Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• Like staring at them for weeks :)

It looks excellent!

• Customizer

I’ll probably be busy relearning Spanish and possibly painting my ‘Descent: Journeys Into the Dark’ set.

• @allworkandnoclay:

I’ll probably be busy relearning Spanish and possibly painting my ‘Descent: Journeys Into the Dark’ set.

I gave you the idea for that!  Russians look great btw.

• When are you going to paint the neutral armies?  :wink:

• yo bob when r u going to do the Canadian corps?

• Customizer

@Pelanderfunk:

When are you going to paint the neutral armies?  :wink:

I’m probably going to do some neutral armies… Not sure how many or what molds yet though.

• @allworkandnoclay:

@Pelanderfunk:

When are you going to paint the neutral armies?  :wink:

I’m probably going to do some neutral armies… Not sure how many or what molds yet though.

Haha, I was joking, but that’s awesome. Some Winter War Finnish troops could be cool. Maybe the Greeks too.

• WHAT ABOUT CANADA??? :cry:

• @cminke:

WHAT ABOUT CANADA??? :cry:

Canada gets British troops

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@cminke:

WHAT ABOUT CANADA??? :cry:

Canada gets British troops

Just like ANZAC

• Customizer

• hahahahahaha! really?  ha! for real, will you paint a set for them then see where they kick as?

• Customizer

@cminke:

hahahahahaha! really?   ha! for real, will you paint a set for them then see where they kick as?

At most, I’ll do the same as I’m doing for the Union Jack UK and neutrals… Maybe 5-10 infantry. Nunca mas.

• maby a tank for the open setup?

• @cminke:

maby a tank for the open setup?

Ah, if only I had a camera high-res enough to do them justice, I’d show you guys my Canadians.
    I painted 2 infantry and a tank for the initial setup, and I think that’ll be good for the sake of simplicity.  The maple leaf is no harder than the ANZAC crown.
    Just a British infantry with the Canadian roundel at the base, the tank is just a British tank in camo with the Canadian roundel on the back.
    I also did a Yugoslav infantry (russian mold, painted differently with the red, white, and blue roundel at the base) and a Greek infantry (british mold with a grey uniform and a blue base with a white cross ala War At Sea Greek roundel).
    I think I’ll do an Iraqi infantry next after I finish my UK units.

• @robbie358:

@cminke:

Ah, if only I had a camera high-res enough to do them justice, I’d show you guys my Canadians.
    I painted 2 infantry and a tank for the initial setup, and I think that’ll be good for the sake of simplicity.  The maple leaf is no harder than the ANZAC crown.
    Just a British infantry with the Canadian roundel at the base, the tank is just a British tank in camo with the Canadian roundel on the back.
    I also did a Yugoslav infantry (russian mold, painted differently with the red, white, and blue roundel at the base) and a Greek infantry (british mold with a grey uniform and a blue base with a white cross ala War At Sea Greek roundel).

You need some finnish units to.

• Customizer

I’m not going to do any more nation specific units. Sorry guys - this project is already insane enough as it is, and I want to move on to some other things (like the custom cabinet box I’m going to make to store them).

Tell me what you guys think of this… I altered a Japanese mold tank for the Italian tanks… I’m not quite sold on it yet… If nothing else, I may just make a mold of the A&A:50th Italian tank and cast them.

Japanese Mold (front) and my altered version

Altered Tank vs A&A:50th Mold

Front & Back

• Customizer

@robbie358:

@cminke:

The ANZAC crown was the bane of my existence for four hours…

• is it just me or is the barrel on the Italian tank huge

• I don’t think anything that is 4mm should be considered huge  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m