not saying it was a bad trade. His fleet at the time of B1 was 2 subs, 2 des, 1-2 trn, 1 AC, and 2 ftrs. That’s a respectable shield. As it is now, I have free rain with a Brit fleet in the Baltic, though I don’t think it’ll save me (Germany is the obvious death threat to Russia but Jpn is probably the real stick, he’s got 3 ICs now and will be in range of CAU, and probably take out Novo also.)

The Gibraltar BB did not survive G1, if I remember correctly, he took it out with his bomber.

• I still disagree with the placement of navy units in the Baltic…If anywhere…you’d need them in the Med(for Africa, Caucasus, Middle East…) but if I saw Germany building a Baltic fleet…I’d just build a few aircraft…maybe a sub(probably not)…it wouldn’t bother me if my British Airforce was dead…as long as there’s still a big hole in the Baltic Sea…which is inevitable anyway…the smartest thing to do with that navy is to keep it put…relieving pressure on Eastern Europe, Germany, Karelia, and Norway

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m