• im new to a&a so i have several questions regarding this game.sorry for my ignorance if those questions are too stupid.

1.in 1vs2 or 2vs3 games,how do the sides balance out since one side outnumbers another?
    2.can land unit fire at aircrafts?
    3.is there a capacity limit to carriers and transport ships?
    4.when a tank blitzs,how many regions does this unit travel in total?2 or 4?
    5.when i bought the game,the infantries inside my game is less than the number of infantries in the setup cards.how does this happen?
    6.during an amphibious assult,the attacker may make a bombardment with cruisers and battleships but the defender can do nothing.i thought in amphibious assult attacker is the disadvantaged side in reality?

thx

• Welcome willkzhang, i’ll try to answer your questions:

1. i guess it depends on who is playing, some people play better in a team, some better alone, and some are more skilled or smart than others. Try to balance the number of players with their skills, so that both sides are more or less equal to eachother.
    Personally if it is 1 against 2, i would let the 1 player be the Allies.

2. yes

3. 1 carrier can carry up to 2 planes (fighters and/or tactical bombers)
        1 transporter can carry 1 inf + 1 other ground unit (inf/art/tank/mech/AA)

4. 2 (and the 2nd region can be a friendly one)

5. ehh…

6. the disadvantage for the attacker is that the landed ground units cannot retreat. Defenders still get to fire back (but not at the bombarding ships)

Hope this is helpful.

• ty for your reply.that was fast :-D

• @willkzhang:

im new to a&a so i have several questions regarding this game.sorry for my ignorance if those questions are too stupid.

1.in 1vs2 or 2vs3 games,how do the sides balance out since one side outnumbers another?

Lots of factors, above all individual player skill and coordination. Allies have more countries but each of the Axis is stronger individually than any of the Allies. Allies require more coordination between themselves, while the Axis can be played more independently. Allies are also better at defense than offense and vice-versa for Axis due to the number and type of starting units for each side.

5.when i bought the game,the infantries inside my game is less than the number of infantries in the setup cards.how does this happen?

Are you using the grey chips? 1 placed under any unit represents an additional unit of that type. But you can always check the piece count on the attached file.

A&A_1942.xls

• Official Q&A

@special:

3. 1 carrier can carry up to 2 planes (fighters and/or tactical bombers)
        1 transporter can carry 1 inf + 1 other ground unit (inf/art/tank/mech/AA)

Just so this is not confusing to you, willkzhang, there are no tactical bombers or mechanized infantry in this game.  Special forces is referring here to units that exist only in the Axis & Allies 1940 games.  In the 1942 edition, carriers can only carry fighters.

• @Hobbes:

@willkzhang:

im new to a&a so i have several questions regarding this game.sorry for my ignorance if those questions are too stupid.

Lots of factors, above all individual player skill and coordination. Allies have more countries but each of the Axis is stronger individually than any of the Allies. Allies require more coordination between themselves, while the Axis can be played more independently. Allies are also better at defense than offense and vice-versa for Axis due to the number and type of starting units for each side.

Are you using the grey chips? 1 placed under any unit represents an additional unit of that type. But you can always check the piece count on the attached file.

I didnt know the grey chips are for representing unit stacks.thank you.(but i ordered a bag of ussr infantries online already :-(

• @willkzhang:

I didnt know the grey chips are for representing unit stacks.thank you.(but i ordered a bag of ussr infantries online already :-(

by the way, 1 red chip = 5 gray chips

(and yes, i overlooked that there are no mechs and tacs in Spring 42, sorry about that)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m