POLL Malta: Naval Base or Air Base or Both or None

• Customizer

it should have both, and it should also have a HUGE garrison of non-moveable units (like four or five 0/3/0/6 bunkers)

• Med will look like this

med.PNG

• That map looks about right, at least within my own perspective terms.

As for the original topic, I’m hoping both the British will have both a naval and airbase on Malta, and I’m suspecting that they might have at least one fighter there as well.

• Malta only need an Airbase. Its 6 freekins islands in the Med, with both air and naval bases on all of them its gonna be freekin crowded, man

• @Razor:

Malta only need an Airbase. Its 6 freekins islands in the Med, with both air and naval bases on all of them its gonna be freekin crowded, man

I wasn’t aware the other islands were going to be included, or if they were, that they wouldn’t really be all that playable; like Iceland or Formosa in AE (though I am aware that Iceland is supposed to have a more playable role in this version).  I doubt “all of them” are going to have air and naval bases.

• @Razor:

Malta only need an Airbase. Its 6 freekins islands in the Med, with both air and naval bases on all of them its gonna be freekin crowded, man

I can see your point, and I do sympathize. However, I still envision Malta having a naval base setup, and only for the quick ferrying of British troops in and out of the Mediterranean. If not, I guess that just means the players must make a ‘dedicated push’ as Larry said early.

• @Admiral:

@Razor:

I can see your point, and I do sympathize. However, I still envision Malta having a naval base setup, and only for the quick ferrying of British troops in and out of the Mediterranean. If not, I guess that just means the players must make a ‘dedicated push’ as Larry said early.

If the Med is 5 or less spaces wide, a NB on Malta would allow ships near Malta to exit the Med on either side(If they control the appropriate passageway).

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Admiral:

@Razor:

If the Med is 5 or less spaces wide, a NB on Malta would allow ships near Malta to exit the Med on either side(If they control the appropriate passageway).

Do you necessarily see this as a problem?

• @Admiral:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Admiral:

@Razor:

Do you necessarily see this as a problem?

I don’t know; I guess it’s just weird for me to see british ships able to move from Malta to the Red Sea

• I can understand that, it is a bit of an oddity, but it would give the Allies a strategic advantage to get units into that area, whether it be Malta, or the Mediterranean in general.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m