South America Has Troubles, Too …

• Hmmmm… sort of reminds me of the time the CIA staged a coup to oust a recently elected “president” of Guatemala(?) just because he was a communist (or held heavy leftist views). They were successful in taking out the perfectly legitimate president and replaced him with a cruel dictator that held capitalist views. No very smart, I’d say. :-?

• ah the stupid things the CIA does

• @GeZe:

ah the stupid things the CIA does

Well, they kind of keep your economy running :)
    They install some puppet regimes or support some dictators, then the US army sells its outdated stuff to them, which means the army has to get new stuff (great investment program). After 10 years or so, you use the new stuff to bomb the heck out of that ex-friend (perfect testing ground for yet another generation of weapons) …. and need to restock your ammo depot (another good investment program)…

Isn’t that the way it usually goes ;) ?

• You forget to mention the capitalist profit from it. :wink:

• All I have to say about the CIA… Bay of Pigs, and the “Beard incident”

• @TG:

Argentina, along with Venezuela, are the key to the coming Communist Revolution in South America and eventually the world. If only the native would realize this… the quality of life…

Moses, the Communist revolution in S. America failed just like it failed in Turkey and Greece.

• It wasn’t even a communist revoltion is begin with. And I will not say yet that the current reform has failed. Communism is what offers the best solution…

• Real comunism or ideal comunisum?

• Communism is dying all over the world.

• what about China

• @GeZe:

Real comunism or ideal comunisum?

now now.
    you know its inappropriate to apply a theoretical utopian idea to reality. Just because real communism sucks in real life just about everywhere for the people who are not in power, doesn’t meant that ideal communism would suck too. My feeling is that it would tho’.

• It’s dying there too. The PRC won’t last long.

• it will, the pop. doesnt realy care who is in power

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m