DAY OF DEFEAT/DAY OF DEFEAT: SOURCE

• Since this is the thread me and IL argued between DoD and CoD I decided to post here.

Although the new CoD3 game looks like itll have the same SP (which was the whole reason I said it was going to suck) I was happy to see that CoD3 will have a very good MP and I now have a renewed hope for this game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2650

The MP will have the same concepts as the CoD United offensive (about damn time!!), using jeeps, tanks, mobile MG’s, and the ranking system.  I was happy about that, after CoD 2’s dissapointing MP being so plain after they made such a kick ass MP in CoD UO.  So now that they were on the right track, I was even more surprised to hear that they were implementing some concepts from other games.  Now there are going to be different classes, much like in RTCW or the Battlefield series.  There will be classes that can heal you (medic), give you ammo, destroy tanks (bazooka/panzerfaust), or can call artillery (sniper).  Also there will be a class that can deploy landmines to cover certain areas (much like Wolf ET.)  Mobile MG’s can be set up on any surface and you can fire them while standing up (much like DoD.)  Im glad to see that they are finally making a good game using concepts from here and there to finally make a bad ass MP.  Cant wait for its release.  :wink:

• @MechanizedWarfare:

Since this is the thread me and IL argued between DoD and CoD I decided to post here.

Although the new CoD3 game looks like itll have the same SP (which was the whole reason I said it was going to suck) I was happy to see that CoD3 will have a very good MP and I now have a renewed hope for this game.

The MP will have the same concepts as the CoD United offensive (about damn time!!), using jeeps, tanks, mobile MG’s, and the ranking system.  I was happy about that, after CoD 2’s dissapointing MP being so plain after they made such a kick a** MP in CoD UO.  So now that they were on the right track, I was even more surprised to hear that they were implementing some concepts from other games.  Now there are going to be different classes, much like in RTCW or the Battlefield series.  There will be classes that can heal you (medic), give you ammo, destroy tanks (bazooka/panzerfaust), or can call artillery (sniper).  Also there will be a class that can deploy landmines to cover certain areas (much like Wolf ET.)  Mobile MG’s can be set up on any surface and you can fire them while standing up (much like DoD.)  Im glad to see that they are finally making a good game using concepts from here and there to finally make a bad a** MP.  Cant wait for its release.  :wink:

Never got to play COD2 multiplayer.  UO was fun, and the original was great - but I think many people were looking for more from the original than taking the vehicle route.  I don’t know what to think.  I loved the original, but it’s starting to sound like the battlefield series (which is good, but I don’t need another).

• @Jermofoot:

@MechanizedWarfare:

Since this is the thread me and IL argued between DoD and CoD I decided to post here.

The MP will have the same concepts as the CoD United offensive (about damn time!!), using jeeps, tanks, mobile MG’s, and the ranking system.  I was happy about that, after CoD 2’s dissapointing MP being so plain after they made such a kick a** MP in CoD UO.  So now that they were on the right track, I was even more surprised to hear that they were implementing some concepts from other games.  Now there are going to be different classes, much like in RTCW or the Battlefield series.  There will be classes that can heal you (medic), give you ammo, destroy tanks (bazooka/panzerfaust), or can call artillery (sniper).  Also there will be a class that can deploy landmines to cover certain areas (much like Wolf ET.)  Mobile MG’s can be set up on any surface and you can fire them while standing up (much like DoD.)  Im glad to see that they are finally making a good game using concepts from here and there to finally make a bad a** MP.  Cant wait for its release.  :wink:

Never got to play COD2 multiplayer.  UO was fun, and the original was great - but I think many people were looking for more from the original than taking the vehicle route.  I don’t know what to think.  I loved the original, but it’s starting to sound like the battlefield series (which is good, but I don’t need another).

Well the only thing that would probaly beat CoD 3 is if Dice decided to go back and do WWII and make it even awesomer.  Then without a doubt I probaly wont play CoD 3 cause id be so damn addicted to flying.  :-D

• 2007 AAR League

RO is not as fun as DOD. Trust me im an experience gamer.

• @ezto:

RO is not as fun as DOD. Trust me im an experience gamer.

I agree that RO is not as fun as DoD, however the tank battles in RO are awesome, so you cant say it sucks.

• 2007 AAR League

RO is great, I just think that dod is better.

• @ezto:

RO is great, I just think that dod is better.

Agreed then!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m