ABattlemap P40 module v3.2 is here!

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

@Stoney229:

I’m guessing you renamed the Version 3.1 .GIM directory to something other than “P40.gim” so that you wouldn’t have to delete the existing P40.gim.  Am I right?  The problem is, the “Start.AAM” file was created with a “P40.gim” module, so that’s what it looks for and uses when you “open” the file, even from the “New” menu.  The reason (at least ostensibly) the directory name is a part of the .AAM files (which is the file-type used for save files, including setups), is so that opening a save file (File>Open) will work regardless what module you currently have open.  Make sense?  Anyway… if you want to install both modules simultaneously, it could be done, but it would be a little complicated.

Yeah, I had them both installed, and the reasoning for why it opened the other map makes sense now. :-)  Thanks.  Your module is much nicer than Atti’s (I think I can say that here without angering anyone right? :wink:), at least in my opinion.

Thanks!  I don’t think anyone, including Atti, will care.

• '10

If I still wanted to work off the beta module but use your updated 3.1 map I assume I would just have to copy the map file and overwrite the beta map.

• @Battlingmaxo:

If I still wanted to work off the beta module but use your updated 3.1 map I assume I would just have to copy the map file and overwrite the beta map.

Yes, you could do that, depending what it is you want in the BETA module.  It will change the displayed image only (I’m assuming you’re talking about “Map.bmp”, not “SectorInfo.map” or anything else) - it won’t change the location of of sectors or anything else.  For example, you will be able to see the new “UK/ANZAC At War” box, but the module will still think that location is a part of the himalayas, so the box doesn’t function as a separate sector.  It won’t break anything, so feel free to do it and I think you will see what I’m talking about.  If you tell me why you are wanting to use the BETA module and what features from the new module you are wanting to utilize, I may be able to suggest a better option.

If you are still involved in a game using the BETA module and want to continue the game with the updated module, I recommend that [all] the players of the game follow the instructions for “upgrading a previously installed module to the new one” in the third post.

• I haven’t had the chance to really mess with this to find any bugs, however; my recommendation for the final release would be to change the Kanji for Kamikazes from their present dark blue color to red as this will make them more visible.

• @a44bigdog:

I haven’t had the chance to really mess with this to find any bugs, however; my recommendation for the final release would be to change the Kanji for Kamikazes from their present dark blue color to red as this will make them more visible.

Thanks for the suggestion.  That would take some time, since I hand-drew the toolpiece.  If you want to make and upload one that other people like, I would be happy to include it.

• Ok for some reason I can no longer find my saved files when I go to attach them?  I can find the save files normally but when I go to additional options to attach the file to a post its like they do not exist?  I can download them and open the files just fine, so am I going crazy?

• @Danger:

Ok for some reason I can no longer find my saved files when I go to attach them?  I can find the save files normally but when I go to additional options to attach the file to a post its like they do not exist?  I can download them and open the files just fine, so am I going crazy?

So the trouble is not specifically uploading the files, but actually finding (or “seeing”) the files in the “File Upload” window, am I right? If you know you are browsing to the right location, they should appear in that “File Upload” window as usual (I checked on mine and can view my .AAM files in the window as normal).  Note that the “File Type” field should say “All Files”, but I’m pretty sure that should be your only option there.  Can you see other files in the upload window?  Perhaps you can place a file type which you know you will be able to see in the same folder as your save files, and then when you try to navigate to the folder in the upload window you will be able to see if you are viewing the wrong folder or if there is something about the folder that is hiding all the files it contains, or if there is something about the svae (.AAM) files that are causing them to be unseen.  Let me know what you find out.

• Oddly enough I created a new file to save my map files to and now I can upload them?  I just created a file called P40 and saved my files to that location and for some reason beyond me it worked.  I can open everything just as I have a hundred times before but since I downloaded the new abattlemap file its like they just dont exist when I go to attach it to a post, yet I can go look up the files outside of the A&A.org forumn and there they are like nothing is wrong.  I’m not sure whats wrong but I have found a solution of sorts.

• @Danger:

Oddly enough I created a new file to save my map files to and now I can upload them?  I just created a file called P40 and saved my files to that location and for some reason beyond me it worked.  I can open everything just as I have a hundred times before but since I downloaded the new abattlemap file its like they just dont exist when I go to attach it to a post, yet I can go look up the files outside of the A&A.org forumn and there they are like nothing is wrong.  I’m not sure whats wrong but I have found a solution of sorts.

Glad you got it to work.  The new version of the program wouldn’t be the culprit here… unless the problem is only with files saved using the new program.

• Probably just some file that did not download correctly causing the problem.

• I downloaded the new version of Abattlemap and your P40 module. But, when I open the p40 module, all I get are 3 small windows. How am I supposed to do it?

• Also, when I try to open AAM files, I get gibberish in Notepad since I selected notepad to open AAM files instead of the proper program. Do you know how I can go back to the proper program?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I downloaded the new version of Abattlemap and your P40 module. But, when I open the p40 module, all I get are 3 small windows. How am I supposed to do it?

Did you install the older version ABattlemap .79f before replacing the .exe with the newest version?

@calvinhobbesliker:

Also, when I try to open AAM files, I get gibberish in Notepad since I selected notepad to open AAM files instead of the proper program. Do you know how I can go back to the proper program?

In Windows XP: right-click the .AAM.  Mouse over “Open With”, select “Choose Program…”, check “Always use the selected program…”, and then find or browse for your ABattlemap .EXE and select it.

I am curious - what is your avatar supposed to be?

• I tried opening some P40 game files, and they opened with the classical axis and allies module.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I tried opening some P40 game files, and they opened with the classical axis and allies module.

Right now double-clicking on .AAM files will only open ABattlemap, it will not open the file itself.  To open a properly installed P40 module, you have to use the “New” menu and select “Pacific 1940 v3.1”.  To open a save file, you have to use the “File” menu and select “open”.  Is this the same issue as you were describing before?  Were my other suggestions helpful to you at all?  What have you tried?  If you want to let me know more of what is going on, I will better be able to help you and/or others who may experience the same problems.  Thanks!

• @Stoney229:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I tried opening some P40 game files, and they opened with the classical axis and allies module.

Right now double-clicking on .AAM files will only open ABattlemap, it will not open the file itself.  To open a properly installed P40 module, you have to use the “New” menu and select “Pacific 1940 v3.1”.  To open a save file, you have to use the “File” menu and select “open”.  Is this the same issue as you were describing before?  Were my other suggestions helpful to you at all?  What have you tried?  If you want to let me know more of what is going on, I will better be able to help you and/or others who may experience the same problems.  Thanks!

You told be to open the pacific module with abattlemap.exe, and when I did, that’s what happened

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Stoney229:

@calvinhobbesliker:

You told be to open the pacific module with abattlemap.exe, and when I did, that’s what happened

Not sure what you are saying.  Are you still having trouble with something?

• FYI, I’ve uploaded a newly updated version.  It’s a minor update and is fully compatible with v3.1.

-removed pieces in sz 52
    -included Tutorial 1_0.pdf in download package
    -changed MIC cost from “30” to “30/20”
    -made “USA NO (Oki + Iwo)” income calculation automatic, like most other NOs
    -changed name of “Mechanized Infantry” to “Improved Mechanized Infantry”

As always, let me know if you find any errors, etc.

• Stoney/Anyone - Can someone walk me through the step by step process for installing A&A Europe 1940 battlemap? I’ve played A&A using the battlemaps before but for some reason the install isn’t working for A&A Europe 1940. I’d rather just do a fresh install. So, if you can walk me through that process, I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

• @Commando:

Stoney/Anyone - Can someone walk me through the step by step process for installing A&A Europe 1940 battlemap? I’ve played A&A using the battlemaps before but for some reason the install isn’t working for A&A Europe 1940. I’d rather just do a fresh install. So, if you can walk me through that process, I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

I am not aware of any module anyone has created for AAE40 (yet).  Where are you downloading this module?  Do you mean the Global module?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m