• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Thank you for the Review.

It’s a bunch of Junk that this game doesn’t come with a whitehouse to sack and burn.

Typical Pro-Americanism and fear of the truth.

• I’d be interested to see where they would be inclined to place the White House in the Great Lakes region…

• The bottom of the map for the americans has pittsburgh in the west and albany in the east, but the map itself is quite small and could easily double in size and not be a large map.  But it would probably disrupt gameplay because those areas would for the most part be useless since the british probably can’t push that far from canada without leaving themselves exposed you would need a 1814 British atlantic invasion force (just like historically) to land deep into the USA and invade that area.

@Gargantua:

It’s a bunch of Junk that this game doesn’t come with a whitehouse to sack and burn.

… or a Legislative assembly and a miniature model of York to loot and burn… Just to be fair. :wink:

GG

• @Guerrilla:

@Gargantua:

… or a Legislative assembly and a miniature model of York to loot and burn… Just to be fair. :wink:

GG

lol well york is in the game so if you occupy it as the americans i’m sure you can crack some york is burning jokes.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Oh absolutely!

I’m all for Historial Representation!

But a war of 1812 game without a “washington DC” zone, is like having a “war in the Pacific” game without Hawaii/Pearl Harbour.

• I’ve been playing Columbia Games for years.  They are some of the best games I’ve ever played.  Quebec, Napoleon, 1812, Victory…the list goes on and on.  Just plain FINE products!!

• '10

Great Review!  Thank you for sharing.

• @Pacific:

I’ve been playing Columbia Games for years.  They are some of the best games I’ve ever played.  Quebec, Napoleon, 1812, Victory…the list goes on and on.  Just plain FINE products!!

Yeah I have to admit the block system is something I really like I bought hammer of the scots another columbia games product because I enjoyed 1812 I would be interested to see what alot of there games are like I imagine quite good.

• I haven’t found a clunker yet.  Unfortunately, some their games have become increasingly complicated over the years but it’s a very nice thing that they are still making the old ones for mentally stunted guys such as myself.  And some of their newest titles seem to have returned to an earlier, simpler mindset.  But Victory……now that is one of the very best games that I’ve played in my life.  It’s fun, suspensful, full of bluff and posturing.  It’s FUN!!!

• @Pacific:

I haven’t found a clunker yet.  Unfortunately, some their games have become increasingly complicated over the years but it’s a very nice thing that they are still making the old ones for mentally stunted guys such as myself.  And some of their newest titles seem to have returned to an earlier, simpler mindset.  But Victory……now that is one of the very best games that I’ve played in my life.  It’s fun, suspensful, full of bluff and posturing.  It’s FUN!!!

Pacific victory? I have taken a peak at it, it does look very interesting

• I was refering to regular ol’ Victory.  I have Pacific Victory but I haven’t played it.  It’s combat system is based on regular Victory.  It does look like an interesting game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m