• I’m not sure if it would make a difference with WotC, but I’ve had a problem with <popular electronics=“” store=“”>before (basically saying X product would be available on Tuesday in limited numbers, only to arrive on Tuesday morning and being told it sold out on Monday).

It wasn’t a huge deal, it was a PC game that came on a single dvd versus 6 cds, but I was annoyed at the lie/misleading nature of the advertisement.

Anyways, my point is I sent multiple emails to their customer service and kept getting nowhere. 
    Finally I just wrote a physical letter to their complaint department, I stated my concerns and frustrations clearly.  I didn’t think much of it, but then about 3 weeks later I got a letter back apologizing for the situation and a gift card in the amount of the game.  Sure I still got stuck with the 6 cds instead of the single dvd, but at that point I at least felt the company did care and wanted to make some amends.

I plan on sending a physical letter to WotC, might not get anywhere, but the small change to send it is worth the chance.</popular>

• KEEP ON TRYING Y’ALL…SOONER OR LATER WOTC WILL COME THROUGH!!!

• Out of the many brave souls that have taken on WOTC I count only 2 have been succesful. Im not discouraged though Ima keep on trying.

• @molinar13:

Out of the many brave souls that have taken on WOTC I count only 2 have been succesful. Im not discouraged though Ima keep on trying.

Right on!

• Hi all,

Only 2 have received extra tac bombers? Wow.

I can only hope that if enough people are sending in letters, emails etc. that WOTC will finally try to fine tune these products more before release. And not skimp on the plastic parts as they always do.

Having enough plastic chips and spare pieces is usually not an issue for most of us who own every AA game out there. I have combined most of my old pacific pieces with AAP40, and will do the same with Europe when it arrives……except for these tac bombers. I hope for Europe they give more than 6 of the tac bombers and mec infantry, because Germany and Russia will be using those heavily I think.

I know WOTC does not have a good track record for listening to us, but hopefully some of this will sink in.

And good luck to everyone else trying to get extra pieces!!! Post if you get 'em.

• I play a game called Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear. My dog got ahold of one of the pieces and it was beyond playable and chewed up really good. I sent an email to the company, which the game creator responds to, and asked how I can order a replacement piece. He asked for my address and said he would get the piece from one of his games and mailed it to me. That is great customer service.

• I too sent an email this morning.  I am sure my response will be quite scripted by now but I will let you know what they say when they respond.  I don’t know if they tried to push the game quickly into production to meet the December release but for a game of this magnitude and price it is totally unacceptable to me that chips are limited, Japanese Tac Bombers are less than needed in numbers, incorrect battle strips are included, set up boxes are printed incorrectly, factories are now cardboard pieces etc etc.  What I would like to think is that WOTC will make up for all of this with the release of AAE40.  That is probably the easiest way to make their fan base happy, make up for it with AAE40……SOMEHOW.

Now, lets go play some more AAP40 and eat a bowl of cereal.

Regards,
    Captain Crunch

• @Captain:

I too sent an email this morning.  I am sure my response will be quite scripted by now but I will let you know what they say when they respond.  I don’t know if they tried to push the game quickly into production to meet the December release but for a game of this magnitude and price it is totally unacceptable to me that chips are limited, Japanese Tac Bombers are less than needed in numbers, incorrect battle strips are included, set up boxes are printed incorrectly, factories are now cardboard pieces etc etc.  What I would like to think is that WOTC will make up for all of this with the release of AAE40.  That is probably the easiest way to make their fan base happy, make up for it with AAE40……SOMEHOW.

Now, lets go play some more AAP40 and eat a bowl of cereal.

Regards,
    Captain Crunch

I got scripted responses for every email that I sent to WotC but hopefully they will make it right and send some Japanese tac bombers when they send out the correct battle strips next month. I am guessing that these issues will not be in AAE40 since they have time between now and the release date to get all the kinks worked out. Hopefully all the emails that they have been receiving will make them take a little longer to double check everything before they send it to be produced. Larry has asked us to be patient and see what WotC will do in regards to the issues with AAP40.

The email that I referenced in the last post was to a company called Academy Games.

• I hope it’s an unjustified fear, but I started thinking about all the Japan Tactical Bomber responses and the whole setup cards not being available until Feb.

It didn’t make sense, they know specifically what is wrong with the setup cards, so issuing new ones shouldn’t be a big deal.  What concerns me is that they’ve been “in touch” with the game deal on how to handle the Japan Tactical Bomber issue.

So…is it wrong to think there is the possibility of WotC simply redoing the Japan layout to use fewer tactical bombers and thus remove the shortage issue without having to make more?

IE adapt the game to the shortage to eliminate the shortage.

• @valthonis:

I hope it’s an unjustified fear, but I started thinking about all the Japan Tactical Bomber responses and the whole setup cards not being available until Feb.

It didn’t make sense, they know specifically what is wrong with the setup cards, so issuing new ones shouldn’t be a big deal.  What concerns me is that they’ve been “in touch” with the game deal on how to handle the Japan Tactical Bomber issue.

So…is it wrong to think there is the possibility of WotC simply redoing the Japan layout to use fewer tactical bombers and thus remove the shortage issue without having to make more?

IE adapt the game to the shortage to eliminate the shortage.

That is a very viable option which I have not thought of before. I just sent them an email to see how the investigation is going about the Japanese tactical bombers and told them I hope it turns out favorable to the fans that have already purchased the game. For now I am using the yellow Japanese fighters from the MB version as Japanese tactical bombers in AAP40.

• @skinny1:

I just sent them an email to see how the investigation is going about the Japanese tactical bombers and told them I hope it turns out favorable to the fans that have already purchased the game. For now I am using the yellow Japanese fighters from the MB version as Japanese tactical bombers in AAP40.

I think this fits the definition of low luck

• @Bizarro:

@skinny1:

I just sent them an email to see how the investigation is going about the Japanese tactical bombers and told them I hope it turns out favorable to the fans that have already purchased the game. For now I am using the yellow Japanese fighters from the MB version as Japanese tactical bombers in AAP40.

I think this fits the definition of low luck

Here is the response that I got from WotC:

We do not yet have an update regarding this issue, but we are aware of the fans’ concerns and are still investigating our options. We very much appreciate your patience in this matter and we assure you that when more information is available, we will get it to the public.

• To revamp an old topic….* fingers crossed *

_Dear,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Axis and allies Pacific. At this
    time we are unable to answer your question as we are awaiting a reply
    from our American office regarding the possible solutions.

We have stored your e-mail and will definitely get back to you but we
    wanted to let you know that we aren’t ignoring your call. We take high
    pride in our products and want to make sure we can accommodate you as
    soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Joery Van Nevel

WPN Support Coordinator
    Distributor Markets
    Wizards of the Coast Europe

–—Original Message-----
    Sent: donderdag 21 januari 2010 12:57
    To: BRU custserv
    Subject: Battleboard Axis & allies Pac40 and other concerns

Dear sir/madam,

recently I bought “Axis and Allies, Pacific 1940.”
    I have stumbled upon several errors in the game, that make playing it a
    lot harder. While browsing the internet, it turns out I am not the only
    one facing these issues, and that Wizards of the Coast is able to solve
    these issues.

With this mail I would like to request you to:

• Send me a new battleboard. The included battleboard is that of a
      previous Axis and Allies version.
    • Elaborate on the Japanese TAC bomber issues. As it turns out, there
      are not enough units for this type to decently play the game. I am not
      the only one expressing my concerns about this (apart from the various
      typos, the misprints on the setup cards of ANZAC and USA etc), and I
      hope Wizards of the Coast finds a decent way to solve this problem for
      their fan base.

The battleboard can be sent to the following adress:

I hope you will take these concerns in consideration, and would
    appreciate it very much if your company would decide to send out more
    units to their loyal fans.

Kind regards,

***_

• I whole heartedly believe that WotC will simply adjust the setup cards to leave an extra unit or two.  That way it doesn’t cost them more than the incorrect setup cards they’re already planning to send out.

• I think there’s virtually zero chance they will adjust the setup. They will eventually make 6 more Japanese TACs available. Maybe including them in E40 and sending them to those who ask. However, they won’t be manufactured until they make the TACs for Europe, if they haven’t made those yet.

• @moompix:

I think there’s virtually zero chance they will adjust the setup. They will eventually make 6 more Japanese TACs available. Maybe including them in E40 and sending them to those who ask. However, they won’t be manufactured until they make the TACs for Europe, if they haven’t made those yet.

Why couldn’t WotC send them out with the new battle strip in February when they said the battle strip will be sent? I would much rather prefer that than wait until AAE40 is released. I think it would be a better decision to send them sooner than later to keep the fan base happy.

• @moompix:

I think there’s virtually zero chance they will adjust the setup. They will eventually make 6 more Japanese TACs available. Maybe including them in E40 and sending them to those who ask. However, they won’t be manufactured until they make the TACs for Europe, if they haven’t made those yet.

You think or you hope?
    I mean from a WotC business point of view which makes more sense to them?  Reprint setup cards and send out more units or reprint setup cards?  Yes you can argue “What about the fans!?”.  I highly doubt they really care.  At the end of the day if their are enough pieces to play the game and a decent ruleset, people will play.

They certainly won’t be including any extra japan tac bombers in AAE40, wouldn’t make any sense.  Sure for those that bought AAP40 and have need of more units perhaps, but not everyone is going to own both and it would be a waste of money for them to include stuff in a game for a different game.

• @valthonis:

You think or you hope?
    I mean from a WotC business point of view which makes more sense to them?  Reprint setup cards and send out more units or reprint setup cards?

I think.

I haven’t heard anything about them sending out new setup cards. I’ve heard of new Battle Boards.

• @skinny1:

Why couldn’t WotC send them out with the new battle strip in February when they said the battle strip will be sent? I would much rather prefer that than wait until AAE40 is released. I think it would be a better decision to send them sooner than later to keep the fan base happy.

The cost of making the Japanese TACs, would be a lot higher than if they wait and make them when they were planing to make others anyway. The ideal time to make them would be when they do a second print run of this game, if they were planing to or needed to. Second best time would be when they make the TACs for Europe.

• Just give up like we did and paint the anzac tac bombers white, use them on the ground.  keep the originals for the carriers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m