VictoryFirst (Allies) vs The_Good_Captain (Germans) | D-Day Balance Game 1

• @VictoryFirst said in VictoryFirst (Allies) vs The_Good_Captain (Germans) | D-Day Balance Game 1:

A3 fighters.tsvg

Rolling for American fighter in P34
    [dice 1d6]

Rollling for British fighter in P39
    [dice 1d6]

Where are these fighters?

• @VictoryFirst

I’m confused about several things here. First is my error. The German infantry in G17 should not be there. It was eliminated on G2 so the British should be free to move.

Second, why did you roll for AA fire against the fighters? I see all eight fighters over territories without German AA.

Lastly, when you target a territory with bombers or fighters, the AA guns all get to shoot at the aircraft(s). In the case of Cherbourg, both AA guns would get to shoot at the bomber but because one was destroyed by the bomber, that one AA does not get to shoot back. The other does however.

With all this, my recommendation is to refire the entire turn without the German in G17. What do you think?

• My bad, thank you for pointing those things out. I completely missed that the German infantry in G17 should have been removed, I overlooked your post.

Secondly, I also was unaware of the rule that you roll for all AA guns in a territory, not just the one you attacked with the bomber. I will remember it in the future.

As for the fighters, I am not sure what went wrong but I loaded the A3 fighters file and I correctly see two of my fighters in zones with AA guns?

2afd19b9-22ae-4a66-8899-2bad26893784-image.png

At first, I thought this might have something to do with my other game against SuperbattleshipYamato, for which I uploaded files also called A3 fighters and A3 final a couple of minutes earlier, that the files got mixed up or something. But I just checked and I am certain it’s the right one.

• I managed to find an autosave before the end of Allied combat movement, so I suggest I pick it up from there without the German in G17.

• @VictoryFirst huh. I wonder what file I was looking at. all that looks and sounds good. lets go with you picking it up from the end of Allied combat movement.

• @VictoryFirst I mean the *beginning of allied combat movement

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m