• What do you think about the US dropping the A-Bomb?

• If you only drop 1 and it isn’t too harmful to the enviroment, then i say yes!

• I agree it was the only thing they could have done to make Japan surrender. It was estimated that if the US was to invade Japan, it would cost anywhere from 500,000 to a million men. I don’t really agree with their targets though, Hiroshima and Nagasaki had very little strategic value to the Japanese, so when the US did bomb these cities it was nothing but terror bombing.

• @Zhukov_2003:

so when the US did bomb these cities it was nothing but terror bombing.

Isn’t all bombing “terror” bombing? It’s not really whether they hit or not, it’s simply the fact that there’s tons of explosives raining down on you that should cause you to give up.

• Lets face it, the cost in lives, both military and civilian on both sides, would of so far surpassed the amount the bomb killed that I have to agree with dropping it. However I probably would of given an A-bomb equivilant of a “Warning shot”.

• '19 Moderator

I don’t know, Imperial Japan may have considered a “warning shot” a sign of weakness. Besides we only had two.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m