Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• Customizer

@Variable:

You painted the metal cap on the canteen… You’re INSANE man!

Dehydration is a soldier’s worst enemy.

• I hate to say it, but I expected nothing less than perfection and you never disappoint. Simply awesome.

• these are perfect! simply amazing are you doing the rest of america?

• these are perfect! simply amazing are you doing the rest of america?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

these are perfect! simply amazing are you doing the rest of america?

@idk_iam_swiss:

I third that.

• Customizer

@idk_iam_swiss:

Yes. Thanks!

@idk_iam_swiss:

Yes. Thanks!

@Brain:

I third that.

Yes. Thanks!

• I know you’ve probably got enough things to do….

But i’m thinking of trying to paint my own in a similar but to a cleary inferior standard given a) i’m shit at art b) i’ve only painted giant airfix planes before and c) well i doubt there’s anyone out there that has done a better job.

Well i was hoping you could post a list of shades and equipment needed?

I understand if its trade secrets and all - given you’re going to do other peoples.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Well thanks to AllWork’s beautiful stuff, I decided to stop staring, drooling, and wanting; and decided to do something about it. So, I’ve started my own project. Not as ambitious as his, I’m painting my Guadalcanal set. Starting with Japanese bombers and transports, here’s the first of it. Just wanted to say thanks to AllWork for doing all the historical research. I’m using his stuff as a guide.

Also included is my set of Home Factories inspired by Virococchas’s work. Enjoy all-

• Very nice Variable, you should keep it up.

• Customizer

Sweetness Variable!  Especially like those factories!!!

• Great job Variable, if you need more practice, you can always paint mine.

• @i:

mine first thouge cause im spesal and hade a horrible B-Day last year

Allow me to translate:

“Mine first though, because I’m special, and I had a horrible birthday last year.”

I think that you should have a spelling contest and paint a set for the winner.

• Actually allworkandnoclay, I have question for you.

Any particular books you can recommend, you know, for references and illustrations regarding unit camos/colors, etc?

@Admiral:

Actually allworkandnoclay, I have question for you.

Any particular books you can recommend, you know, for references and illustrations regarding unit camos/colors, etc?

Good question! You beat me to it.

• @i:

@Brain:

I think that you should have a spelling contest and paint a set for the winner.

with who BD and ill lose!

Hey irock, let me introduce you to my friend:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

• @Variable:

@Admiral:

Actually allworkandnoclay, I have question for you.

Good question! You beat me to it.

I remember seeing a book series on infantry, I can’t remember the name per say, but I think it was called ‘Men at War’. I believe, or rather assumed it contained such illustrations and references. Don’t run to the bank with it though.

For the other units, (especially those naval ones) I would love to see what AWANC used.

lol, AWANC and ANZAC

Yep, the Osprey brand books have great illustrations for all periods of infantry. They don’t cover machines though, so I’ve been going off of AllWork’s stuff with my own little changes.

• I’m an american and I do not eat at Burger King. Burger King is for people who like re-heated food. It is a shame that the younger generation will never get a chance to taste how good they used to be. There are so many better choices than Burger King. I am surprised they stay in business. I guess when people are in a hurry, they will eat any crap that is put in front of them. You know the last time I was in Canada, I think I saw the same crappy fast food restaurants up there, so obviously there are Canadians eating that same garbage.

Oh well back on topic…

If I was to paint my figures they would probably look like cheeseburgers :-D

• Can’t wait to see the USN.

Yes, we are a bit overdue… Bring on the 'Mericans AllWork!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m