L24 PTV - Nikola1975 (axis +12) v Daaras (Allies)

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 7

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory

Game History

Round: 7

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 10 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 
            Trigger Germans 6 Atlantic Wall Broken Switch: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_Germans_6_Atlantic_Wall_Possible_Switch attached to Germans

Combat Move - Germans
            2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            1 bomber moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
            2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
            1 bomber moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 tactical_bomber moved from United Kingdom to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to 108 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from United Kingdom to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia
                  Germans take Karelia from Russians
            1 armour moved from Finland to Vyborg
                  Germans take Vyborg from Russians
            1 armour moved from Vyborg to Finland
            1 infantry moved from Western Germany to 115 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 126 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 126 Sea Zone to Iceland

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Iceland
            Battle in 108 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 fighter
                Americans defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 108 Sea Zone
                Germans win, taking Iceland from British with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
            Battle in Romania
                Germans attack with 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Russians defend with 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Romania, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Romania, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Romania
                Germans win, taking Romania from Russians with 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry
            Battle in Poland
                Germans attack with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Poland, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Poland, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Poland
                Germans win, taking Poland from Russians with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Normandy Bordeaux
                Germans attack with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                Americans defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Americans lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                Germans win, taking Normandy Bordeaux from Americans with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 armour moved from United Kingdom to 113 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 1 transport moved from 113 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from 115 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            4 infantry moved from Western Germany to Germany
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Germany
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Romania to Germany
            1 fighter moved from Romania to Germany
            2 bombers moved from Romania to Germany
            3 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Austria
            2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Slovakia Hungary to Germany
            1 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
            1 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
            3 aaGuns, 11 artilleries and 11 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Germany
            1 armour moved from United Kingdom to 113 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 1 transport moved from 113 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from 115 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Western Germany
            1 fighter moved from 108 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            1 fighter moved from Normandy Bordeaux to United Kingdom
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Vyborg

Place Units - Germans
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 1 mech_infantry placed in Germany
            1 artillery, 5 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber placed in Western Germany
            2 infantry placed in United Kingdom
            2 infantry placed in France
            1 infantry placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 2
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 99 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,1,4,3,3,2,1,1,3
            Germans collect 48 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 48 PUs
            Trigger Germans 4 Presence In Egypt: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 53 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 58 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : -0.33
    Russians regular : -1.00
    Germans regular : -0.50

Savegame

• @nikola1975 I actually didn’t see your post. I just downloaded the save and played my turn.

Good Game! I think the biggest issue was the dice. The Germans got diced super hard G1 which made Sea Lion more costly than it should be. I totally agree with your opinion that Italy being useless makes SL less attractive. I’d have to check the math and whatnot, but generally, you just need more land units on the eastern when you take London. I think your first few rounds vs mikawa are pretty good. You did SL and didnt let the red army advance. To be quite honest, this game makes me feel the need to practice SL games as the axis.

I think the mistake most players make with japan is throwing transports away. You left 2 of them undefended on J3, which is why Anzac was so expensive. If you had a few more land units, I don’t get to make that counter attack into Queensland. it was a 50/50 as it was, so literally just one more dude would have swung the odds. Going forward assume transports are your most valuable ship.

Personally, I don’t like to bid to help Italy, as England can still render them pretty obsolete if they go all in.

I’d do a rematch, and hope for more equal dice.

• @Daaras Nice throughts, thanks for taking time to write them.

I don’t like to think about the dice, at the end I always believe it should not decide the game, well not in most cases. But looking back here, you are right, it was bad G1, and once when it start that way, it can roll up. SL was not a good decision after that - you offered it, and I mistakenly took it.

I will report the game, well played, congratulations, and will send you a message in the chat for a new bid :)

• N nikola1975 referenced this topic on

• @nikola1975 I don’t like to think about them in most games, but when they are obnoxiously one sided, which in this case I think they favored me pretty hard. Overall, they might have been relatively balanced, but if I am losing inf, and youre losing planes it’s not equal.

I don’t think SL was a bad call, I think it just didnt work out. If that makes sense.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m