USA in global only get 30 IPC in war NO

• if the US gets too much then we will quickly be complaining about how the US is overpowered.  We have to remember that there will likely be changes right up to the release date and then after as well and then fixes sent out to those who recognize it and correctly point it out.
      Maybe they will just send a little chip with a 30 on it to put over the W-US 40…

• Maybe. But I’m also pissed b/c I bet $5 with a friend of mine that the U.S. would get over 100 ipcs when at war with all of their territories and no NOs. I thought it was a sure gain of 5 bucks.  :x

• @The:

Maybe. But I’m also pissed b/c I bet $5 with a friend of mine that the U.S. would get over 100 ipcs when at war with all of their territories and no NOs. I thought it was a sure gain of 5 bucks.  :x

Well maybe Larry will change the rules if you split the winnings with him. I am sure he could use a couple extra bucks.

• @Brain:

@The:

Maybe. But I’m also pissed b/c I bet $5 with a friend of mine that the U.S. would get over 100 ipcs when at war with all of their territories and no NOs. I thought it was a sure gain of 5 bucks.  :x

Well maybe Larry will change the rules if you split the winnings with him. I am sure he could use a couple extra bucks.

Larry, $2 in it for you if you add 20 IPC’s to the US. Screw game balance, you could buy yourself a double cheeseburger!

• @Razor:

Larry told in his forum, and this is also quoted in the fact thread above, that in the global game USA will only get a wartime bonus of 30 IPC. That means USA will get a total of 80 IPC when at war, to spend as he likes, either all in one theater or a little here and a little there. This is the facts.

Now some players complains that Japan always win in AA40 Pacific, and that is when USA get 40 IPC in war bonus. How do you think this will effect play ? Will Japan get even harder to kill ?

You got to remember that there will be several forces in those Russian territories above Manchuria.  There will be an IC in S.Africa and possilbly a W.Indian territory with some forces.  If US made 100+ Axis would be dead by round 5.  80+ will turn out to be just right.

• Consider this….In P40 US makes a steady 55…
    In Global 40, you will be making 80+

So you can split 40/40, 30/50, 60/20…whatever you like
    Even dump 80/0

In Pacific, you cant dump 80…because you dont have it, however. You get the benifit of the Lions Share of the US economy to make up for this.

Long story short…since you cant spend 80 in the pacific at once, you get to spend 55 instead.

• What I don’t understand is how the US is going to have enough territories to be earning 50 IPCs without the 30 IPC wartime NO to have a total of 80+ while at war.

In Pacific they don’t earn that much, and I can’t see Larry increasing the IPC value of the other US territories (EUS and CUS are only 18 IPCs together, while Panama, Brazil, and Cuba are 5 IPCs together) when WUS is still worth 10 IPCs in Pacific like it always has been.

I suppose they could be earning extra from an NO for controlling all the contiguous US territories like in AA50 (which they wouldn’t be able to do in either Pacific or Europe individually) that would also help to make up the difference between the +40 IPC wartime NO in Pacific and whatever wartime NO they’ll get only in Europe.  However, in AA50 that NO was only worth 5 IPCs.

That would mean the US is making 17 IPCs from the Pacific map (assuming Japan hasn’t taken the Philippines yet), 23 from Europe map, 5 from the North America NO, and 30 from the wartime NO; giving a total of 75 IPCs.  I suppose the North America NO could be 10 IPCs instead, but considering that Japan is still probably going to have the Philippines while the US is at war, that would still put the US below 80 IPCs, not above.

Perhaps there will be extra islands in the Caribbean that will be worth a few IPCs to get the US above 80, but short of that or some extra US NO on the Europe side (which there is no precedent for from AA50) I still don’t completely understand. :|

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

It’s possible that EUS would be worth 15 instead of 10, putting your total at 82. Another possibility is Larry’s comment about the Middle East… US income from that somehow? Maybe…

• @Variable:

It’s possible that EUS would be worth 15 instead of 10, putting your total at 82. Another possibility is Larry’s comment about the Middle East… US income from that somehow? Maybe…

EUS is actually usually worth 12 IPCs, but I suppose that’s a possibility also.  However, I added wrong for the contiguous US, since EUS is worth 12 IPC and CUS is worth 6 usually, that makes those two worth 18 together, not 20. edited above post  So if EUS was worth 15 that would take the grand total to 78 IPCs actually.

However, what comment of Larry’s are you referring to with the Middle East?  I know he’s talked about greater value there and such, but I still wasn’t aware of any possible US presence anywhere other than the Americas + Philippines as usual.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@SilverAngelSurfer:

@Variable:

EUS is actually usually worth 12 IPCs, but I suppose that’s a possibility also.  However, I added wrong for the contiguous US, since EUS is worth 12 IPC and CUS is worth 6 usually, that makes those two worth 18 together, not 20. edited above post  So if EUS was worth 15 that would take the grand total to 78 IPCs actually.

However, what comment of Larry’s are you referring to with the Middle East?  I know he’s talked about greater value there and such, but I still wasn’t aware of any possible US presence anywhere other than the Americas + Philippines as usual.

Just PURE SPECULATION on my part with the Middle East. I’m just saying the we know it will be controlled by UK to start and has a big bulls-eye painted on it by the Germans/Italians. I was just wondering if Allies holding the ME gives the US some kind of income bonus. It would be a reason for the US to get involved in that part of the war where we typically don’t see them.

• @Variable:

Just PURE SPECULATION on my part with the Middle East. I’m just saying the we know it will be controlled by UK to start and has a big bulls-eye painted on it by the Germans/Italians. I was just wondering if Allies holding the ME gives the US some kind of income bonus. It would be a reason for the US to get involved in that part of the war where we typically don’t see them.

That’s true, but with Larry there would have to be a historical reason for there to be a US NO there, and I don’t think the US was really all that involved in the Middle East in WW2, were they?  The NOs all help guide the game into a more historical pattern since there were economic/political/etc. reasons the countries did what they did that aren’t otherwise easy to represent in A&A game mechanics.

I guess perhaps it could represent resources in the Middle East that the US and Allies needed economically…  In which case it should be a multi-country-NO for the Allies like the France one in AA50.

• Where’s the original link to this info?
    I haven’t actually seen confirmation of this anywhere on LH’s site yet.

• USA could be 80 or 100 IPC, it really depends on what the other countries are going to start with.

• @Brain:

USA could be 80 or 100 IPC, it really depends on what the other countries are going to start with.

Well, yeah.  I understand the amount of IPCs is really relative to the whole of the game, but it can’t go up too much or it will make the cheaper pieces too commonplace, though I suppose with all the newer expensive pieces it’s probably necessary for the overall game economy.

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

@Brain:

USA could be 80 or 100 IPC, it really depends on what the other countries are going to start with.

Well, yeah.  I understand the amount of IPCs is really relative to the whole of the game, but it can’t go up too much or it will make the cheaper pieces too commonplace, though I suppose with all the newer expensive pieces it’s probably necessary for the overall game economy.

And now there are more territories to occupy.

• Oh my goodness. You chaps are complaining about it! Have you seen the board? Have you playtested it? I am convinced that there is a way around J1 attack.

• I have not seen the actual global board, since I am not an official playtester, nor am I a chimp employed by WOTC, so I coudnt possible have seen it, butt based on my deep analyzes I figure the J1 attack will break the global game too. I will now quit playing A&A and start mountain climbing full time and hope you all will join me.

• @Razor:

I have not seen the actual global board, since I am not an official playtester, nor am I a chimp employed by WOTC, so I coudnt possible have seen it, butt based on my deep analyzes I figure the J1 attack will break the global game too. I will now quit playing A&A and start mountain climbing full time and hope you all will join me.

Sounds good.

• @Razor:

I have not seen the actual global board, since I am not an official playtester, nor am I a chimp employed by WOTC, so I coudnt possible have seen it, butt based on my deep analyzes I figure the J1 attack will break the global game too. I will now quit playing A&A and start mountain climbing full time and hope you all will join me.

I am going to miss you and all of your alter-egos.

• J1 attack wont break the game because

J1 attack activates US in the atlantic, making UK likeley impossible to take on G2+
    J1 attack activates US economy 1-2 turns before Germany and Italy are ready to deal with
    Japan can not leave Manchuria/Korea empty as in most J1 attacks because there will be russians on the border.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m