• I am all for that, I just thought we could start with one at a time, but you’re right. Like I said somewhere else today, we need an advanced version of A&A.

• My requests:
    1. Railways
    2. Lend Lease

For these first two, you can see my posts under the appropriate headings.

3. Britain continues post Sealion.
    4. Vichy France & Free French rules.
    5. An initiative roll when one side in a battle are submarines only, so that subs can submerge or even move one zone to avoid a battle if they win initiative. This would force the anti-submarine (ASW) forces to spread out and cover more sea zones and not concentrate on one spot.  Knowing exactly where the sub is sets up quick kills and a short sub campaign, which is extremely unrealistic.  (I do like the new convoy rules of AAP40, but we need convoys in mid-ocean for the Atlantic.)

As for an Advanced A&A, I thought that is what house rules are for.  It would have to be more formal than simply sending in house rules to the forum (which has its place, of course).  House rule contributions would have to be placed in the appropriate section of the Advanced Rules by a moderator/controller/editor.  One of his/her responsibilities would be to cross-reference where one house rule negates or conflicts with an original rule or another house rule.  Yeah, it could get pretty messy and time consuming. Oh right, like wargaming isn’t already time consuming?  Anyway, my sarcasm, aside, I would appreciate response to my ideas.

• My only request is that they do a little more proofreading and pre flight checks!

• @spectre_04:

My only request is that they do a little more proofreading and pre flight checks!

Why should they do that when they can use us for free.

• @mike55:

5. An initiative roll when one side in a battle are submarines only, so that subs can submerge or even move one zone to avoid a battle if they win initiative. This would force the anti-submarine (ASW) forces to spread out and cover more sea zones and not concentrate on one spot.  Knowing exactly where the sub is sets up quick kills and a short sub campaign, which is extremely unrealistic.  (I do like the new convoy rules of AAP40, but we need convoys in mid-ocean for the Atlantic.)

I like it; although the sub rules have confused many novices/newcomers with its special abilities over the years, I still welcome a rule similar to this.

Why?

I checked the other day and forgot that the original Europe gave Germany a whopping 10 U-boats to begin with but they all ended up at the bottom of the Atlantic in about 2 rounds…sigh  :roll:

• A more epic north Africa. One were Germany or Italy can’t take Egypt turn one.
    A better battle of the atlantic. Something with Canada so the UK is forced to build units there so they have to be shipped over.
    Better neutrals rules. I don’t just want to invade neutrals I want to get there ipc’s and there empire to go to war with my enemy.
    Lastly vichy france

• @finnman:

I don’t just want to invade neutrals I want to get there ipc’s and there empire to go to war with my enemy.

Speaking of… Mongolia being worth nothing was just an exception right? It was b/c something about not really worth much, and their troops can’t attack b/c they’re just tribes right? But for countries like Sweden and Spain, they will actually fight and be worth something, right?

• @The:

@finnman:

I don’t just want to invade neutrals I want to get there ipc’s and there empire to go to war with my enemy.

Speaking of… Mongolia being worth nothing was just an exception right? It was b/c something about not really worth much, and their troops can’t attack b/c they’re just tribes right? But for countries like Sweden and Spain, they will actually fight and be worth something, right?

I would hope it’s exception but I’m really not sure.

• Spain and Sweden should definitely have IPC value.

• Why spain? arent they spent from their own civil war?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Why spain? arent they spent from their own civil war?

People wise that’s a maybe at best. Resources would be pretty much unaffected though. And from the history that I’ve had, I think that Spain should be a pro-axis neutral (correct me if I’m wrong) b/c the side that the axis supported won the war.

• There was an Advanced Europe game that gave Spain and Sweden IPC values. See for yourself here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/68400/axis-allies-europe?size=large

• @Brain:

There was an Advanced Europe game that gave Spain and Sweden IPC values. See for yourself here:

Interesting. AAE1940 will dominate trump that 10x over though. I can’t wait. Although, will anyone play AAE1940? Once if any? I know that I will almost definitely go straight to global.

• @The:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Why spain? arent they spent from their own civil war?

People wise that’s a maybe at best. Resources would be pretty much unaffected though. And from the history that I’ve had, I think that Spain should be a pro-axis neutral (correct me if I’m wrong) b/c the side that the axis supported won the war.

Plus China had a civil war going at the time too, and their territories get IPC values…

• @The:

@Brain:

There was an Advanced Europe game that gave Spain and Sweden IPC values. See for yourself here:

Interesting. AAE1940 will dominate trump that 10x over though. I can’t wait. Although, will anyone play AAE1940? Once if any? I know that I will almost definitely go straight to global.

I’ll play Europe separately first, just to get a feel for it and how it ‘connects’ to Pacific. After I’m sure of the rules, et cetera, I’ll combine the monsters together for a global conflict.

• @The:

@Brain:

I think that I will play Europe by itself at least once first.

• Due to time limit, we are likely going to play the separate games alot. But when we can, say vacations, of course we will give a try at the global

Robert

ps : Oh, i’m not talking about forum gameplay, only Face to face. Online, no problem with global. We just need to wait for a release of abattlemap

• I wonder how long a global game will take.

• we’ve played games of AA50 for over 10 hours and haven’t been able to finish. 5 hours or so in Pacific 40 before someone concede, but never with a clear victory

Say you give someone uk and he gets crushed by Japan early. You have to understand that person that he doesn’t want to continue to play…

• We played Pac 40 w/4 players the 1st time. You quickly find out that more then 3 players is not ideal. UK & Anz are to minor of powers to be any fun if played by different people. Together its not so bad (3 player game). Even then if one gets knocked out chances are the other is not very strong, but at least your still able to do something. You can also look forward to aiding in your own liberation.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m